SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
msgenie516

questions about adding stpp to detergent in fl...

msgenie516
17 years ago

Hi,

I have very little experience with my FL (Maytag Epic), as I just got it about a month ago. I was intent upon buying a Maytag washer as my 8 year old Maytag dryer has functioned very well, but after reading so many bad reviews about a lot of the large capacity FL machines (including Maytag), I was completely confused and didnÂt know what to buy. But I finally decided that since I set out to buy a Maytag washer, thatÂs what I would do and just take my chances. So far, it has been working flawlessly and is extremely quiet, no sign of mold (I do wipe the gasket dry after every use and leave the door open between loads), cleans very well, and there is barely any vibration, even in the highest spin (but I do have it installed without a pedestal on my concrete basement floor).

I have found this forum very helpful and I have read about adding STPP to my powdered laundry detergent. So I ordered it from the Chemistry Store and I expect delivery today. I have been using Tide HE powder and I was wondering if adding the STPP will make it suds more if I continue to use the same amount of detergent I have been using. Also, I am not completely sure how much STPP I should use. For instance, if I use ¼ cup of detergent, how much STPP should I add? If I would like to use the STPP with some of my liquid detergent, can I add it to the drum before adding the clothes?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much!

Comments (3)