SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
1nonlyj

Oompa Loompa ...

IdaClaire
14 years ago

{{gwi:1519336}}

Or, how to turn yourself orange in only two days ...

After swearing I was not going to mimic Lindsay Lohan and do this to myself, I have over the past couple of days found myself slathering self-tanning products over my body, in preparation for my upcoming beach vacation. I just couldn't quite stomach the look of my cellulitey legs in their natural, fish-belly white state, and reasoned that orange dimples are better than pasty dimples. Hey, at least "orange peel" will then be an appropriate term to apply to my flaws.

I've been using Jergens Natural Glow, and so far I think it's produced a pretty believable light tan color. Just on a whim, I also picked up a packet of those self-tanning towels yesterday, although I've never used them so don't quite know what to expect. My question is this - what the heck do you do to your feet? I mean, you have to do something with the self-tanner there, or you end up looking like this:

{{gwi:1519338}}

I managed to get some color onto my feet, but it just looks kinda ... weird. I don't know -- should I keep applying the product there in hopes of darkening it somewhat and spreading the color out a bit more?

I don't want to have a spray tan "professionally" done, nor do I want to use the Mystic Tan booth. I just want to add a touch of color to myself at home. Without ending up with the nickname "Ol' Freaky Feet."

Comments (27)