SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mcladd_gw

Replacing GE Adora FL washer - should we replace dryer too?

mcladd
15 years ago

I have had my final battle with my much-hated GE Adora FL washer and am ready to replace it (more on reasons for that below). DH and I have decided to replace it with a conventional TL washer. Before I begin my research on that, I am trying to determine whether we should also replace the matching dryer. I haven't had any problems with the dryer, but should the Adoras be kept as a pair? I guess I am concerned that a conventional washer may not spin clothes as hard as the Adora, and that the more "efficient" Adora dryer will have trouble keeping up with a conventional washer.

(In case anyone wonders, my issues with the Adora include (1) clothes are NOT as clean as a TL based on direct comparisons with TL machine we use at a summer house; (2) musty smelling clothes/washer; (3) don't want to leave door open between washings b/c I have young children; (4) clothes twisted and very wrinkled; (5) I have had great difficulty removing/replacing the front panel to clean the lint screen (the final straw!))

Comments (3)