SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_16647

It's time for a new shed! Paint time, whats your vote?

User
9 years ago
last modified: 9 years ago

We've ordered a new 10x12 shed and are going to have it built directly behind our garage. Three of our neighbors have done this already and because they used matching vinyl and shingles, their sheds blend in perfectly with their homes.

I would have loved to do that but we really can't afford the vinyl; so we've opted instead to paint. Painting isn't so bad and it gives us a variety of options to consider. So my question is, should we paint to match the house? Or should we add some color? It's going to be sitting about six feet from the garage wall, would it look wonky if we painted it a shade that is neutral but less boring than off white instead?

This is basically the same shed we ordered only ours will have just one window, the one next to the doors and for now, it won't have the shutters or flower box. Since the color in the pic is also very similar to the color of our house, this is basically what the shed would look like if we followed suit with our neighbors. Cute huh?

We live on a curve and last year our neighbor cut some trees down that used to provide us privacy. Now passers by have a view we don't want them to have. Once installed, their only view will be the back of our shed so if we did stick with the off white, and paint the trim a different color it would only be seen by us and maybe a couple of the neighbors. So which option would you do?

1. Stick with the house color of off white and white trim like the picture.

2. Stick with the off white and match the trim with the shutter and door color I plan on painting in the front this summer? I'm leaning towards a teal color or...maybe an apple green.

3. Paint the trim in a pretty earthy color or

4. Change it up completely and paint the shed a soft gray, light sage or khaki tan with white trim?

I should add that our deck is rusty brick red and the neighborhood as a whole yard has a rustic wooded feel to it.

Also, I think the box and shutters are super cute and we could easily add them ourselves later. Would that fit into a wooded rustic yard or look out of place? Any other options I haven't thought of are also welcome! Thanks in advance!

Comments (31)