SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
goldeneyedaisy

Is there any way to change the ceramic tile colour?

goldeneyedaisy
16 years ago

I posted my question on Decorating forum and was advised to post here... so here I come:

"We just moved into our brand new house couple of months ago. We love the house, but there are some things I would like to change. For example it has those very light, off white ceramic tiles in the foyer, hall, kitchen, 2 bathrooms and the dining room. The tiles are not our choice (the house was already finished)- kind of cold beige with little brown and greenish kind of blend. The grouts are the real problem here - I don't think they were sealed properly and every little drop or dirt is showing. Scrubbing doesn't really help ... even if it does - it's only for a short while (especially with my two "babies" - 4 & 7 yo). The "heavy traffic" areas are getting darker in between the tiles.... I need help, as I can't really clean the floors every day!!!!;-)

I was hoping that there is something out there (some kind of glaze etc.) that I could put on top of the tiles and the grouts to make the grouts darker. I would LOVE to change the colour of the tiles slightly as well, but I don't know if that's possible without replacing them (which is not an option, unfortunately).

Does anyone know if there is such a "miracle product"? ;-) Please, say there is something out there..... Thank you so much!"

I appreciate all your help...

Comments (3)