SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
neetsiepie

Sorta ethics question

neetsiepie
13 years ago

Quite a while back Id received wonderful advice about some pottery items that were basically abandoned with me. I decided to sell some of the pieces and did so successfully. I did some research and discovered some of the pieces were VERY pricey and collectible so I put them back. The pieces I did sell were pretty common.

Here's my newest dilemma. A couple who are starting a catering business wanted to purchase several items. I liked them and agreed to give them a very, very good deal. So they made a pile and we negotiated a price and I agreed to accept payments, similar to lay away.

They asked for a receipt, for insurance purposes they said, and I wrote one up and gave it to them. They'd told me a story about an insurance loss they had before and the receipt I gave them listed an approximate replacement value. It also listed the amount due to me. They left with a promise to stop by the next day with a minimum payment and they'd do weekly payments I was fine with that as I was keeping the items until PIF.

Now it's been over 2 weeks since they were over and I haven't heard word one from them. I didn't get their phone number and they're not listed. I'm wondering how long I should wait to honor this deal?

Before I met these people I'd promised my eldest DD that I'd split the sales profit with her if she sold it on Ebay. I offered these people an INCREDIBLE deal ( up to 90% off retail) and I know DD could easily sell them for much more. She really needs the $ (unemployed college student). Should I wait another couple of weeks? Or just give DD the

go ahead to list some things? What to do!?!

Comments (12)