SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jenilyn_gw

I'm Clueless... Can you help?

jenilyn
17 years ago

I'm sorry I really have no idea what type of furnace we have or really anything about heating and air conditioning. I only know that our furnace is new, we just installed a new furnace/AC last spring. I am very frustrated with the situation that we have in our current home.

Its a Tri-Level. There were two additions added to the home by the previous owners, a bedroom and a small living area off the back of the house. They did not run duct work or heating to either of these rooms and the heating and air conditioning professional told us that he suspects that is where we are losing our heat/air. The previous owners had installed a small heater that is built into the wall in the bedroom.

The PROBLEM is we cannot heat the majority of the home to a comfortable temperature without roasting our kids in the upstairs bedrooms. We have two small electric heaters going at all times. That doesn't seem to help. We also have most of the vents closed upstairs.

I'm really trying to "Love The House I'm In" but this issue is making that very difficult.

Any Suggestions? Thanks so much.

Jen

Comments (7)