SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
miele__fan

Miele and ultimate laundry room

miele__fan
17 years ago

hello all,

this is my first post here, so go easy on me :)

a few months ago my old whirlpool laundry machine that i inherited with a house broke down and flooded a bit. since that day i decided that if i am going to replace the laundry, i might as well do it correctly. so i have decided to get Miele W1215 and T1415.

as an engineer, i think about every little detail. below are some of the stuff that has already been done, some stuff i am debating about and some stuff i will do later.

the tile floor is already in and the paint is in place. the long term goal is to have a countertop above the appliances and some cabinets on top.

here is a few things i am struggling with:

1. i want to have the appliances as close to the back wall as possible. so i was thinking of hooking the dryer vent outlet directly into the metal pipe coming out of the wall. the problem is aligning the pipe properly so that i can just push the dryer into the spot and have it connected. another possibility is using dryerbox pictured here: http://www.dryerbox.com -- but if i go with this setup, the flex pipe will be very short and will have to bend 90 degrees.

2. water pipes. the current water inlet is coming out pointed straight and hoses behind miele come up straight up and dont have a 90 degree on them, so i looked everywhere and came up with a hack which gives me the 90 degree i want. i will need to have a cutout for water hoses in the countertop.

pictures will follow shortly. i am more curios about what people think on how to best connect dryer to the vent in the back and have it as close to the wall as possible. appliances are coming on friday. thanks...

Comments (11)