SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
littleriverbb

LG 2277 - Need helping solving noise and vibration issues

littleriverbb
17 years ago

Hi to All -

I did a search on LG2277, and looked at most of the discussions, but didn't find anything exactly related to my question, so I figured I'd see if anyone on the forum has any new experience or suggestions.

I have an LG2277 that I have owned for about 11 months now and although I hate to admit it, this has been a problem pretty much since the beginning. I know I have been procrastinating on this, but just when I decide that it is time to do something about the problem, the machine seems to behave better... unfortunately it never seems to last. As background... I bought my washer from a Big Box store and I did NOT buy an extended warranty (which is part of why I have been procrastinating since I don't want to call in a repair person if there is a solution I can take care of myself). The washer is in a first-floor laundry room (substantial plywood subfloor over wood floor joists over crawl space) and was installed with the pedestal drawer and it has always seemed like a tight fit to the base (in a good way). It is balanced.

The problem I have is noise (any thing from a ticking noise to a really loud "clacketa-clacketa-clacketa") and vibration so bad I can feel it on the second floor on the far side of the house! Not all the time, but enough! It is particularly bad when I have anything heavy in it (jeans and/or sweatshirts especially... even queen-size sheets). It is incredibly bad when I try to use the higher spin speeds. So I have adapted my laundry procedure to make sure that my laundry loads are not too big, that I "space" any heavy items around the edge of the drum, and I don't use spin speeds higher than "Medium", yet the problem still occurs. And unfortunately, this means that my reasons for buying the frontloading machine are essentially void (smaller loads negates the water-savings to some extent and lower spin speeds negates the energy savings since there is no reduction in drying times). :(

So before I call a repair person, I was wondering if anyone has any experience on their FL washer with and without the pedestal drawer. Should I try to take the washer off the pedestal to see if it helps the problem? I do like having the pedestal... but I would sacrifice it if it would solve some of the noise and vibration. I hesitate to "just give it a try" since the machine is so heavy and it would be tough for DH and I to do it ourselves. Is there something else I should try or look for?

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

-Paula

Comments (5)