SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ayerg73_gw

Kitchen cabinet brands and an ethics question...

ayerg73
12 years ago

Hoping to get some feedback on cabinet company reviews. My KP highly recommends Mouser cabinets - not surprising since they are made about a mile down the road and I believe a "Mouser" owns the company I'm working with...

I seem happy with the cabinets, (other than their high price) but I don't see many people on here mention this brand - other than a horror story or two.

The company the KP works for offers several lines of cabinetry, including Mid Continent and a few others who's names escape me at the moment.

My other conundrum lies in the fact that the KP has spent hours drawing up plans for us to provide us estimates. I have used one of her ideas, but changed her plans quite a bit from what she recommended.

I have one contractor that is assuring me he can have custom cabinets built for 20% less than the Mouser quote. I'm not sure how ethical that is now that she has drawn plans for me.

BUT...she has to draw plans to give me a quote - so am I obligated to buy from a particular kitchen planner just because I chose her to give me an estimate first? Or do I keep pricing out cabinets, knowing that I am using one of her ideas in our original plan?

I'm more than willing to pay for the time she has spent on my cabinets, although I know it doesn't even touch the commission she'd be making. I almost feel that I HAVE to buy from her now. Am I being too sensitive?

Comments (22)