SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lawjedi

Very annoyed. 2yr old WP Duet has bit the dust.

lawjedi
13 years ago

So my machine started getting really loud - jet engine loud - a month or 2 ago. I called repairman and he immediately said "bearings" and "nearly as expensive to repair vs. buying again" ... so I just decided to put up with the VERY LOUD washer until it died.

It's dead.

So now I need another washer. Obviously I'm not overly anxious to get another whirlpool.

I prefer a front loader - I like having the top of the washer and dryer surfaces for folding. But I've been reading about the unreliability of front loaders.... I DEFINITELY think a washer should last more than 2 years!

I need a LARGE CAPACITY washer. We are a family of 6 and I keep that machine running nearly every day.

I've been researching on and off ever since I knew my machine's days were numbered - and all I am is even more confused. Consumer Reports was no help at all - they liked my dead washer!

So... is there a reliable, large capacity front loading machine that you can recommend????

or do I need to switch to a top loader to have a machine last?

I don't think all the "bells and whistles" are worth it - just more things that can go wrong. But I do want something that can handle the daily demands of a family of 6.

thanks for any advice you may have.

Comments (12)