SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lori316_gw

Anybody here gluten Free?

lori316
12 years ago

It's been awhile since I've checked in. Basically because it's too depressing to see all this good food that I can't eat! LOL

I was recently diagnosed with celiac disease. The list of foods I CAN'T eat seems to be longer than the list of foods I CAN eat.

No flour (all purpose, barley, bleached, bread, brown, durum, enriched, gluten, oat, bran, wheat, white, rye, semolina, oats, vital gluten, malt (no beer!).

Basically, if it's fun, I can't have it ;)

HOWEVER, I can eat most fresh fruits and vegetables. Except of course, mango, kiwi, pineapple, and coconut, which I've always known I'm allergic to (well, since that ugly chapstick incident!! haha)

Most fresh meats are safe. As long as they're plain. I'm allergic to shellfish, so I don't eat any seafood, just to be sure.

Now, I don't mean to sound so dramatic (pout...whine...pout). There are gluten free pastas and breads out there. And once you put gluten free pepper on them, they taste a little bit less like cardboard.

In all seriousness, I'm cracking jokes, but the day I found out, a good friend was in surgery for a brain tumor (doing great now!), so all things in perspective...this is just a minor inconvenience :)

My goal is to make a good bread that I can dip in garlic-infused oil. That's the one thing I will miss most. I'm also looking for other general recipies. I did a search here and found a lasagna with squash instead of pasta. Good idea!

So....whatchya got for me?

ps...I miss you. Thank you all for the recent birthday wishes :)

Comments (39)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!