SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
eclecticme_gw

Do you look older (or younger) than you really are?

eclecticme
13 years ago

Do you ever wonder how strangers view you? Do you THINK you look younger or older than you really are? Would you be willing to post head photos and let others guess your age? I think it would be kinda fun...and an eye opener. Are you game? I dont want to go first :)

Comments (150)

• susanwrites
    13 years ago

boopadaboo - I went in and had a price on getting veneers recently too. He had me smile and then ended up telling me I'd need something like 8 veneers to the tune of $20K

ouch! I'd love to do it but don't think it would be worth it since I take antibiotics for my rosecea which stain the teeth. Plus I've always had a "gummy" smile.

so now I'm practicing learning how to smile without showing any teeth.

• stinky-gardener
    13 years ago

Remember Mona Lisa! Susan, if you can't dazzle them with your pearly whites, charm them with your demure, mysterious, maybe even mischievous smile!

Who needs perfect teeth when you have such a pretty blonde mane!

• Related Discussions

Is it better when step kids are Older or Younger?

Q

Comments (19)
    Bonnie, It only gets better when they get older if they are taught from the beginning HOW to behave properly. If they are allowed to treat people like crap, they won't wake up one morning & realize they shouldn't act that way. However if the parents are drilling into them to treat people nice, they may wake up one day & realize the parents were right. Usually it happens when they become parents themselves. (and maybe they appreciate or realize how hard it is to be a stepparent when they become one or see a situation that opens their eyes to it) As you can see in other threads, every kid & every situation is different. I read Pseudo's thread where her SD has an about face & now wants to be "friends" with Pseudo after years of animosity. My first inclination is that the SD is going to use her "friendliness" with SM as a weapon to hurt a mom she is angry at, rather than an epiphany that she now realizes how great SM is and loves her for it. I'm not saying she doesn't realize how great Pseudo is, because she does realize Pseudo doesn't treat her as bad as her own mom... but in my opinion, it's more likely a manipulation. My point is that kids do get older & figure things out, form their own opinions, and maybe even stick up for themselves.... but do you really want to go through what Pseudo is going through? Or JustNotMartha? Or me? or any of the other SM's that are in similar situations? We all had the best intentions, have given endlessly & ended up, in one way or another, stressed out & frustrated. and the stress takes it's toll... on our relationships, physical health, mental health, and quality of work. I'm envious of those that can toss back a few drinks, even though I abstain from alcohol because my mom is an alcoholic & I have health problems I don't want to make worse... but I've been on medication, take stress management, go to counseling, and have gained weight because I'm a stress eater. For me, it just keeps getting worse. My SD is 12 now. She knows her mom is full of BS. She knows all I've done for her. But, there are people in their 30's, 40's, and older that can STILL be manipulated. There is no magical age where that ends... it ends when a person decides they are being manipulated and no longer wants to allow someone else to manipulate them. My SD's grandma is in her 70's and still allows BM to tell her what to do. That is what dysfunction is all about. Perhaps there is something in your past that draws you into the situation because that is where you're comfortable?
    ...See More

were you happier when you were younger

Q

Comments (22)
    Can't say. I had always been a happy, healthy, optimistic person, married to a happy, healthy, optimistic man. We worked hard, saved what we could, put our six happy, well-adjusted kids through college, loved each other, enjoyed life as we went through it while looking forward to the future. Three years ago, on the brink of retirement in our early 60s, we were each diagnosed with cancer within seven weeks of each other, and we were both expected to have died by now. Neither of us has died. While we were convalescing, hub's company abruptly changed the retirement plan, leaving us broke. I have watched my sunny husband become sad and worried almost beyond his ability to cope. I am helpless to change anything about our situation and it is breaking my heart to watch his heart break over what we hoped would be. Hub has had one life-threatening illness after another these last three years, but no return of cancer. No matter how optimistic or happy or healthy and careful you have been your entire life, sometimes life throws bombs at your head and it's hard to keep your chin up. Health and money. If you've got those...... Sherry
    ...See More

Do you have shower glass older than 2 years?

Q

Comments (7)
    We've had frameless glass showers for years in all the bathrooms and in my new house have had mine for two years. As far as care, it's not hard to keep looking good - I just squeegee it after a shower to get the majority of the water off it and from getting water spots everywhere. For cleaning, I spray it with 409 about once every week or two while showering and then spray it off with the handheld shower head. No scrubbing required :) Just FYI - We've never had any treatment or coating applied to any of our showers and they are just standard tempered glass, not frosted or textured.
    ...See More

Looking for Historic Irises Older than 1940

Q

Comments (19)
    I want to thank you for starting the post, Deborah. We bought a house in 1980 that was built in 1965 and it had some irises. Of course I never knew the name. I will never know for sure, but one listed on both of the sites above looks exactly like them. They have spread over the years and I have hundreds. https://www.willowbendirisfarm.com/tall-bearded-(a-b)-babbling-brook-p-259.html
    ...See More
  • allison0704
    13 years ago

LOL Amysrq.

Boop, I bet that would cover your eyes. fyi, I've seen Invisalign specials/coupons locally, so check around. Times are tough. I did Invisalign in 2001 for about 18mths. GREAT system.

Sheesharee, I've never used the Phloretin CF but was going to order -- keep forgetting! Will order gingko too. ;D

• mitchdesj
    13 years ago

gdust, what a mane of hair, you were adorable !! love the bellbottoms on you two....

• marlene_2007
    13 years ago

I've had Botox for over 15 years with no side affects. Two months ago, after having three non cosmetic eyelid surgeries to remove a thingy from my lower lid, I had my surgeon who is an expert in the field give me a couple of Botox injections. Within a week, I had a droopy eyelid (I thought I had had a stroke!). Apparently, it's a very rare side affect of Botox. I will never, ever have Botox again. Ever!! Between the healing of the one eyelid on which I had the three surgeries and the droopy eyelid...well...not a pretty site.

I had my first cosmetic eyelid surgery at 41 and the second time at 59 in addition to a facelift. I am 62 and I can honestly say I look my age, even though my plastic surgeon did a very good job. What makes me feel good and young is running 5 miles and lifting weights.

Allison, I agree with everyone else, your surgeon did a wonderful job. The best plastic surgery is one where someone looks at you and says "Hmmm, something is different.." but they can't figure it out.

• Sueb20
    13 years ago

Amazon sells the Phloretin stuff, including a 1 oz. sample for around $13. Of course, I ordered it. My skin tends to break out even at my advanced age, so I'm always wary of any new cream or serum. I don't expect dramatic results from 1 oz., but at least I'll be able to see if it irritates my skin.

Oh, I also just bought the Clinique foundation that's supposed to reduce dark spots.

• User
    13 years ago

Sue - Good idea with the sample. I just bought one to make sure it doesn't irritate my skin too.

So now I'm thinking... the product is coming by mail so hopefully it's ok. It's still been warm here. So much for the "cool, dry place". I also wonder how long they've had the product.

I noticed some of the reviewers mentioned putting it in the refrigerator. At first I thought that seemed like a good idea but then wondered if that would hurt the stuff more than help.

• terezosa / terriks
    13 years ago

Just FYI, the full size of Phloretin is 1 oz, and is more than $100/bottle, so the sample must be a considerably smaller amount. I imagine it would be a small vial like a perfume sample.

• Sueb20
    13 years ago

Oh sorry, I actually don't remember how large the sample was, I was just making up the 1 oz. part! It's probably 0.1 ounce!

• stinky-gardener
    13 years ago

Don't mean to throw cold water...maybe I shouldn't say anything, but I just read a very bad review from the "Cosmetic Cop" about Phloretin. Still, those of you who ordered samples may have a positive experience. Everyone is different.

She did give very high marks to some other products in the line, especially the retinol products from Skinceuticals. Btw, the Phloretin is $152.00 an ounce! Here's part of the review:

"Although there are compelling reasons to consider phloretin as another potent, beneficial antioxidant to improve skin's appearance and healthy functioning, in the case of this product it is completely wasted. Why? Because the amount of denatured alcohol in this serum negates any antioxidant benefit of the phloretin. The inclusion of alcohol is extremely disappointing because alcohol causes free-radical damage, cell death, and irritation. That does not help skin in the least and, in fact, makes matters worse.

Bottom line: Phloretin may be the antioxidant du jour, but not in this product."

• Faron79
    13 years ago

WOW...good lookin' dames on this thread...;-)

Welllllll...here's me a "short time" ago...

Faron

• allison0704
    13 years ago

;D @ Faron.

Stinky, I googled and found the below unbiased review. Both it and your article are from 2008. Wonder if the product has changed any since then. I mentioned your post to DD1 and she said "it (skinceuticals phloretin) has changed my life." I'm sure it's like every other product out there - good for some skin types, not for others.

Here is a link that might be useful: article

• stinky-gardener
    13 years ago

I agree Allison, everyone needs to experiment to find what works best for them. I trust Paula Begoun's reviews, but recognize that her take on things doesn't necessarily hold true for everyone! I know for example, that I can't use products with alcohol in them, but I read that Katherine Hepburn used to clean her face daily with alcohol & nothing else! Go figure!

So tell us Allison, what do YOU use to care for your porcelain complexion? You really have pretty skin.

We need to find out Allison's skin care regime & get a peek inside Mona's makeup bag! That's a winning combination!

• allison0704
    13 years ago

Thanks, Stinky. Forgot to thank Marlene a minute ago too. I tend to start by answering last post and forget to go back. :-/

I have been using Principal Secret for washing and moisturizing for years. Like 10 or more. Have been using the Reclaim system since it was developed (my third system through them). I joined "the club" so I can "customize" my order. I always order a 9-pc Club Kit and have it on every 6mths timing ($119.70 = $13.30 each product. Nice price, I think). That way, I can call and change it to what I need to replace. (DH uses the moisturizers and face wash too). 6 months is actually how long 9 products last me, so it works well.

Here is what I use from Principal Secret:
    Reclaim Anti-Aging Day Cream
    Reclaim Anti-Aging Night Cream (only dif is day has sunscreen)
    Reclaim Total Facial Cleanser (at night to remove make-up, but may use twice a day if I get hot/sweaty/dirty)

I have but don't use regularly - should use once a week:
    Reclaim Age Breaker Enzyme Mask & Peel (very gentle, takes off dead skin around my nose)
    follow that with:
    Reclaim Age Breaker Wrinkle Retreat Refirming Mask - which is really just a moisturizing capsule. I usually only leave on for 20 minutes, but it can be worn all night.

I have purchased one of each, but stopped using a long time ago (still have some left)
    Age Breaker Line Breaker Serum
    Age Breaker EyeMazing Eye Serum

I wear Bobbi Brown make-up and use the Hydrating Eye Cream in the mornings. I love to have (use about twice a month) the Extra Balm Rinse mixed with Buffing Grains - use on face, nose, neck and upper chest. I buy locally at Saks or online at Bobbi Brown (free shipping). Sephora sells it now.

In the past, Mom used Crisco on her face. I am not that brave! LOL

• golddust
    13 years ago

My dermatologist recommends corn oil for me as I'm allergic to most preservatives in moisturizer. Crisco is a great hair moisturizer - just don't use too much!

• stinky-gardener
    13 years ago

Wow, thanks, Allison! Those Principal Secret products sound intriguing. Would really like to try that mask. It's hard to find a moisturizing mask. My long-time favorite was by Prescriptives & is no longer produced.

Bobbi Brown makes such nice foundations in the best, most neutral shades. So many foundations are too rose, too peach, too orange, or too yellow. BB's are all just like real skin tones & beautiful. You don't look like you're wearing makeup in the pic, so you have found a shade that's just right for you.

Golddust, I love the idea of home/kitchen/natural products. Noticed that you have really good, thick hair. Now I know that may be due to your Crisco conditioning treatments! Olive oil is also great for conditioning the ends of your hair & massaging into your nails (& elbows!)

My favorite kitchen spa treatments are cucumber slices or chamomile tea bags for puffy under-eye circles.

• work_in_progress_08
    13 years ago

Great thread, didn't get a chance to read everyone's posts, but I'm willing to play. I definitely look my age & more!

I wear only invisible foundation, maybelline mascara. I am thinking I need to get more info on mona's prep! LOL

With DH at Summer wedding

So many nice pictures!

• User
    13 years ago

This was taken right before I left on my epic bicycle ride from St. Augustine FL to San Diego CA in February. I will be 60 in December.

Things have been pretty rough the past month so I think I have aged a decade in that time. I am getting by and focusing on the good times I have had and the ones that are yet out there for me and my family...I know they are there.

I have enjoyed seeing all the great photos and reading the stories that go with them. c

• stinky-gardener
    13 years ago

Workinprogress, you & your dh make a very attractive couple! I'd say you are 50?

Trailrunner, you look amazing. You certainly don't look anywhere near 60! Sorry to hear that you've had a difficult month. I know there will be better times ahead for you & I hope that time arrives asap! I admire your strength & positivity!

• work_in_progress_08
    13 years ago

Good guess stinky, I hit 50 next birthday. I don't worry about creams and lines as each line represents times in my life, both trials and acccomplishments! Age defying measures such as Botox, and surgeries will never be on my radar. Just not for me personally. However, most who avail themselves of same, seem to feel and look very, very different post-surgery! I do know people who have gone down that slippery slope where you get addicted to having things done, and it is a sad thing. Some do not know where to find the stop sign. LOL

DH is my perfect partner. I have someone great to travel this journey, and for that I am forever greatful.

trailrunner - May your adverisities subside as soon as possible. Staying in shape certainly will help you with your journey. Exercise reduces or at least helps with stressful situations. You look like you do that pretty well! And no, you don't look 60!

• newdawn1895
    13 years ago

Everyone looks so fabulous, I knew your age Allison so I didn't play but you could pass for 38, hands down. Trailrunner you have a really toned body and arms like the first lady. And I also knew your age, you look great. Your one of those women that really grays beautifully, not many do.

Shee, I love that picture of you I would frame it, very cute and sexy.

This picture of me was taken two years ago at my sister's house and I feel like I have aged a lot. My old house is going to turn me into an old lady. Oh, that's right, I am old. (lol)

....Jane

Note: I don't dress like this the sweater went back to the store.

{{gwi:1521299}}

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    13 years ago

Don't have many pictures of me. DH still prefers using his old camera rather than the digital one. Here is a link to my profile pic on another site-it is 5 years old. At school last week, I was passing a line of kindergarteners and spoke to several of them. One little boy looked up at me and said "You're old." Too funny. I looked right back at him and said, "You're young." He grinned. No place in education for ego!

Here is a link that might be useful: picture of me

• natal
    13 years ago

Work, your handsome hubby reminds me of Brad Pitt.

• palimpsest
    13 years ago

I get guesses usually around ten years younger. The most problematic was when someone asked if my woman friend-coworker who is almost exactly a year older was my Mom. (and it happened twice)

• demifloyd
    13 years ago

I look my age.

It doesn't really bother me, although if I could look a little younger it would be okay with me. But in a few years I'd be right back where I am anyway. Turning back the clock on my face doesn't interest me. Turning back the clock on my life would be far preferable and more beneficial.

When my daughter was two years old, I took her and her five year old sister to the polls. Of course very elderly ladies were volunteering at the pools. This was about a month after my grandmother had died.

One lady was probably well into her eighties and had one of those faces that looked like a Sharp-Pei--full of crevices.
    As I was signing the register, two year old DD places her tiny fingers on the edge of the table, stands on her tip-toes, looks right at the lady and says, "You old. You gonna die." (so much for explaining death and aging to a two year old).

Unfortunately, the lady did not have a sense of humor and chastised her. My five year old was mortified and took her to a corner near a voting booth where I pulled the lever and got out of there.

So--there you have it--if we make it to old, we're gonna die. As long as two year olds don't approach me and remind me, I'll consider myself acceptable!

• allison0704
    13 years ago

I would gladly give up my new look if you could turn back the clock, Demi. What else are friends for? ;)

• demifloyd
    13 years ago

You are a treasured friend, Allison.
    I know you would.

I wouldn't want you to--you look fabulous and so does everyone here. I think some women are too hard on themselves--I don't see wrinkles or sagging skin, I see women who are accomplished, involved and interesting.
    We're our own worst critics.

If I could turn back the clock I'd probably care! ;)
    Hope springs eternal.

• newdawn1895
    13 years ago

Very well put Demifloyd. If you want to know how you really look ask a two year old, you'll get the honest to goodness truth.

• Faron79
    13 years ago

ALL you ladies (& Guys!) sincerely look fantastic!!
    Beautiful people...all of you!

My DM sent a pic of me in the mail today..."little Faron" IN THE KITCHEN SINK, havin a bath!!

I'll see if I can get it scanned/uploaded/& posted back here...
    Dear Lord..why am I doin' this?!?!

Faron

• work_in_progress_08
    13 years ago

natal - to me my DH is hotter than Brad Pitt. Says somethin, huh?

However you should have seen him when we met at the young age of 17 (platonic friends). I would have never dated him, he had mid back length hair - same hair as DD if you can believe it. Total free child hippie, driving a VW Bus. Lived in flip flops 4 seasons, crusin through life with the top down. Crazy. Meant to be a Woodstock kinda guy.

Fast forward, now hair doesn't get longer than 2" on top. Doesn't go anywhere with out that freakin Blackberry. We never dated till I/we were older and had both sewn our oats so to say. We are married now 22 years.

Life is good!

• natal
    13 years ago

Work, those were the guys I was attracted to. ;) When I met dh in '77 his hair was short and curly ... but he eventually let it grow and had the most gorgeous curly ponytail for a number of years. We were both free spirits ... best time of my life! Thirty plus years later we're so conventional, but I wouldn't change the early years for anything!

• work_in_progress_08
    13 years ago

Hands down best thing was foundation of friendship we formed by just being friends for so many years before we actually "dated". Had a lots-o-fun.

He eventually turned into the guy that was the "good on paper" type, which I had my mind set on for a marriage material consideration. Best of both worlds so you might say! Admired his free spirit wholeheartedly tho ~ just not the hair, not so much. I am more of a short hair guy-type gal!

Must be that I respect that tight buzz cut from all the years of living with military in my life? What a long strange trip it's been (to say the very least)!

• stinky-gardener
    13 years ago

As far as a child's perception of youth goes, I have story from my own childhood that shows it's really in the eye of the beholder!

My eldest sister Peggy, who would get me ready for pre-school when I was 4, was brushing my hair. We both faced the mirror, & she asked enthusiastically, "Who's the prettiest girl in the whole wide world?" Instead of saying "Me" or "You" I said, "Mrs. Myrtle!"

Well, Mrs. Myrtle was an 80 yr. old assistant at the pre-school. Peggy has since told me that she had a slight hunch back, was as wrinkled as could be, with dishwater gray hair. To my eyes, at age 4, a beautiful person simply shined through those less than ideal externals.

Indeed to me, she was "the prettiest girl in the whole wide world!"

• User
    13 years ago

Ok, I want to play too. This picture was taken this year on an island cruise we were on.

{{gwi:1521300}}

• stinky-gardener
    13 years ago

Newdawn, that's a pretty photo. I don't think you should return the sweater, that sage green is very nice on you. You don't look "old" at all. I'd say you are around 50-52? Your hair color is very pretty & so is your makeup. I love that lipstick color you're wearing. I know you used to be in the beauty biz, so you know what you're doing!

We lost Roseabbey's pic!

• User
    13 years ago

Hi stinky
    Here is my picture again. I deleted the first one, I got a bit nervous having it on the net.
    {{gwi:1521300}}

• stinky-gardener
    13 years ago

Rose, Hi! Wow, pretty lady. (Are you open to some feedback?)

You have a very young-looking face & not-so-young looking hair! Your face puts you somewhere in your late 40's...47,48, but your hair confuses the issue & makes me wonder if you are much older!

I think your cut is cute & very stylish, & you obviously have a great head of hair. The color is very pretty, but there is a disconnect in your case with your face, imo. If you feel the gray suits you, & you don't want to color, that's great, just giving you one perspective. If you colored your hair you might risk looking MUCH younger than your dh & friends & you might not want to do that...lol!

• theroselvr
    13 years ago

This is the only recent pic I have of myself. I'm with my 16 (at the time) year old last Christmas while hub was doing treatment. He'd just done his last chemo & radiation, so I was exhausted. I need a haircut bad; my hair is almost down to my waist. I need to have my hair professionally colored but have been putting it off for years.

The Bah-Humbug hat is hubs. I love Christmas.

I was 44 in the pic, am 45 now. Do I look my age? Yeah.

• mitchdesj
    13 years ago

roselvr, are you kidding me, you could pass for 39 anyday with those cheekbones.

roseabbey, I kept going back to your picture yesterday before it vanished,
    you are so pretty, but I can't put an age on you, you probably look younger than you are.

• User
    13 years ago

Stinky, thanks for the compliment. I am 56. About the hair coloring, I went grey very early in life and did do some hightlighing as my hair was graying. I stoppped doing that a few years back and cant image myself any other color. But who knows,, things can change. I am waiting to see Mrsmary in her new color.

mitch, thank you too for the compliment. I am 56.

• newdawn1895
    13 years ago

Thank you Stinky for the wonderful compliment, I turned 60 six months ago, yikes.

Roseabbey you look great and so happy. Like trailrunner you look great in gray hair. I wouldn't worry about having my picture on the net, what could happen really?

....Jane

• natal
    13 years ago

Roseabbey, you have a very youthful face. You remind me of a neighbor who also went gray early. She wears it well as do you. I disagree with Stinky's comment. Color is not always the answer. And once you start when do you stop?

• eclecticme
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I like grey hair. Roseabby I think your hair looks great. It looks very thick. But change is good too. I think you would look younger if it were colored. But, who wants to be a slave to their hair???? At one time I permed my hair. Black people perm their hair to straighten it, not to curl it. It was sooo exhausting. Finally I decided to go natural. I am so much happier. My hair is locked. Its natural, it takes 2 seconds to "do" my hair in the morning. And, I get compliments on it almost every day. Its very long, though you cant tell in the photo I posted above. Most people cant figure out how I get my hair to look this way. They often want to feel it. Its usually the older people, like 70+ that are able to muster up the nerve to ask. I think people are sometimes intrigued so they just stare. Maybe they just think I look nuts :) Ha Ha.

I think your hair looks fantastic just the way it is. Now thats not to say you wouldnt look really hip as a red head :) But hip might not be the look your going for. Who knows.

• User
    13 years ago

Jane, thanks, I do got compliments on my hair color...I have a couple of friends that are considering letting their hair go natural and hope to have my hair color.

natal, thank you. I sometimes think about coloring my hair but than dont. I would rather have a younger looking face and older looking hair than older looking face and younger looking hair.

eclect, thank you. We always want what we dont have it seems!

• saltnpeppa
    13 years ago

Oh my gosh....I can't believe I am putting this out here....
    This is from a party last weekend so it's a current pic - this is a neat threat b/c we don't know each other irl so people can be honest without worrying about being pc!

Smiles:)

{{gwi:1521302}}

• saltnpeppa
    13 years ago

Well, I guess I don't get to guess anyone's age since it has all been revealed.

Allison - WOW! I so want the name of your surgeon since Im in TN, so could easily make a trip to AL. You look amazing and you've got a peaches n cream skin (hatin ya!!)

Mona - you look so awesome & what a cutie you are!! I, too, want your make-up secrets and too funny @ the story you told about the older woman.

Eclectic - you are beautiful and I wouldn't have guessed 40. Ive noticed women of color age beautifully & you will too.

Cooperbailey - You are a doll & it's weird but from your post you look like I would expect you too. Very approachable.

Sueb - you have those dark hershey bar eyes that are gorgeous!

Judiegal - you have that beautiful dark Italian coloring and hair. You look awesome & all those are your girls??!! OMG - 1 child just about did me in!!

Stinky - 48....no way, girl!!

Pesky - you have nary a wrinkle & your DH doesn't even look younger than you!! So your having eyelid surgery, too. You'll be passing for a sibling to your children!

Kitchenkelly - you are such a cutie!!
    Shee - Show your pretty face, girl!! I remember seeing a pic of your b4 & your gawgeous! you youngin :)

Mitch - You look awesome....would you please come to TN and teach me how to dress & accessorize. I bet you have some awesome clothes. And beautiful teeth.

Susanwrites - I would have never guessed your age. What beautiful hair you have.....long blonde and flowing

Kellyeng - welll, aren't you a cutie. Beautiful eyes

Golddust - I don't think you or your daughter look your age. You both are beautiful.

I really want to comment about everyone b/c I feel as women we need to hear about the beautiful we do have. Women can be so catty that they don't often compliment other women. know I too often pick myself to misery with comparing myself to others that are younger, skinnier, more stylish.....the list goes on.
    Ok....I'll be back b/c I have comments about the rest....gotta leave to pick son up from school.

• saltnpeppa
    13 years ago

Jerseygirl....another very pretty lady & no you don't look your age, either!

Jlc....another peaches n cream with beautiful red hair & blue eyes!

Nanny2a....you little hottie! Your skin looks beautiful - nice and golden.

Lvr golden.....Your hair looks beautiful...I sure wouldn't color it either. You look great.

Faron....our only male pic - what a handsome fella you are!

Work in progress - you are a beautiful woman. I love the fact that you are not trying to be anyone other than you are. Nice bosoms, too. LOL

Trailrunner.....OMG if I could look as good as you do in spandex at my age now.....beautiful toned arms. You making that bike look good, girl!

Newdawn....what a little sexy number you are! You have gorgeous eyes and those lips....goodness!!

Pal....your one of the few men around here...where's your pic??

Roselvr - Im not thinkin you look your age at all. It sounds like you were going thru alot and you still look good.

Roseabbey....we lost your picture! I understand...I feel really weird putting mine out here, too.

What a bunch of good lookin' peeps here on GW!!

• allison0704
    13 years ago

Thanks. Email me and I'll send it to you.

Week 12 update: Still swollen. Tired of being swollen. (Jawline to middle of ear, under chin. He said the under chin swelling was due to sleeping on that side most of the night, but when I switch sides I wake up with swelling on both sides.)

I'd say it actually "hurts" more now than the week after. It's not painful but more uncomfortable. Especially when I sneeze. When I'm in bed, there is more discomfort along jaw line and top of neck/sides. Pulling sensation. I'm sure it's due to the nerve endings repairing.

I know swelling can take up to six months to go away, and I've been told feeling "tight" for 4 months is what you want - an excellent sign your jowls won't be sagging at 6 months.

I had my hair done today and my gal was saying my hair is all coming back in now. About 1/2" long. Kinda wispy. ;D

Tender pretty much everywhere. Still hurts to pluck my eyebrows, but still happy I had it done. lol

• Faron79
    13 years ago

Dear Lord...
    Here I go!
    (NOT my best pic...Uffda.)

Used my self-timer & shot this tonite!
    Just GUESS what NFL team I love..!?!??!
    Left the glasses off for the heck of it too!

Don't laugh TOO hard!

SOMEDAY...my hair will get gray...LOL!!!!!!!

Faron

• stinky-gardener
    13 years ago

Scooby, first of all, thanks! Second, I'd say you look about 30, & have movie-star good looks. Beautiful teeth, pretty coloring, glowy skin, gorgeous shiny hair, pretty features. You're quite a beauty. We all know what a lovely lady you are on the inside too!

Faron, you look exactly as I had imagined you. I'd say you look about 45? You still have a full head of hair! Do you use a curling iron & spray... or mousse? LOL! (Nice hair!)

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor