The way we speak to those in grief needs to change..

JoAnn_Fla

I found this video posted on a widows board. It makes alot of sense. Lets be more aware of those in grief.

Here is a link that might be useful: speaking to others in grief

SaveComment2Like
Comments (2)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jannie

After my brother's death, I received plenty of sympathy cards. Many had this line "If I can do anything, let me know." Well, I could use a couple thousand for a nice vacation to somewhere warm (I'm in New York). Not to put down my dear friends, but there's nothing I can think of that anyone can do. Include me in your plans.

Save    
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
nan_nc

You're exactly right, jannie. Include me in your plans!

The friends I thought I had turned out to be HIS friends. Haven't heard from any of them in months. My brother and SIL have been having some family troubles of their own, but I don't hear from them either. Work friends are younger, and casual acquaintances are just that.

I don't really believe I'm alone, but it sure feels like it!

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Life 10 Ways to Cope With Grief During the Holidays
If you are experiencing loss, take it from an experienced griever — life has changed forever, but it does get better
Full Story
Life 10 Ways to Work Through Grief Triggers During the Holidays
A year after losing her sister, she was facing another holiday. Here’s how one woman learned to find joy again
Full Story
Decorating Guides 15 Ways to Make Your Home Speak Spanish
You won't need a translator to appreciate the beauty of Spanish-style ironwork, tile, architecture and more around the home
Full Story