SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
savbulldawg

Multiple problems with new heat pump/AC

savbulldawg
15 years ago

Three weeks ago I had a new Bryant 3-ton 286ANA heat pump installed. For the first two weeks everything was fine. However this past sunday we came home from vacation and it was no longer working. After getting a service guy out he said it was a freon leak. He patched that and refilled it with freon and it was working again. I'm pretty laid back and just kinda brushed it off as no big deal.

Then the next day when i get in from work the Evolution controller is off and the AC is not working. I get a service guy out and the drain pain was clogged which caused the float switch to kill the system. The installers used the old drain line instead of a new drain line and that old line was clogged. The service rep then went through three or four things that installers didnt do right and I got the vibe he was not pleased with the install.

Then this morning my three old was laying in the bed and looks up and says...Daddy whats that on the ceiling. I look up and we now have four water stains on ceiling from the unit in the attic. I climb up in the attic and look around. I dont think its still leaking but i couldnt tell for sure.

I've called them to tell them about the water damage and the service manager is supposed to call me back. My big issue is I have little confidence in the quality of this install job and would love for them to just yank the unit out and I go with someone else. The company I went with was recomended my multiple people, had a A+ BBB rating and has been in business here for 30+ years.

I doubt they will just take it out and give me my money back so what I need to know is what else should I demand from them to make this right? What other things should I look for to check to see if this job was a quality job or not?

I'm just frustrated and really want to protect myself from future issues because Im sure I will be having them with this system.

Thanks.

Comments (5)