SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gw_oakley

gtky

Oakley
13 years ago

1. What are you wearing right now?

2. What have you eaten so far today?

3. What is today's high temperature where you live?

4. Have you eaten Watermelon yet this Summer?

5. What animal are you most like and why?

6. Now that you're grown up, what career would you like to have, even if you don't have the brains or money for it?

7. Who was your favorite celebrity as a child?

8. What is the kindest thing anyone has done for you?

9. What word describes you best?

1. If you were another person, would you be friends with you?

Comments (30)

• Oakley
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Dark green tee with light green shorts.

I drank an Instant Breakfast.

Around 90 but very humid. Feels like 200 out there. :)

We served it but I forgot to eat a slice!

Lion. A mother Lion. Because she's protective of her babies like I am.

6. Now that you're grown up, what career would you like to have, even if you don't have the brains or money for it?

A doctor.

Patty McCormick (sp) who was in The Bad Seed.

Years ago I was in the ER with one of my children who was in the room alone with the doctor. An old lady came up to me out of the blue and said, "You look like you need a hug", and she proceeded to hug me very tightly. I'll never forget that moment.

Funny

Yes, now that I'm older. I was too insecure growing up!

• golddust
    13 years ago

Dress, bib apron and sandals.

Do 2 latte's count?

Yes and it was a good one!

Maybe an elephant because I have a good memory, stable energy and it's hard to walk on me.

A trust fund baby.

Kurt Russell.

Gave me a much needed car. They were strangers.

Sound.

Yes!!!

• Related Discussions

New GTKY Kickstart

Q

Comments (52)
    1. GW member? Since 2007. I found this site while googling reviews of Dacor ovens. I had to switch my login name a few years back when I discovered that my neighbor lurked here and repeated my comments to other neighbors. I never said anything that I regretted but I found her actions a little creepy. 2. Coffee. With Skim Plus Fat Free half n half. 3. What color is your bedroom? Right now it's primed and awaiting our decision on color. 4. Coziest or most relaxing room? My family room with a gas Jotul stove. Good for cuddling, watching TV or reading. 5. Do you garden as well as decorate? I garden and pay someone to help me decorate. 6. Does your décor extend to your outdoor space? It's more like my indoor space is influenced by my outdoors. 7. Fresh or artificial? I grow orchids and there are more than 30 spread throughout the house. When they're blooming I bring them to a more prominent location. Even now after one of the coldest months we've had I have six blooming. 8. Where did/do you splurge in your home? And for yourself? We splurge by purchasing what we want. We research first and then buy - it might be the 2 Sub Zeros in the kitchen or a vintage rug in the foyer. But it could equally be something we found at the local Habitat for Humanity store or at an out of the way 'antique' furniture store that we stumbled upon while on a drive. We look for quality first and then value. For myself? I usually let DH handle those splurges but I did just buy a vintage Hermes scarf - it was a limited release and had a special meaning for me. 9. Lip gloss, lipstick or chapstick? Only chapstick if need. Favorite comfort food? Must I limit it to one? Oh well. Mac and Cheese. What’s for lunch/dinner/next meal? We're having homemade minestrone soup tonight and salad. We had to cancel dinner reservations due to the treacherous ice.
    ...See More

GTKY - Summer Edition

Q

Comments (92)
    1. What are you wearing from top to bottom right now? Please include color. Blue head to toe: - navy Polo shirt, LL Bean jeans, blue slippers. 2. What was the last thing you ate? Nabisco Honey graham crackers. 3. What do you want your epitaph to be? I'll be cremated so no headstone however I'd love an Irish wake complete with fiddles, pipes and bodhran. And of course I have my playlist ready - I just want to be here when it happens so that I can join in the fun. 4. In what situation or place would you feel the most out of place in? Speaking in front of an auditorium full of people. 5. What is something you will NEVER do again? Ride a roller coaster - I think I've finally aged out of them. 6. As you get older, what are you becoming more and more afraid of? Losing the physical ability to travel. 7. What can you not get right, no matter how many times you try? The list is endless: polishing my nails, heck I have trouble even growing them, public speaking, improving my penmanship, speaking a foreign language well....... 8. What small gesture from a stranger made a big impact on you? 35 years ago DH and I moved into our home and our next door neighbor came over with an entire meal for the 4 of us. We were exhausted. I was 8 months pregnant with my third and had spent the day trying to keep my 2 boys (ages 3 and 5) from occupied so that they didn't get in the way of the movers. I hadn't even met my neighbor but she said she remembered what it was like when she and her DH and 6 kids moved into their house. She was a lovely older woman and her thoughtfulness really touched me. It reminded me that I need to be aware of others who might need a helping hand. 9. Have you ever saved someone’s life? In a way - I insisted on taking someone to the hospital and they ended up having heart surgery. 10. What are you really good at, but kind of embarrassed that you are good at it? I'm organized - and I'm often teased about it.
    ...See More

It's time for a new GTKY!

Q

Comments (35)
    1. What are you wearing? Describe in detail, please. Suede ankle boots, dark wash boot cut jeans, blue with white stripes wool sweater, my only-wear-around-the-house silk scarf (it’s an odd color so I don’t wear it out and about but it feels so good and keeps my neck warm). I’ll put on a different scarf when I leave the house. 2. What was the last thing you ate? I’m drinking tea right now. The last thing I ate was a piece of pound cake last night. 3. What did you do today? Details, please. Read the newspaper the old-fashioned way, checked my email, started reading here. Later, i’ll go over to my Mum’s and do some more prep for her move. 4. What brought you here to GW/Houzz the first time? Our HHI renovation 5. What was the worst job you ever had? Babysitting. The best part was it crystallized by knowledge that I didn’t want kids. 6. What was the coolest (hip, groovy) job you ever had? I can’t think of anything that was cool about any job. It’s called work for a reason. 7. Have you ever been in a car accident and it was your fault? My BIL was driving and as we entered a curve, there was another car facing us. 😳 Thanks to his driving, we also spun out like they did, but we didn’t hit anything but the curb. All 4 of us had the presence of mind to jump out of the car and get off to the side of the road, because we all expected our car to get hit by the next car or, heaven forbid, a truck. A another car did spin out and hit ours. It wasn’t rainy or icy so IDK why the road was so slick. No one was hurt, but all 3 cars were damaged. The cop said it was the first accident scene he attended where every single person had been wearing a seat belt. I can still recall that slow-motion feeling when the car was spinning out of control. 8. Have you physically hurt yourself lately? If so, what did you do, you klutz? While cutting a pineapple, the fruit shifted (on the juicy, slick surface of the cutting board. Maybe there was a pineapple spill on the road above) and I cut my thumb just a little. 9. Has anything angered you lately? Just little personal things, not world happenings. No. 10. When people come to you for help, what do they usually want help with? Hmmmm...a ride? 11. What’s something you like to do the old-fashioned way? Read books, borrowed from the library, and newspapers, delivered to my home. Write letters. When I need something, I go to a store to buy it. I can only think of 4 times I’ve ordered from Amazon.
    ...See More

It's time for......GTKY!!!!!

Q

Comments (60)
    I enjoy reading everyone's answers! I'm not following what created the negativity. But I have insomnia this evening, so will share my answers for anyone who cares to read them. 1. What are you wearing from head to toe? Pajamas 2. What have you eaten today, so far? Protein shake and leftover soup. I spent most of the day working in the yard, so meals were secondary. 3. What was the most exciting thing you did this week? Made dinner and had wonderful conversations with my kids home from college. I love engaging with them and seeing how they're growing and changing. We discussed racism, the pandemic and other current events. I've turned the corner from teaching them, to learning from them. 4. What is your favorite non-alcoholic summer drink? Water 5. If you could add one room onto your house, what would it be? Nothing. My house is the perfect size. Every room has a purpose, and I don't have any need or desire for more. 6. What do you love about your home? The location is perfect for where I am in my life now. I'm in a walkable neighborhood that's active and vibrant. My home is manageable, with a small yard that I enjoy maintaining. It's enough to keep me busy, without stressing me. 7. What do you hate about your home? A small, 1-car garage. I'd like a 2-car garage, but it's not feasible. 8. How many light bulbs are in your living room? Including can lighting. 8? I think. 9. What design style do you love? Natural elements. Serene colors. Thoughtful rooms designed around purpose. Art that has meaning. 10. What design style do you absolutely hate? (Don't take this one personal!) Those that try too hard.
    ...See More
  • ttodd
    13 years ago

Brown tweedish style trousers w/ a cuff and a cream short sleeved tutleneck w/ a cream knit flower pin. Black wool and patent leather mary janes.

Coffee
    Bowl of Cinnamon Life cereal
    Nectarine
    Water
    Wawa roast beef sandwich w/ provolone
    A side of Wawa mac and cheese is staring me down as I check in patients right now!

They're calling for a high of 90 today

Not yet!!!!

An alley cat. I'm a tough old stand-offish loner that can be tamed and made to purr by just the right person.

Benji

DH putting up w/ me day in and day out w/ a smile on his face.

Persistant

Nah - I'd want to be friends w/ someone who didn't stare off into space and think about decorating.

• hhireno
    13 years ago

1. turquoise skirt, white tee with a little white beading, and sandals

2. cereal/yogurt/blueberries & tea for bkft
    Pasta with pesto for lunch
    grilling salmon for dinner - that is if I'm hungry again after my lunch.

3. Today is PERFECT - low humidity, brilliant blue sky, a few puffy white clouds, temp about 80. I think it will be one of the 10 best days of the year.

4. Oh yes! I love watermelon. My DH doesn't like it and I every time I eat it I say to him "I can't believe you don't like watermelon."

5. A sloth. I'm basically lazy but I don't hang upside down.

6. Successful author

7. Hmmm...I don't remember any one in particular

8. Last summer when my DH was sick, a friend would stop by in the evening after I returned from the hospital with a delicious salad for me. Every night it was a different one, all interesting things and wonderfully fresh.

9. Another hmmmm...what word describes me? Indecisive is the first thing that comes to mind. But maybe not.

1. I would definitely be friends with me
  • mitchdesj
    13 years ago

1. What are you wearing right now? golf outfit; lacoste black polo, tiny check
    b&White pants, black and white ballet flats.

cereal, toast, grilled cheese sandwich, half a date square, 2 twizzlers.

65 and windy, nippy for golf

year round I eat it, I equate it to drinking water, no calories

mama bear with a touch of poodle

interior designer

shirley temple

DD checks in with me a lot; she is very thoughtful.
    DH suggested joining a golf club close to town so I can golf more.

multifaceted

Not close friends, I am not super available for deep friendships but
      I am fun to be with in the right settings. I don't require much care.
  • ttodd
    13 years ago

Missed this one! If I'd have had the self confidence yrs ago I would be an Interior Designer although right now I'm dreaming and eyeing up an empty corner cafe that beckons to be a coffee/ book shop where I could indulge my creative side.

Total dreamer me wold have been a bluesy singer!

• neetsiepie
    13 years ago

I really enjoy these!

Jeans, coral colored T, turquoise beads, black birkenstocks, just about ready to get into my jammies.

Dried fruit & nuts, coffee, left over tortellini, an apple, water, sloppy joe with cheddar cheese, diet pepsi, 3 bites of DH's cantelope for dessert.

Low 70's and puffy white clouds

What is this summer of which you speak? In Oregon we're just barely getting summer temps! No watermelon yet, just getting cantalope in and finishing with strawberries.

Probably like a dog; I can be very loyal, but fierce and snappy if called for.

I would have loved to have been a hydrogeomorphologist or a geologist. If I could go back to my 20's I'd have studied a lot more science.

Natalie Wood. I had a big girl crush on her, and then she was married to Robert Wagner...Mr. Suave.

Wow...that's hard. So many kind things have been done for me, for which I am extremely greatful. Most recently was today, a friend gave me a punch embroidery kit for my birthday. I'd mentioned that I used to love doing latch hooking and I was thinking of taking up crewel work or latching again and she found this kit. I LOVE IT! I was so touched I almost cried!

Tolerant.

This is funny because I have a great friend who is JUST LIKE ME. I spent a couple days out of town with her and when I got home I told my DH that now I know what it's like to live with me! So, yeah, I would.
  • patty_cakes
    13 years ago

Jeans/light blue tee...barefooted!

1/2 blueberry muffin, chocolate chip cookie, banana, nectarine, taco salad(black beans/meat sauce/Spanish rice/lettuce/tomato/avacado/mexi-cheese/sour cream

rainy/low 80's

Yes, twice!

My Chinese astrological sign is the horse, and I think it fits. I walk fast, throw my head back when I laugh, and have been described as a free spirit.

A scientist. It would be of interest knowing if humans and other forms of life have a spirit~~I believe they do.

Doris Day

Most recently, a complete stranger offering to knit a hat for my Grand Daughter-to-be. We 'met' in the yarn department at Hobby Lobby, and she asked me what I was knitting. I said I didn't knit, but wish I did cause I would love to make something for my new GD. She said she knitted little hats 'just for fun' and offered to knit one and I could meet her in the same place the following week. I went back the next week and she had knit the cutest little pink/white checked hat, and wouldn't take a cent, so I bought her more yarn. Just another one of God's angels at work.

Imaginative!

Definitely!
  • redbazel
    13 years ago

It's 10:15 p.m. so wearing black pj capris and a black tee shirt.

In order of appearance:
    2 cups strong coffee
    Greek yogurt with fresh blueberries/muesli on top. Starbucks classic iced tea and oatmeal cookie. Hummus with veggies some turkey. Roasted chicken, couscous, and fresh steamed broccoli.

94 today. It's 81 outside right now at almost 10:30 p.m.

Yes. Just once so far.

I'm too tired to think this one through...

A magazine editor.

Kurt Russell. (someone else said this too...how funny!)

The list and largesse of kindnesses is staggering. But since we are going camping next week, it makes me think of getting ready to go camping with friends when our children were teens and the night before when my DH started to load our truck, the engine overheated and the truck died. We didn't know what to do. The kids were excited, our camping reservations were paid in advance. So I called our friend Paul and just told him what happened. I told DH that Paul would know what to do. About 15 minutes later, our friend Mark pulled up in his extended cab pick up. Paul had called him and told him to bring us his truck to use for the week, so Mark happily complied. We loaded it up and had our vacation.

Over-thinker

Most days, yes.

Red

(a dog maybe? I like to just enjoy curling up on the couch and I like to follow my people around looking at them and willing them to do things for me...)

• flyingflower
    13 years ago

Clearly I overeat compared to the rest of you! omg, I would be too embarassed date write down everyting I ate in one day. I'll have to wait till the morning to answer this survey just so I can say "all I've eaten today is a small bowl of cereal and a banana". ;-)

• Jamie
    13 years ago

Don't be concerned flyingflower. If they were telling the truth and that's what they ate every day they'd weigh 95 pounds - provided they didn't exercise.

Anyway, it IS morning, so here I go, vanity in tact.
    Ivory silk boxers, ancient Fiorucci tee with girl/cherubs in sunglasses.

See above. It's still before 8 AM and I've only been up for an hour. By the end of the day I will have eaten enough to not be skinny.

Hopefully we will stay stay below 75 for the third day in a row.

Repeatedly. I'm a member of a CSA and we may get some from there this summer, too.

Springbok in my dreams - I love to get airborne.

I would have liked to have started a recycling company 35 years ago and have been growing it all this time. Or, Decorator? Private Investigator? Dancing Queen?

The kindest things yesterday were that 2 old friends included me in their plans.

Unique - the same word that describes everybody best.

I'd try. My relationship with myself is hard enough from within my own skin.
  • User
    13 years ago

1. Jeans, flowy navy blue top, sandals.

2. Oat bran flakes and blueberries

3. It's still early. Should be sunny and around 89.

4. Last night was the first I ate watermelon in years and it was awesome. I ate too much of it as a kid and was meloned out for a long time.

5. A cat. I like cats. :)

6. Makeup artist

7. Doogie Howser and Jonathan Taylor Thomas

8. Kindest? My Grandparents did something really special once. That one thing meant more to me than they'll ever understand.

9. Compassionate

1. Maybe. I only keep a few close friends.
  • runninginplace
    13 years ago

Lands End polo, cotton shorts, flip flops

Glass of OJ, oatmeal, 2 cups of coffee w/frothed cream

92 and the weather where I live is straight out of Robin Williams' lines in Good Morning Vietnam: "Forecast for today: HOT! Forecast for tomorrow: HOT! Forecast for the weekend: HOT!"

No and won't. Don't care for it at all

Beaver because I keep at something until I get it done

Psychologist-started out with that as my college major until I came to the statistics part of the event, which promptly sank my plans

Mary Tyler Moore, or actually MTM as Mary Richards. I wanted to *be* her character and live in a cool place, on my own, with lots of quirky friends/colleagues and a neat job. Come to think of it, I have the second and third parts and instead of living on my own I even have a family. Guess I've achieved my dream and then some!

We were driving down the street in our neighborhood just after Hurricane Andrew and a guy stepped out from his front yard to offer us a full bag of ice. He'd gotten some from the Red Cross station and didn't need it all. Such a lovely gesture in the midst of unbelievable destruction and chaos. I'll never forget that fellow and how lovely it felt to have someone be so nice to strangers

Persistent (see question 5)

I think so, I tend to get along with people and I like to laugh and make others laugh

Ann

• judiegal6
    13 years ago

Jean capris and a multicolored top, flip flops
    Nothing
    80's
    Yes
    Coyote, love to eat and I don't sleep at night
    Neonatal nurse
    Bobby Sherman
    Cooked, served and cleaned up. I'm always doing it for everybody
    Sap

Yes
  • Bumblebeez SC Zone 7
    13 years ago

Garden clothes
    Too much to list...flying flower and I could be friends
    I should have posted this at 12:30 am "Oh, I've not eaten today"

nineties

No, I don't like it much to buy a whole melon

Dog..kind, devoted, very smart!, humble, and great at sleeping whenever

Hmmm, makeup artist would be fun. But I would like to be a
    wildly successful illustrator. I am only borderline moderately so.
    Interior designer always. Landscape designer too.

David Cassidy followed by Shaun.

Lately, a friend dropped everything to help me in an emotional crisis involving a drunken relative. She also washes all dishes everytime I have a party.

Complex

Maybe, I'm not always available to do things and my circle is small but deep.
  • flyingflower
    13 years ago

LOL Jamies! ;-) I like a lot of the answers I'm reading, pretty clever and some very funny!

1. What are you wearing right now? nightgown & bathrobe

2. What have you eaten so far today? ahem... banana & cereal with goat's milk. :D

3. What is today's high temperature where you live? 73

4. Have you eaten Watermelon yet this Summer? no

5. What animal are you most like and why? a cat because I'm a loner

6. Now that you're grown up, what career would you like to have, even if you don't have the brains or money for it? a singer (because I croak like a frog I've always wanted to be able to belt out a tune without lip synching)

7. Who was your favorite celebrity as a child? another vote for Bobby Sherman (Julie, Julie, Julie Do You Love Me? ahhh, swoooon!)

8. What is the kindest thing anyone has done for you? the sacrifices my mother made for us

9. What word describes you best? loyal, sometimes to my own detriment

1. If you were another person, would you be friends with you? yep
  • cooperbailey
    13 years ago

pink tee with green linen shirt, cream linen pants and flats.work you know. sigh I want my shorts and flipflops..

Veggie lasagna and caesar salad. don't ask what I ate yesterday!!

hehehe- 79!!!

not yet

5. What animal are you most like and why? cat. sometimes solitary sometimes not.

6. Now that you're grown up, what career would you like to have, even if you don't have the brains or money for it? world traveler

7. Who was your favorite celebrity as a child? Annie Oakley- yeah. I wore that hat everywhere- the guns and holster too!

8. What is the kindest thing anyone has done for you? friends figured out a schedule amongst themselves and surprised us with hot meals everyday for a week when I had BC surgery.

9. What word describes you best? smart aleck

sometimes.
  • golddust
    13 years ago

I'm butting in here again to say that I loved Shirley Temple and Annie Oakley. I wore my hair curled in rags and still have my cowboy boots and guns holster. Then there is my Hop-A-Long Cassidy collection. Don't know what happened to my cowboy hat. All I have left of it is a giant photo of me wearing it that hangs on the inside door of a closet. LOL!

Kurt Russell was my young teen celebrity love.

• excessfroufrou
    13 years ago

1. What are you wearing right now? Turquoise peasant style top, black slacks, silver sandels, turquoise jewelry, and black rhinestone reading glasses.

2. What have you eaten so far today? Pineapple yogurt, coffee, chicken and apple salad and diet coke, but the day is far from over, this is not typical fare for me, I'm trying to do better.

3. What is today's high temperature where you live? low 90's

4. Have you eaten Watermelon yet this Summer? DH brought me a very good yellow-meated one just this week.

5. What animal are you most like and why? A cat I guess, I'm a little bit of a loner, but have a pouncy side too. I've always said that I wanted to be a bear, so I could sleep all winter and spend the rest of my time trying to eat enough to store up winter fat. And no one would cross you about pretty much anything.

I used to always say I wanted Barbara Walters job, but now I would like to have a thriving antique/junk store/mall.

7. Who was your favorite celebrity as a child? Elizabeth Montgomery (Bewitched), then John Denver.

8. What is the kindest thing anyone has done for you? We had a horrific house fire once and my DH's boss let us live in his lake house (free) for 3 months while our home was being rebuilt.

9. What word describes you best? Other people say, creative, I think, loyal.

1. If you were another person, would you be friends with you? Maybe, maybe not I'd most likely think I was eccentric and be a little wary.
  • Jamie
    13 years ago

Golddust, Shirley Temple was the only celebrity I was aware of as a child (besides Little Lulu). I couldn't bring myself to type that, but now that you have paved the way.... I didn't like to watch adults and was in no hurry to become one -- they seemed to never have any fun. I, too, liked my cowboy outfit, and I'm still trying to move West so I can wear it again. There were 2 cowboy hats trying to come home with me from Target the other day. One had a feather and the other had turquoise and I had to slap my own hands to keep from getting them.

• texanjana
    13 years ago

These are so fun! The one day I eat fast food...

Tshirt and shorts

Coffee, yogurt, chick fila sandwich, diet coke, peach, plum

Rainy, 82, humid but very cool for July

Multiple times

Dog - I love unconditionally, am loyal, love to eat and sleep, love to be petted but have a nasty bark at times

Doctor

Donny Osmond

Loving me unconditionally and not judging me because of things my oldest son has done.

Grateful

Yes!

• work_in_progress_08
    13 years ago

Black t-shirt, greyish brown shorts, black sandals

breakfast frosted mini wheats - dry
    lunch - great sandwich in the city while shopping italian market - beef brisket, sharp provolone, roasted tomatoes, peppers & fried egg. (sounds gross but was awesome!)
    bowl of rainbow sherbet for dinner

high 70's - no humidity - ahhhh perfect!

yes

Lion - fiercely protective of family & friends and enjoy a good nap in the sun.

Successful professional chef.

I really don't remember having one. We didn't watch much tv as kids.

Too many to name THE kindest. One that really sticks out in my memory - DC&DCH baked and delivered dozens and doezens of Christmas cookies in cheery tins for our family the year DD was born. I didn't have the time as I was up to my ears in medical stuff, but they knew it was an annual ritual I'd practiced from the time I could sit at the kitchen counter. It was just so kind, I get teary thinking about it.

Brutally honest.

I have great friends, so I guess so. That's if I could get past my very dry and sometimes odd sense of humor.

• flowers_here
    13 years ago

Green t-shirt, shorts, flip flops

So far, I've eaten raisin bran with sliced bananas and skim milk, coffee with milk and vanilla syrup, and four french toast sticks. By the end of the day, I'd be able to write a novel on this topic.

Low 80's, I think - very comfortable with no humidity

Yes, but I really don't care for it.

Another cat here - I love to be with (other) people but on my own terms; sometimes I just want to be left alone.

Geneticist, travel writer, or landscape architect

Sally Field (Gidget)

When we moved six years ago, a new friend helped me prepare my house for sale by painting and cleaning; she even got down on her hands and knees and scrubbed my kitchen floor.

Over-thinker

I'm hard to get to know but if I got to know me, I think I'd like me.

• newdawn1895
    13 years ago

Black and white floral nightgown sleeveless and kinda cute.

A egg and sausage buisket (didn't mean to)

I think it was ninty, not as high as normal

A couple of times, I don't like watermelon all that much, too messy.

Sometimes a french poodle sometimes a Pit bull, self explanatory.

Hands down, famous interior decorator or movie critic that is paid very well.

Liz Taylor

I'd rather not say.

Dramatic

I would!
  • johnmari
    13 years ago

Black shorts, white t-shirt, black cardigan and black socks because DH has the AC turned too d@mn cold after working outside in the heat washing wood dust off the house after almost finishing the porch steps our handyman bungled last summer (just caulking, lattice on the sides, and last coat of paint left).

Nothing. I'm kind of in a not-eating phase again. Not trying to lose weight or go back into anorexic behaviors, just the thought of food varies between indifference (absolutely nothing appeals to me) and utter disgust.

Hot enough so that I won't be able to go outside for more than a few minutes (and will be like that for the next several days)... I can get heatstroke in less than half an hour if the temp hits 90 degrees even with gallons of ice water and shade, and can sunburn in a matter of minutes even with super-high SPF sunscreen. I hate July and August.

No good watermelons here yet (it'll probably be early to mid-August before they start showing up), and the spongy flavorless pink things they sell at the supermarket give me the trots (TMI!).

Possibly a bear. A bit slow, likes its den, tends to be quite grumpy if disturbed.

I won't grow up! LOL (Actually, being a sex educator for the disabled - and most definitely not just spinal cord injury patients - would be great fun.)

Can't remember. Honest. Wasn't into any kind of celebrity stuff until I started junior high and discovered New Wave/New Romantic music, and then I was mad for about 37 different people!

A total stranger in a jewelry shop gave me a heavy gold and garnet (antique mine-cut garnets) pentacle ring she had had made about a decade before. She said she simply knew it was time to pass it on to someone else and that I was to be its new owner. I wear it when I'm "priestess-ing". Someday I'll know when it's time for it to leave me and go on to someone else, and it'll tell me when I meet that person.

Unpredictable.

Likely not. I know I'm rather hard to handle, between being physically and mentally ill (have to cancel plans at last minute, limit my activities, leave visits/events early, etc., and can never tell when I'm going to swing from one point in the bipolar spectrum to another, or what will kick it off) and not one of those "inspirational" and "courageous" *barf* types who make the "temporarily able-bodied" *snicker* feel less uncomfortable.

• hhireno
    13 years ago

Full disclosure to Flyingflower & everyone else:
    The day I answered the survey I was just back from a big lunch and thought (ha!) that I would be still too full for dinner.
    To amend my previous answer:
    I also had grilled salmon, grilled asparagus, panzanella salad, lentil salad, a gin & tonic (it was perfect summer evening, just crying out for a G&T) and 6 cowboy cookies (Chocolate chip-like cookie with oatmeal, but I made myself 6 without the chocolate chunks that I used in the rest of them).

• Sueb20
    13 years ago

T-shirt from the Book Mill in Montague, MA (one of my favorite places!) and really grungy old sweatpants... sounds like an exciting Sat. night, doesn't it?

Coffee; granola and blueberries; yogurt; 3 crackers with peanut butter; lots of water; (and here comes the downhill slide) a big frosty margarita and chips & salsa while out shopping w/ a friend; and later, take-out Pad Thai and spring rolls.

I think it was close to 90.

Yes

Maybe a cat for some of the reasons already mentioned.

Jewelry designer.

Probably Donny Osmond.

My husband puts up with me. I can be a real PITA and he never even flinches!

This was sort of a 'game' at a dinner party once w/ close friends, and someone used "candid" to describe me, so I guess I'll go with that. I'm a no-BS type of gal. "Thoughtful" would be another, which is not to say I'm super thoughtful in that I'm always doing nice things for everyone, but that I think about stuff, sometimes too much. I'm an overthinker. A candid overthinker.

Yes! I'm a FUN candid overthinker!
  • Shannon01
    13 years ago

1- I am wearing a brown T with cream thin stripes, gray old navy shorts that used to be pajama bottoms but the knees got holes so I made them into shorts for summer. It is nighttime so I don't care that the color does not match. In the day I had brown shorts on and flipflops. Oh, no hair. You asked what I was wearing!

2- I ate spoonsize shredded wheat with milk, blueberries, mango gatorade, McD double cheeseburger/fries/orange drink (running errands with kids so we ate in car), glass of V8, Zatarans dirty rice with corn. Will have cottage cheese with canned peaches and some more blueberries for dessert.
    Oh, found two gummy bears left in a bag on the counter so I did consume them, couldn't let the kids get them.

3- Upper 80s, low 90s. It seemed hotter, even with my wig off my head was really hot inside the house.

4- Finally had watermellon this weekend, it was not super sweet but good enough. I could actually taste it so I think I will buy me some for after my next chemo. Should be good then.

5- So many cats here, hmmm. I am pretty hyper, could be an australian shephard or maybe one of those poodle dogs that jumps all around. But are still really cute that people want to play with.

6- In high school I planned to go to Monterey Institute for Foreign Language and be an interpreter. Got married instead. Always wanted to be an elementary teacher. Everyone says I should be a therapist.

7- I remember my sisters listening to that Bobby Sherman song, I can hear it now. But I adored Andy Gibb. Had a poster in my room above my bed, kissed him goodnight. Loved, loved, loved (and still do) Carol King and James Taylor. Was into Parker Stevenson when Hardy Boys was on.

8- Hm. When I was about 8 I visited my mom's friend with her. She had one of those puzzle jewelry boxes. A house that opened by sliding pieces around. She saw me admire it and just gave it to me. I still have it.

When I left my first husband, I was just 19 and only married 15 mo, I had to tell my mom. It was hard because she hated him. All she said was, "Do you need anything?"

Recently, when picking up my meds at the pharmacy, the young clerk looked at me and said she loved my hair. I wanted to cry because I have no hair, she was admiring my wig. Little did she know how kind her comment was.

9- Talkative. But when I am quiet everyone wants me to talk and they ask me if something is wrong. I am often times told I am the "glue" at work. I keep it going. I can be a little stubborn and don't like change too much but eventually come around. I like things to flow. My dh says I am cheap but has learned it is actually called being thrifty. He is finally learing to spend more wisely and repurpose things just as I am learing that there are times when you need to spend a lot to get the quality you need.

10- Probably. I like loyal, non flaky people so I probably would like myself.

• jaybird
    13 years ago

Navy suit and coral shell

1. What have you eaten so far today?
      sausage kolace

95 degrees - 80% humidity...feels like 100+ degrees

every week...I'll be glad to get my refrigerator back :^)

The old gray mare........she ain't what she useta' be.

architect/designer

Dr. Kildare

My kids are all grown up and still come to visit me regularly!

loyal

probably, I like laid back/easy going people.
  • lynninnewmexico
    13 years ago

This has been so interesting! I've just read every one of these posts. It *IS* good to know you all a little better :~)

~ just got back meeting my best friend in town for lunch. Black & white print capris, black sleeveless top, black sandals.

~ Breakfast: black coffee, 1 TJ's tofu Mintz's Blintz, yogurt, tofu sausage patty (and I'm not even close to being a vegetarian!); Lunch: slice of very yummy summer vegetable and turkey quiche; fresh fruit salad; mango iced tea

~ 83-degrees with approximsately 9% humidity (we're up at 6,000ft above sea level here). This is a welcome change from this past Sunday when we were on Lake Huron in Michigan and it was 95-degrees with about 95% humidity!

~ Yes, I love it! Had it a lot on our vacation. I even freeze chunks of it to make watermelon slushes.

~ A porpoise or dolphin, because I love swimming and anything that has to do with water: scuba diving, water skiing, snorkeling. Sad, eh, for someone now living in the mountains of New Mexico? And, like a dolphin, I'm usually friendly and outgoing . . . but sharks of all kinds need to watch out ;^D

~ a successful HGTV designer, like Candice Olsen

~ Roy Rogers. . . and how cool is this? This scrawny tomboy from the suburbs of Michigan actually ended up moving out West and marrying my own (semi-)cowboy!

~ a couple, who were like my second parents (my parents best friends who couldn't have kids of their own) left me and my siblings a sizable inheritance, with me as the executor of it, to fund an annual, week-long family reunion every summer (that we just got back from).

~ Creative

~ Yes, because I'm a lot like my best friend, who's very creative, kind, loyal, positive, and has a great, irreverent sense of humor and I really enjoy her company.
      Lynn