SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
aliciagordon

Please help me choose between Lennox and Carrier quotes

aliciagordon
14 years ago

Thank you so much to the knowledgable ones here who have gotten me this far. This is NOT what I expected to be doing this week :-) !!

Our house is 3,250 square feet, but this is just to replace the downstairs AC (I'm guessing 1200 square feet). Our AC is connected to a "gas pack" furnace under the house. We live in central North Carolina. Nothing is wrong with our furnace (that I know of), but Proposal 3 replaces it so as to get the tax credit. That makes the furnace only $250?! And it would get a new 10 year warranty with that. Interesting.

Both contractors seemed professional, but the Lennox rep spent 5 times as much time explaining things to me. The Carrier guy seemed in a hurry to get to lunch or something. If I picked on personality, I'd like to choose the Lennox dealer, but $ is $. We are completely broke, so it seems like I should just pick the cheapest proposal, but I must say the variable speed blower intrigues me. Does that mean we would have better humidity control?

Thank you SO much for your help!!

Proposal 1 - Lennox ACX 14

The quote was $6200, but he came down to $5012 after I revealed I was getting a Carrier quote.

Vision Pro thermostat

Proposal 2 - Lennox XC15

The quote was $7017, but he came down to $5999.

Vision Pro thermostat

Proposal 3 - Lennox XC15 + G61V

The quote was $7209 after rebates, but I think I can get it down to $6200 since he dropped the others by that much.

Vision Pro thermostat

Proposal 4 - Carrier Performance 14 SEER (24APA530A003)

$4,278

Infinity control

Comments (2)