SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rascalmj

Replaced blower motor... now filters clog SO FAST

RascalMJ
11 years ago

I wanted to see if this was fairly normal or more of an indication of something I did wrong.

I have an older (12yrs) carrier .... Model # 58PAV090

I replaced the blower motor that was no longer functioning properly.

I discovered the problem early in December and replaced the motor on Dec 13th. Everything was working great and the house felt better and temp seemed to rise quicker and the air felt less stagnant (not that we noticed anything before)

The system shut down on the 26th and I removed the filter and the system worked right away again. After 2 weeks I dismissed it being a filter issue, but I put a new one in and the system still worked. I monitored it for a few days and everything was great.

Yesterday the system went down again, so I immediately replaced the filter to test, and once again the system started right back up and got up to temp quickly.

So, my question is.... is this just a matter of our old blower was so ineffective for such a long time before it's demise, that the new one is simply working properly and removing all the excess debri, and will eventually even out, or is it normal to replace the filter every 2 weeks (although I assume it is NOT normal to have to replace due to a FAULT)

I am using middle of the road filters (off the top of my head Merv 7ish). For the past 2 years prior to the motor being replaced I can't remember a time the system shut down and I changed the filter every month as best I could remember too.

Thanks for any info.

Comments (10)