SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lindac_gw

Why did I think it would be good?

lindac
13 years ago

I was at WalMart last week buying supplies for the church and walked by the meat counter.....and they had small, 3 1/2 to 4 pound, chickens on "use by or freeze by tomorrow" sale....so I bought 2. I know...I know.... I mean for $2.69 for a 3 1/2 pound chicken who bad could it be? Figured I would roast one, eat it that night and have chicken for salad, sandwiches of what ever for a couple of days.

So I shoved half an onion up the butt and half a lemon down the neck ( small chicken!) rubbed it with Cookies and popped it into the oven.

Well....I didn't even smell that good chickeny smell.....and when I ate some, It didn't taste like anything at all....maybe rattlesnake or one of those other things that they say tastes like chicken....who would know?

So I ate some....next day sliced a bit of the breast....salted it well, put it on a slice of bread with lots of mayo...tasted like a salty mayo sandwich.

So I have now pulled the rest of the meat off the bones, boiled up the bones with all sorts of good stuff and am making a highly flavored soup with onions, peppers, lots of sherry, jalapenos, some chili powder....5 cloves of garlic and some canned plum tomatoes.

So far the broth is wonderful.....haven't had a bite of the meat.

But....I still have one of those flavorless chickens in the freezer?

Any ideas?

Linda C

Comments (21)