SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gw_oakley

It's time for......GTKY!!!!!

Oakley
2 years ago

It's be a while, so without furthur ado....

Please copy & paste the question with your answer.

1. What are you wearing from head to toe?

2. What have you eaten today, so far?

3. What was the most exciting thing you did this week?

4. What is your favorite non-alcoholic summer drink?

5. If you could add one room onto your house, what would it be?

6. What do you love about your home?

7. What do you hate about your home?

8. How many light bulbs are in your living room? Including can lighting.

9. What design style do you love?

10. What design style do you absolutely hate? (Don't take this one personal!)

Comments (60)

• Arapaho-Rd
    2 years ago

Yardwork attire.

Coffee. Multigrain toast with egg. OJ. Celery sticks. Tuna salad.

Have an ultrasound.

Fresh lemonade or sweet tea.

A 3 season room.

Small cottage with living area on one floor.

Garage under part of house.

A whopping 4.

Any that feels warm and homey.

Any that feels cold and barren.

• jojoco
    2 years ago

1.What are you wearing from head to toe

capri-length fringed jeans, black t shirt, wet hair (Just got back from work,… Long day)

toast and an egg, a granola bar and a pear

saw baby birds

seltzer and a splash of juice

a greenhouse

Almost everything

cleaning it.

33. In my defense, it’s a large room that has two sides to it.

Formal, layered, but still completely inviting. Love quality furnishings with history.

open concept and most Magnolia Chic (sorry to those who love it—I just think it is completely over done at this point.)

• Related Discussions

it's time to cook the vegetables, it's time to cook the vegetable

Q

Comments (4)
    I don't eat the donuts either... but sure do remember the commercial. It's been years, since I had a donut... but I do the local donut ride often, where we ride to the donut shop, and then depending on the mood, a different route back. A very small group rides straight back, which is the shortest route. Moni
    ...See More

It's time for a new shed! Paint time, whats your vote?

Q

Comments (31)
    OMG that's what we got too! I'm really glad to hear that you had a good experience. I was a little worried going through Home Depot, but they were offering such a great deal, it was just too hard to pass up. Tuff Shed has a local warehouse center located by one of my clients, so I did some hard comparisons between the warehouse's retail product and the one they offer through Home Depot. The warehouse told me that the Tuff Sheds sold at Home Depot are made of the exact same materials and by the same crew as the regular warehouse sheds. The warehouse sheds come with some slight differences like added radiant protection from the sun but other than that, the only real difference is that Home Depot didn't want to offer the stronger warranties that they offer on theirs, but the difference in price was almost double. Yep, thats the barn we looked at, only in the 10x12. We really loved how open it was, it literally felt larger than the ranch style in the same size. In order to get an open feel in the ranch we opted for the 12/6 pitched roof and then we got the upgraded eaves so it would match the house. At first we were going to get the loft, but I saw a ranch style online with one built in and half of it wasn't really functional because of the roof. After that, we decided to change it to two 16" shelves along the back wall instead. So I see you got several windows! I love that! it looks so nice! My husband didn't want any windows but I couldn't resist having at least one. I really wanted to add transom windows to the doors, but we were already over budget. The ramp is what really killed us, but we had to have it for the riding mower. So did you paint or did they? And where is your metal foundation? I just know we will end up having to add some of the pavers under ours, the ground isn't too wonky, but it's still is off a tad. I figure we can build up the landscape around it afterwards. The guy told us to put pea gravel and limestone under it and critters will avoid it like the plague so we're doing that this weekend. Wow, you sure have a nice spot, very pretty, your house looks so majestic sitting there. I think we would have set ours back on our lot some too if we weren't storing yard and snow stuff in it. Way in the back by the property line we have another old shed, but its in terrible shape and wasn't worth restoring. It's mini barn we plan on tearing down this summer. I'm so tickled you had pictures! And thanks so much for posting them! That sounds like so much fun with the boats. When we lived in Louisiana, we lived on the river and boated all the time. Our neighbor even had a cool houseboat. Michigan is the state of lakes, they are everywhere so boating is a popular pass time for a lot of folks here.
    ...See More

It’s finally backsplash time!

Q

Comments (1097)
    Flo, that's the Nabi Jewel. I have a sample of it. Pink, I also have a sample of the blue macaubas and white marble in the basketweave. (Esplanade Winter Lake? ) diff color, but this is how the layout looks it's gorgeous. I have a sample in the black and white option, and the Linen one,,far left. you can see the Nabi Jewel 2nd from right they only give you two little bars for a sample. Order one full sheet if you really want to see how the tile will look. that's what I did w/their black/white , Cindersmoke, or the Black Beauty. the other blue/white is pretty. But they are both expensive, sign up for their trade program. you get a nice discount. they have this design too. this is no cheap date tho. that's why I mentioned the trade discount Nabi Argyle. comes in diff colors do you like this kind of tile layout pink, have you also looked at encore ceramics? they have some beautiful blue glazes, all sorts of shapes/sizes, and you can blend colors. look at Rain in the chevron. man it's pretty or imagine this, but in these diff blue crackles, or mixed w/the marble. they can do 3 or 4 colors Lapis and Azul wave ignore the shape, but look at the color blends. so pretty peacock and light azul in the flame wave or these color blends. (they literally have 100 diff shapes and sizes) larger chevron in Ocean gradient blend
    ...See More

......and it’s backsplash time!

Q

Comments (21)
    Bbstx, I knew you meant the grout. I have never had that problem with my other kitchen that is tiled behind the stove. That one is going on ten years. Toby, yes, I stated looking online but I haven’t come up with anything useful. I think I will go with silver grout. Fun2, I might do that.
    ...See More
  • bpath
    2 years ago

Oakley, yes, Effervé sparkling French lemonade. Not too sweet, just a bit of sparkle. There are different kinds, there’s also a strawberry or something, and a cloudy, but I like the clear. It’s available seasonally at only one store near me. It‘s annoying when it’s gone by mid-August when it’s still summer, but it does make it more of a treat.

I‘m terrible at identifying decorating styles, so I fell back on Traditional with color. But everything everyone is saying is their favorite, makes me say “oh, I love that, too!”

• gsciencechick
    2 years ago

Still dressed from workout this morning: capri leggings, quarter zip longsleeve, sneakers

Eggs for breakfast and for lunch. Went to put eggs away after curbside pickup and some cracked in the bag because the carton wasn't well sealed, so DH scrambled them. Maybe not the best for my cholesterol. Snacks: apple, 6 mini pretzels, Ghiardelli caramel square

Got my second vaccine and celebrated with amazing sushi

Pellegrino with lime

Sunroom, 3 seasons room

Single floor plan, good neighborhood, close to public transit & greenway, walkable

A little small at times, wish bathrooms and closets were larger, need a sunroom, wish we had walkout basement

2 in lamps on end tables, 4 in ceiling fan so 6 total

MCM, Victorian, Tudor, Craftsman

Split levels, HOA's where custom facades are required to have a mix of materials

• maddielee
    2 years ago

Lake cabin version...

Croc flip flops (comfortable, who knew?) Capri length stretchy pants because we are having a cool day, white Tee shirt, underwear)

Fiber Cereal with strawberries and milk, Chicken salad sandwich on really good bread, maybe a glass of wine?

I went to the grocery store and didn’t slap anyone

water

storage area

it’s tiny, and has wonderful views

it’s tiny, but I don’t hate it for being so

Two

Efficient and cozy

I don’t hate any, but have a problem with those too ‘on trend‘.

FollowEmailSaveComment13

• bpath
    2 years ago

Maddie, you are the first to mention wearing a certain item. Now I’m wondering about the rest of us! LOL!

• rubyclaire
    2 years ago

@jojoco Are you still working at Longwood Gardens? My niece got engaged there today!

Sorry for the slight off-topic.

ps - I'm wearing a golf skirt, long-sleeved Lululemon breeze top, baseball cap and tennis shoes. And underwear and sports bra ;

• jojoco
    2 years ago

Rubyclaire, whaaat??? I worked today!!! Where was the proposal? I was in the west gardens all day! Congratulations!!!

• rubyclaire
    2 years ago

@jojoco Too funny! I don't know exact location of proposal - I heard wisteria and love temple maybe. I'll let you know if I find out. Thanks!

• jojoco
    2 years ago

*sigh*. I miss all the romantic moments.

• maddielee
    2 years ago

💕

• Oakley
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Local, as adults I think the word "hate" is fine to use in the context I used above. I'd say the same about liver. I hate it with a passion. I triple hate it.

OTOH, I never allowed my children or my grandkids to say "hate" in any context so they will understand not to get in the habit of using it.

I hate no one, but there are a lot of things I hate.

So forgive me, I think you're taking this to the extreme.

• pudgeder
    2 years ago

Navy blue shirt with faded stars, capris & house shoes.

Had a bowl of cereal for breakfast w/the grandson, and for a late lunch Hubs, GS & I went to a Mexican food restaurant. AND we ate INSIDE!

I went to the garden center and found some hostas that I've not heard of. (Not that I've heard of that many) but they were different from the usual stock they have. And I picked up a couple flats of bedding plants. I've put about 1/2 in the ground. Just need to finish.

Same as my favorite winter, Ice tea.

A guest bedroom, larger than the 2 "guest" bedrooms we have. They're barely large enough for a full size bed!

It's home. We have space enough to hold 15 -20 people for a meal. LOVE that!!

The guest bedrooms are so small.

Okay... I admit, I had to go count. 10 -- 6 of them can lights

Simple, comfy country antiquey... I don't think there's a name.

I'm not fond of mid-century modern.

• bpath
    2 years ago

Just like "love", there are a lot of ways to think about "hate". I love a lot of styles, but what would I want to live with?

• Funkyart
    2 years ago

Oversized tie-dye v-neck tshirt, ugg slippers (it's close to bedtime).

lunch: apple, white cheddar cheezits dinner: steak salad w/amazing tomatoes

Nothing exciting-- work was a beast this week.

iced tea-- home brewed (early day) Hint water (late afternoon/evening)

I don't think I'd add a room at this point-- but I would expand the master br and bath.

It's cozy and a good size for me.

I don't hate anything but the kitchen really needs a gut/remodel and the closets are small.

8. How many light bulbs are in your living room? Including can lighting. 4

Many-- but they do not all work in every house

I think most styles work in the right setting-- I can't say I "hate" any style, but i don't care for a room overloaded with "stuff".

• localeater
    2 years ago
    last modified: 2 years ago

Oakley, I deleted my post, so sorry you considered me as having 'been extreme'

• Sueb20
    2 years ago

1. Pajamas!

2. Seedy cracker with pb, a salad, and a meatball panini

3. Welcomed DD home from college. She had only been home for one day since Jan. Now she’s home til Sept. AND she got her 2nd vax yesterday, woohoo!

4. Iced berry herbal tea

5. screen porch

6. architectural details; house was built in 1900

7. lack of good closet space

8. 3

9. I like a lot of styles, but bungalow/arts & crafts is my favorite

10. cold, sterile design

• Funkyart
    2 years ago

FWIW.. Local, i thought your post was fine.. hardly extreme... not even slightly off putting. Oakley, I think you misread and/or you're being way overly sensitive.

• User
    2 years ago

Bermuda shorts in navy blue, white cotton knit tee with 3/4 sleeves, blue and white striped deck shoes, gold earrings and a diamond necklace (we went out to dinner and I threw on the necklace to dress up the shorts 🙄) tortoiseshell reading glasses at the tip of my nose 🤓

My homemade potato salad, a Ritz cracker, a filet, a glass of Pinot Grigio

Took my mother on the golf course path in our golf cart

Peach tea

A dedicated golf cart garage

The screened porch I am sitting on now, listening to music and enjoying looking out at the golf course in the twilight. It’s also got two of my favorite people living in it.

Nothing

17 or 18

Any style that is beautifully executed

Any style that is poorly executed or muddled

• Bumblebeez SC Zone 7
    2 years ago

I hope some of you are editing what you eat because some of you sure don't eat much!

• Tina Marie
    2 years ago

@User Im so glad to hear your mom felt like a ride ❤️

• maddielee
    2 years ago

Oak, I almost gave my “hate is a strong word” sermon. Local really didn’t say anything that deserved to called out on,

Now “a ritz cracker’ I do question. 😊

• User
    2 years ago

Lol, Maddielee! I ate one and just didn’t want another.

Tina, thank you, I was thrilled !

• Bestyears
    2 years ago

1. What are you wearing from head to toe? A white gauze top that ties on the left hip, purchased from TJ Maxx a few weeks ago and a skirt, purchased on recommendation from here, which I love.

2. What have you eaten today, so far? hardboiled eggs, a salad, a glass of wine, some chips and dip.

3. What was the most exciting thing you did this week? hmmm... reconnected with an old friend.

4. What is your favorite non-alcoholic summer drink? ICE drinks.

5. If you could add one room onto your house, what would it be? Nope -only interesting in taking rooms away at this point

6. What do you love about your home? It's located just a few houses down from my best friend's house.

7. What do you hate about your home? ugh, lately everything. Mismatched floors, older furniture.

8. How many light bulbs are in your living room? Including can lighting. Five

9. What design style do you love? Bungalow/Transitional/Cottage

10. What design style do you absolutely hate? (Don't take this one personal!) MCM

• mojomom
    2 years ago

1. What are you wearing from head to toe? Fleece top and black leggings right now. Earlier today I had on black shorts and a blue Patagonia silky long sleeved tee with Chaco sandals.

2. What have you eaten today, so far? I only ate once today, but it was a big dinner — ribs, baked potato, baked beans and corn. Oh, and an Orange Julius cocktail!

3. What was the most exciting thing you did this week? Nothing particularly exciting. I did start working out with a personal trainer. Also mucked out corrals volunteering at a horse rescue. The mucking wasn’t exciting, but the friendly horses following me around (and getting in my way) were fun. Especially a 3 week old little filly.

4. What is your favorite non-alcoholic summer drink? I’ll go with the sonic lovers — either a Cherry Limeade or Sonic Vanilla Coke. Alas, we don’t have a Sonic in town so it’s an infrequent treat,

5. If you could add one room onto your house, what would it be? I really can’t think of any room I would want to add.

6. What do you love about your home? We built our dream home three and a half years ago and I honestly love everything about it - the location, neighborhood, floor plan, views — but most of all having DD, DSIL, and DGS next door.

7. What do you hate about your home? It’s not self cleaning.

8. How many light bulbs are in your living room? Including can lighting. It’s an open floor plan, but 8 bulbs just in the living area — 4 cans, 1 ceiling fan, 1 art light, 2 lamps + up light rope lighting on top of the beams. including the the dining add 4 more cans and 10 chandelier bulbs.

9. What design style do you love? I can’t pick just one. I think I lean a bit eclectic. I can appreciate many design styles as long as they are well done.

Not really a design style, but I’m not a fan of anything too fussy or formal to the extent that it’s not comfortable.

• Oakley
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Local, you didn't have to delete it. Maybe I shouldn't have said extreme. When you twice mentioned "hate" not being a word you approve of (I forget your actual words) that's why I thought it was extreme. I'm sorry. :(

Seriously, isn't there anything on Earth you hate? Spiders? Snakes? Oogie boogies? That's my word for weird things that move and look like they can kill,. lol

Funky, I am definitely a "Highly Sensitive Person" which is a real thing. Only because I hate...I mean loathe to be lectured on the most inane things. No need to bring it up in the first place, because it was a type of scolding.

• jakabedy
    2 years ago

1. What are you wearing from head to toe? Nightgown, undies and a Fitbit. (It was a busy day and I didn’t get to check Houzz until I got in bed)

2. What have you eaten today, so far? Today was a planned big lunch, with little else: Baby back ribs, calabacitas, salad. And a 100 calorie bag of popcorn tonight.

3. What was the most exciting thing you did this week? Sold some dresses I had listed on Facebook Marketplace to a man who was buying them for himself.

4. What is your favorite non-alcoholic summer drink? Unsweetened iced tea.

5. If you could add one room onto your house, what would it be? Music room, where a drum kit could stay set up and not be crammed in a small room or in the way.

6. What do you love about your home? Its Usonian styling - very simple, with lots of wood and built-ins.

7. What do you hate about your home? My ca. 1954 28” x 28” shower.

8. How many light bulbs are in your living room? It’s a combo LR/DR: 8 track lights on the ceiling, 6 fluorescent bulbs built into window cornices, one bulb in the Nelson bubble lamp over the DR table, and one in a floor lamp in the LR.

9. What design style do you love? Can’t pick just one: Mid Century Modern and Arts & Crafts.

10. What design style do you absolutely hate? (Don't take this one personal!) Victorian, or anything with too much embellishment/bling.

• roarah
    2 years ago

Embroidered flare jeans, linen poncho top and black kick on sneakers.

coffee with cream, it’s still early.,

got my middle schooler vaccinated.

Frozen fresh lemonade

A glass conservatory

my neighbors

my daughter’s bathroom vanity

5 all in lamps

Tudor and English cottage

I am tired of neutral and modern farm house.

• czarinalex
    2 years ago

I'm back in Pennsylvania for the summer...

My old raggy around the house Gap zipped sweatshirt, sage green t-shirt from Target, yoga pants and my old yellow Merrell flip flops.

It's only 8am, so just coffee. I don't eat breakfast anymore.

My DD is visiting this weekend. Haven't seen her since Thanksgiving, so hugging was very exciting for me(her too, I think!)

Iced water with fresh lemon squeezed in.

A screened in sun porch.

Our deck overlooking the lake. It's high up surrounded by trees, so it's cool in the summertime. We have 4 different birdfeeders and the birds feel safe flitting in and out of the trees to eat. I love reading there listening to the birdsong.

I don't like the surrounding county we are in.

29!!!

I like lots of different styles. MCM furniture and architecture always catches my eye. Coastal Santa Barbara.

Frilly, chintz. Dark wood paneling(actually, I just really dislike paneling of any color). I like wood ceilings, not walls. Mirrored walls. Everything white.

Email SaveComment36Like

• OllieJane
    2 years ago

I was reading through and getting ready to actually participate in the GTKY this time, and saw the comments about using the word hate, so I am having second thoughts now. Might say the wrong word.

But, I just have to say, Oakley, they scold you quite often. I didn't see the comment local wrote, but if she said what you said she did, it is extreme to call someone out, by mentioning it twice, on you using the word hate, especially on hating a "thing". You had nothing to apologize about. Trust yourself sometimes and don't let them get into your head. They are actually more sensitive (a word they have labeled you) than you are, if that really did actually offend them.

• teeda
    2 years ago

Stretchy denim pull on slacks, denim shirt, crocs.

Big bowl of shredded wheat with strawberries.

Found a mid century CatherineHolm enamel lotus bowl for $2 at a thrift store. I initially passed it up because I didn't think it was authentic because it was in such good condition, but changed my mind and went back for it. I love it!

Fresh squeezed lemonade.

Sun room/three season room. Actually have plans to do so.

The location. Every morning I wake up, step out my front doors and give thanks to living in such a beautiful area.

The laundry room. It's in a convenient location but long and narrow. We are planning to redo it, but it keeps moving to the bottom of the list!

Basically traditional that leans casual/country. I love English country, French country, Swedish country, etc. But I also like some some modern accents tossed in.

While I'm pretty committed to what I stated in #9 in my home, I'm pretty open to anything in someone else's home. Except Brutalism. I cannot find anything to like about Brutalism! (even the name!)

• Funkyart
    2 years ago

Ollie.. not sure how you can weigh in on something you did not see. Maybe give Local the same respect you give Oakley. Local did NOT scold anyone. She merely said that she doesn't use the word Hate. No one was rude and it was hardly "extreme". .

Frankly, this is the kind of interactions that have kept me away from GW. There's enough ugliness in the world. GW used to be a respite but I can't take the negativity and complaining anymore. I'll go back to my own world.

• OllieJane
    2 years ago

Funky, why did local say anything at all about using the word hate? That was being negative and a little ugly towards Oakley. How you don't see that is being very one-sided...against Oakley.

• Zalco/bring back Sophie!
    2 years ago

Funky, I didn't see the original interaction, but I would be loath to lose your participation here because some people are dramatic. I love hearing from you.

• IdaClaire
    2 years ago

I agree with the comments by Funky above. This place can become so absurdly petulant in the freakin blink of an eye. It's ridiculous.

• Sueb20
    2 years ago

Please don’t leave, Funky.

I’m not sure why certain threads end up looking like catty middle school chatter. Can’t we all just get along?

• maddielee
    2 years ago

If my saying something about not posting a sermon on the word ‘hate’ caused any of this strife I apologize.

I can express dislike of the use of a word, without any malice towards the person who wrote/posted same word.

(I may have once hated spiders and snakes, then I learned of their place in the ecosystem. The hate is gone.)

• localeater
    2 years ago

Funky please don’t leave.

Its a GTKY so I shared an opinion, it offended, I was too lazy to edit post so I deleted. No harm, no foul.

• LynnNM
    2 years ago

Oakley is a wonderful, kind-hearted, good person and a genuine friend here on this great place. Every once in a while she creates a fun GTKY thread for us all. PLEASE let’s leave it at that and enjoy it for what it was created for! Thank you Oakley for creating these fun threads for us! You are appreciated and well-liked here.

OK, let‘s drop all the negativity and have fun!

* If someone can erase all other comments-including this one of mine - please do!

• rubyclaire
    2 years ago

I was popping back in to update @jojoco about my niece's proposal (yes, the Love Temple) and see that things have gone a little south. Having seen all the posts in question, it is my humble opinion that no one was scolded and no one needs a defense team or cheerleading squad.

From my limited experience with this wonderful forum, this is a group of individuals who can hold their own with their diverse thoughts and opinions and I, for one, actually appreciate that mature approach.

ps.

A poolhouse. And a pool.

• jojoco
    2 years ago

Thanks, Ruby for the update. Next time I work a Saturday, I'm going to make darn sure I head over to the Love Temple once or twice to maybe catch a proposal

For those who have never seen it, despite its cheesy name, the Love temple is a beautiful and serene spot.

• Ded tired
    2 years ago

Staying out of skirmishes.

Black pony tail holder, black glasses, gold hoop earrings, denim shirt with coffee stain, black leggings, a bandage on my back ( stitches come out on Tuesday) , battered old Propet slide shoes and underwear!

2. What have you eaten today, so far? Coffee, cereal, blueberries, sandwich, popsicle, lemonade

3. What was the most exciting thing you did this week? Bought flowers for the garden

4. What is your favorite non-alcoholic summer drink? Iced tea with lemon

5. If you could add one room onto your house, what would it be? Another full bathroom

6. What do you love about your home? Screened porch

7. What do you hate about your home? Neighbors are too close.

8. How many light bulbs are in your living room? Including can lighting. Eight

9. What design style do you love? Hmm, can’t pick.

10. What design style do you absolutely hate? (Don't take this one personal!) anything rustic, country, open concept, early American. Uncomfortably modern.

• ninasmom
    2 years ago

I tried to answer earlier, but was a no-go on my phone. One last attempt.

1. Jeans, peach ss top, and undergarments:)

2. Tea, toast, Buffalo cauliflower, pesto tortellini

3. Accepted a new job offer!

4. Powerade zero

5. Mud room!

6. Trees on 3 sides

7. Decrepit porch with carpenter bees!

8. Only 3

9. Making the most of what you have

10. Not a fan of paneled walls, dated decor, MCM.

• just_terrilynn
    2 years ago
    1. Silver pendant neckless, black top, silver bangle bracelet, white jeans, sparkly flip flops.
    2. Half a sub with a little carrot salad and shoktopus for dinner.

3. Sell the house.

4. Water, not a fav but one needs water.

5. An exercise room

6. I didn’t love it until it was for sale and everyone else seemed to.

7. See above

8. Three-ish

9. Eclectic mixy

10. Don’t like poofy pufnstuf stuff

• OutsidePlaying
    2 years ago

1. What are you wearing from head to toe? White ankle jeans and a pink print sleeveless top, sandals

2. What have you eaten today, so far? fresh picked local strawberries from a farm near us with granola, then a family dinner (my Aunt's 95th surprise birthday party) where we ate bbq, homemade sides and birthday cake

3. What was the most exciting thing you did this week? Participated in a planning workshop with the Garden Board I am on.

4. What is your favorite non-alcoholic summer drink? Ice water with lemon

5. If you could add one room onto your house, what would it be? An extra garage for our extra car or an exercise room

6. What do you love about your home? Location, the quiet and the back porch

7. What do you hate about your home? Nothing really

8. How many light bulbs are in your living room? Including can lighting. 8

9. What design style do you love? Craftsman or anything comfortably eclectic

10. What design style do you absolutely hate? (Don't take this one personal!) Anything frilly, frou-frou, or 70's country

• maire_cate
    2 years ago

Dedtired - Stitches? Are you all right? I hope everything's is OK.

1. Lands' End jeans, t shirt, fleece vest, LL Bean suede mocassins

2. Breakfast - yogurt with berries

Dinner - after yard work all day we just had a salad and pancakes

1. Watched my 2 year old grand daughter who was not happy to wake up from her nap and see me

2. Ice tea - my favorite beverage all year

3. Maybe a screened porch

4. I love the floor plan- one floor living, with a third bedroom, bath and loft upstairs

5. I wish I had more sun in the rear yard for a larger vegetable garden

6. Eleven: (6 canned lights, 2 art lights over paintings, 3 lamps)

7. An eclectic mix rather than one particular style

8. Any style that is cluttered

• Feathers11
    2 years ago

I enjoy reading everyone's answers! I'm not following what created the negativity. But I have insomnia this evening, so will share my answers for anyone who cares to read them.

Pajamas

Protein shake and leftover soup. I spent most of the day working in the yard, so meals were secondary.

Made dinner and had wonderful conversations with my kids home from college. I love engaging with them and seeing how they're growing and changing. We discussed racism, the pandemic and other current events. I've turned the corner from teaching them, to learning from them.

Water

Nothing. My house is the perfect size. Every room has a purpose, and I don't have any need or desire for more.

The location is perfect for where I am in my life now. I'm in a walkable neighborhood that's active and vibrant. My home is manageable, with a small yard that I enjoy maintaining. It's enough to keep me busy, without stressing me.

A small, 1-car garage. I'd like a 2-car garage, but it's not feasible.

8? I think.

Natural elements. Serene colors. Thoughtful rooms designed around purpose. Art that has meaning.

Those that try too hard.

• salonva
    2 years ago

Terilyn----What is Shoktopus? ( I even googled and I am still sitting here scratching my head).

• texanjana
    2 years ago

A patterned top, shorts, flip flops

Oatmeal with walnuts and blueberries, coffee, water

We drove to a town in the hill country and looked at three houses with an agent.

Topo Chico with a squeeze of lime

We really don't need any more rooms.

The floor plan, the kitchen, the master bathroom, the gorgeous live oaks, the neighborhood and our neighbors.

I wish it was on a bigger lot.

Seven

Traditional, TX Hill Country, Rustic Mountain

I personally don't care for MCM, but I can appreciate it for what it is.

• Ded tired
    2 years ago

( maire cate, the dermatologist got after me. Three little stitches)