SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
eks6426

wall paint colors vs granite

eks6426
14 years ago

Is there a rule of thumb on how to choose a wall color? I will have warm white cabinets that will yellow over time, medium brown oak floors, lighter granite that has warm golden tones and grey tones on a cream background (pic below). My plan has been to do a light greyed down aqua bluish color..I had an earlier thread on this.

I really have very little true wall space so my plan was that I would find tile similar to my paint color...or find a paint color similar to the tile. Finding a light bluish aqua tile is fairly easy right now...went to the tile store with a piece of wood painted the cabinet color, another the potential light blue wall color (BM-Ocean Air) and a chunk of granite...

As I was looking at tiles similar to the wall color, hubby says, "but the blue doesn't really match the granite...."

Huh? I thought of my granite as a neutral. I really wasn't thinking I needed to match it....

But maybe he is right. What do you think? If I were going to match the granite, I would need to do paint and tile that is probably more of a warm tan type of color.....but I really love blue....

I need to paint the walls this weekend so I have to decide quickly.

Disregard tile in the picture..flooring has been replaced with the medium brown oak.

{{gwi:1574228}}

Comments (7)