SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lpinkmountain

Elimination diet recipe challenge

lpinkmountain
13 years ago

My doctor has put me on an elimination diet. Oh brother. I already don't eat many of the baddies like processed and fatty/spicy meats, sodas, preservatives, alcohol and chocolate, but now so many other things I like are off limits. At least for now. Here are the things I don't know how I'll live without:

-Acid foods, inlcuding even decaf coffee and tea and green tea

-Mustard

-Vinegar

-Sour Cream

-Peppers

-Tomatoes

-Onions (garlic seems to be OK)

-Citrus fruits

-Hard cheeses

-Soy

-Berries except for blueberries I can have

-Raisins

-peaches, nectarines, cherries

-Bananas

-Walnuts and pecans

-Yogurt

-Kidney, lima and black beans

-Grapes

-Pineapple

-Cloves, ginger, cilantro, cinnamon, cumin, nutmeg, tumeric (these seem a little extreme to me!)

-rye bread

-mayonaise

Anyone have any good recipes excluding all that stuff? I need some meat recipes as I'm going to be eating chicken, turkey and fish to make up for the lack of those beans and soy. I don't do red meat or pork. I can eat other legumes though, like white beans and blackeyed peas.

I'm also looking for some pasta and rice dishes since I eat those foods almost every day.

Wondering how to make guacamole and hummus without lemon, onion, cumin, tahini and peppers. I guess it's not possible, and I eat those two things a lot for snacks.

Salads are going to be a problem!

Frankly I have a feeling that most of these foods are going to come back into my diet, but I guess I have to "eliminate" them as possible triggers of my problems. I have to start with the most extremely bland diet to start and then gradually add things back in. Oh, and if anyone is wondering, it's for Interstitial Cystitis. Probably TMI!

Comments (17)