SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
aftermidnight_gw

Chinese Red Noodle Bean Question

I managed to find seed this summer and I'm hoping to try them next year. How much success do you think I will have growing them here on Vancouver Island B.C.? I have a greenhouse so could start them early, but how early? We did have a warm/hot summer this year and the day temps are still in the upper 70's so hoping for a repeat next year.

I have grown Cherokee Trail of Tears and a bean brought over from Italy for many years. Also I have kept going a bean that I got years ago brought over from China in the early 1900's. I really would like to try something new each year, any suggestions of what would do well for me, I only have room for pole beans. If I start yardlongs in the greenhouse do you think they will produce here or is that just wishful thinking.

I really enjoy reading through the threads here, I have learned so much, I guess when I comes down to it beans are DH's and my favorite veggie, although we usually eat them steamed we also like them in a stirfry, with shallots and mushrooms.

Annette

Comments (16)

Sponsored