SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
brugloverz9

Does a new can of paint need restiring each time you use it?

brugloverZ9
15 years ago

I am questioning because the paint I have is a SW Proclassic waterbourne acryllic satin and it looks more like a flat paint to me once applied.

I bought it less than a week before using it and did not re stir it. Could that be causing it to be a different sheen than I thought it would be?

Thank you...I have been checking out this forum as I need to paint doors and trim and got so many good tips including using the painters pail and good quality paint brushes.

Another question...should I use an inexpensive paint brush for putting on the 1,2,3 sealer instead of my better brushes? I read that somewhere on this site, but thought I would double check on it. Thank-you!

One more...how do you keep paint out of the hinge cutouts and not get paint on the new hinges? I found out that paint takes up alot of space meant for the hinge and if you get paint in them, you have to cut it out to get the hinge to fit. Also the door latch...but I haven't gotten to removing it from there yet. That should be an even harder one to remove.

Comments (5)