SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
neetsiepie

Just feeling sorry for myself

neetsiepie
11 years ago

On Thursday I had a feeling something was wrong with my right leg, so I called the Dr. office and got an appointment for the next day. That night I knew it couldn't wait, so I went to the ER where they confirmed my diagnosis of cellulitis. I'd had it before on my other leg, so I was pretty sure that's what it was. This time it's even more painful, however.

I've got lymphedema, so I'm at higher risk of developing sepsis and staph infections. I think this time it came from a scratch above my knee, but the cellulitis accumulates in the lower part of my leg where the lymph fluid collects.

So I'm on a 14 day regimine of antibiotics-have staved off IV antibiotics so far, but I feel like CARP. No enegry, painful, swollen legs and an itch that is driving me bonkers. I can't scratch it because it could lead to more infection. Gads. I've spent the last 4 days off my feet as much as possible, with my legs elevated higher than my heart as much as I could stand it.

So I just needed to whine a little. This too shall pass, and I know that there are other, more serious issues others are dealing with (and my thoughts go out to them!), its just that I'm SOOO frustrated with this lymphedema and associated infections it tends to compound.

Comments (20)