SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
joyfulguy

The Party has started! No, not political, in case you're worried

joyfulguy
15 years ago

Plans were for Kathryn and I to go out to dinner tonight, with a friend about whose pedigree I'd heard little.

About five, the "friend" had arrived, front door was open ...

... and ...

... up the walk strolled my diminutive niece Patti from Swan Hills, Alberta, near Edmonton ...

... followed by her sister, Mary, my niece from Georgia, whom I'd visited last July, with her husband, Doug ...

... with my brother Richard and Rita from Regina, who'd hosted my Mom's family reunion last July at their farm near Regina, Saskatchewan, at the end of the procession!!

What a delightful surprise!

We talked for a while, then went out for a delicious Chinese-style dinner (bringing about a quarter of it home with us, I think).

My fortune reads, "Sweet memories are the paradise of the mind".

Someone else's is, "Your faith carries you through difficult times".

I'd sent an email to brother, asking for sister's phone No. here, as I thought that if they are down here, I'd like to see them. I hadn't thought to quiz daughter as to their number - and she wasn't making any offers along that line.

As it is, they are here, the others of the family went on a safari together out east of the city today (almost to the Roosevelt Dam) and we are to do some things tomorrow, then go out to dinner.

Brother gave me a nice dark zip-up jacket.

So this has been a lovely evening.

As it's now 11:10 ... I've said "Good-bye" to 79, in the eastern time zone, where I live ...

... but have a few more minutes to enjoy it, where I'm staying ...

... sharing at least some of it with you folks.

Wish me good fortune through my 80s, whatever portion of them I may be privileged to experience and say a prayer that I may continue to enjoy good health ... and don't lose all of my marbles!

Many thanks for sharing your wisdom, friendship and affection during recent years.

ole joyful

Comments (47)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!