SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_16331601

weaving a life...

User
12 years ago

I went to my weaving class on Thursday. I was completely entranced by the process after attending the group weaving last Saturday. I read as much as I could find on the subject before I got there Thursday.

A link I found spoke of Saori as a free-weaving technique that embraced a lot of the meditative concepts I have been working to embrace in my life. I will link to it below. It is fascinating and right up my alley as I have absolutely no background for needle arts.

I warped the loom with help from Ann, the instructor at the studio. I then got a bag of partial bobbins from her in the colors I wanted to use...scraps , if you will. I set to creating. Seven hours later i got up and had a 6 ft long shawl ! Whew..where did the time go ? I am so pleased. It is "rustic" and free and meditative and evolving. I call it evolution. I will use it as my meditation shawl each day. I am looking for some wood beads and possibly some tiny tiny bells to add to the fringe. Any suggestions on that are most welcome.

Here are some pics.

I have warped the loom for another piece today and will start it Tuesday when the open. It is " sparkly" ! I love the yarn. It will be a loose long jacket...

I wish I could afford a Saori loom but at present I can't. So I am going to get a rigid heddle table loom and learn on that. There is possibility in all of it. I am so pleased by the whole process. Here is a link to the meaning and start of the Saori weaving. c

Here is a link that might be useful: Saori weaving

Comments (23)