SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nicoletouk

So mad I could spit!

nicoletouk
13 years ago

I'm supposed to be doing homework - I have two assignments due in 4 hours! - but I am so mad I need to get this off my chest so I can concentrate.

The city has sent out contractors to repave our streets, and they are doing my street today. I have some old crabapples close to the road, and I saw them whack at the branches with a backhoe, breaking them off so it would be easier for the large trucks to get by.

I was still in my PJs, so I ran and changed, then went outside after the damage had been done. They broke off a small branch (no big deal), and quite a large branch, one of the main branches of the tree.

When I got outside on of the workers was taking pictures of the damage, so they must have known they did something wrong. He told me there was no other way for them to get by, and they will be by later to saw off the jagged end when the branch once was. I pointed out that this large branch was obviously there for decades and didn't need to be removed when they had previously repaved the road, and he referred me to the forman for the job.

I talked to the forman, who admitted that he wished they had asked him first because he would have told them not to do it, it probably wasn't nessessary. He then gave me the number of someone at the city who is heading up this project.

I'm so mad!!! I haven'ty talked to the city guy yet because I don't know what I want, other to b*tch. I really want my branches back, but that's not going to happen. I am going to go take my own photos of what they did, but what do I do with them?

Just watching them WHACK at my old tree with their backhoe was infuriating.

What would you guys do about this?

Nicole

Comments (3)