SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lynnalexandra

Looking for a good make ahead Easter Dish - coq au vin, cacciat

lynnalexandra
16 years ago

I'm looking for a good dish I can make for Easter. The other main dish will be lasagna (and I'll decide the sides later - although I like the idea of mashed potatos, roasted asparagus or wilted spinach). There will be 10 of us.

I want something that can be primarily made the day before that improves from letting the flavors meld overnight. I was thinking along the lines of coq au vin, chicken cacciatore, beef bourginion, caramel chicken (?). If there were something more contemporary, that would be great too (I guess I'm thinking something not too fatty, heavy - like I saw an updated version of beef bourginion in Fine Cooking that uses filet of beef). I'm not necessarily looking for a stew-like dish, but I'm too inexperienced to think of what else would do well being made the day before. Also, the oven is probably going to be at 350 to reheat the lasagna, so if I made anything that was prepped before but cooked just before serving it would have to be cookable at 350 (or close to that).

And I have a side question. I'd love to serve roasted vegetables of some sort, but they'd have to be made before the lasagna goes in. How bad would roasted veggies be if made earlier that day and nuked? Or just reheated in the oven?

Thanks.

Lynn.

Comments (8)

Sponsored
J.Holderby - Renovations
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Leading General Contractors - 2X Best of Houzz!