SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_10471126

Paperwork...may I please throw some of this OUT?

User
13 years ago

I'm in major pitch and clean out mode today.

Just got done tearing through my closet. Found two pairs of really nice shoes I totally forgot I had. Maybe I'll remember them for this winter!

I'd like to double check before I go throwing stuff out important paper stuff.

We don't do online banking. DH hates computers. We also don't do any automatic payments. We both like physically writing things out. That's not going to change.

I know to keep tax returns but

1. What about pay stubbs? I have every pay stuff I've ever received!

2. Credit card statements and other monthly bills?

3. Those fun papers you get from your insurance company that states "this is not a bill" and says what it paid for?

4. Bank statements? I still have the statements from before I met DH when I had a completely different account. Can I chuck those now?

5. What about school loan papers. Keep the last one with the payoff. I think I received a letter then saying it was paid. So long ago I don't remember but I still have all the papers.

6. What about 401K statements? What if your employer changed investment companies? Can I get rid of the statements from the old place?

We currently use those file folder boxes. One for each year. I haven't cleaned out or touched last years box in an attempt to condense.

Do you have filing cabinets with hanging folders? What do you do with your paperwork?

We do throw out receipts after we check them with the statement.

We're organized with the files but I just feel like we have so much CRAP that could be thrown out.

Comments (14)

Sponsored
Fine Designs & Interiors, Ltd.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Columbus Leading Interior Designer - Best of Houzz 2014-2022