SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cookebook

Hot Noodles with Linda C

cookebook
14 years ago

Even though you guys donÂt yet know me very well, IÂve been lurking for so long, and dream about food so often, that yall have crept into my dreams since you're the best cooks I know. Last night was Linda CÂs turn.

I dreamt I went to visit Linda C at her Iowa mansion. In my dreams you all live in mansions except Annie, whose idyllic farmhouse puts all of your mansions to shame. But I digress. Linda wasnÂt home but I walked in anyway like I owned the place and spotted a steaming bowl of homemade egg noodles on the counter next to a bottle of best quality gin.

They were delicious! And covered with a kind of thickened beef stock. Linda C walks in and admonishes me good naturedly because these noodles were made in honor of a dead person, and here I was eating them in Jethro Bodine fashion right out of the serving bowl. Thankfully all was forgiven. She shook her finger at me while with the other hand POOFed something for the mourners.

So now I have to have egg noodles with a thicken beef broth sauce. This sounds German. Are there any Germans in the house who can come to my rescue? Should I boil the noodles in the beef broth? Or make the noodles and the sauce separately? Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks! Kyle

Comments (12)