SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gw_oakley

The looong remodel is almost finished!

Oakley
14 years ago

I have been yapping and yapping for six months now about our remodel, but haven't really had any pictures except for the new room. Still don't, lol, but it's almost finished!

What a way to live. It hasn't been all that bad because the new room is pretty darn big so it made it easier.

All the paint for the cabinets, beadboard and trim were finished today. Tomorrow they start on the ceilings and walls. The painting in the new room is done though.

Next up...FLOORS! Then we get our lives back!

The reason it took so long is because the cabinet guy and the painters are very good craftsmen, and we had to wait and wait until their other projects were finished before they began on ours. The new room has been finished since February! So it's taken FOUR months just to get the cabinets built and the rest of the house painted.

Except for the bedrooms, nothing looks the same anymore. The house is now L shaped when it was rectangular, and the front of the house faces a new direction.

Have any of you done such a major overhaul to your home?

Oh, to give you an idea of a Before and After...Before in my kitchen and teeny tiny utility room, I only had four drawers...FOUR. And they were tiny. Now I have 23! And they're all huge! I have so much space now I don't know what to do! But I love it! lol

Comments (6)