SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tinycastles

PIC: Medallion cream cabinets were delivered! Love them!!

13 years ago

Just wanted to share in case there are others out there in kitchen land who lust after cream (not white) kitchen cabinets...See pic below- Medallion cabinet in Oyster Heirloom. Pic was taken w/cell phone in our storage warehouse, so not the best lighting.

I ordered Medallion cabinets for our new kitchen after seeing how well they have held up for my mom. I was also super picky about the finish. I wanted a cream, not too yellow, but not a cool (grey) cream either. Most of the eggshell and ivory finishes were still too light for my liking. I also wanted some distressing and glazing, but not overdone.

Here's a summary of what I looked at. I got quotes from Omega (Dynasty), Bertch, Shiloh, and Medallion. Bertch price point was good (similar to Medallion), but to be honest I just could not find the cream color that I loved. I got a door sample in the Parchment finish, but it seemed very manila envelopey, almost a taupey cream if that makes sense. Dynasty's price was ridiculously high....I'm talking Range Rover parked in my kitchen high. Definitely did NOT love their cream colors that much to justify that kind of $$$. But since we're talking money....Had money been no object, I would have gone with the Shiloh cabinets in the Old World finish. It's their newest finish that is available in a number of shades, including two cream shades-Custard and Cornsilk, both are gorgeous. The Old World finish is definitely an upgrade. Its not just a color; its glazing, crackling, distressing, etc. a real furniture look. A little bit too high for my budget though (still considerably cheaper than Dynasty) Once Shiloh was priced out with their standard painted, glazed, distressed finish it was actually closer to Medallion. I believe more expensive, but only by a few thousand. Sadly, once the Old World finishes were ruled out, I didn't love any of the other cream/glazing options.

I've always loved Medallion cabinets in the Oyster Heirloom, so thats what I ended up going with. Medallion was having a big sale, so I got the whole shebang for a very good price-we're talking 5 1/2" crown, light molding, all plywood boxes, finished ends, lots of big drawer bases, a gorgeous hood cabinet. Plus with Medallion the Oyster is considered a "premium" finish and you automatically get soft-close, full-extension dovetail drawers. Will definitely post pics once cabinets are installed.

Comments (18)