SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jessyf_gw

What did you buy online

jessyf
14 years ago

Inspired by Diane's (craftyrn) thread about grocery shopping... DS #1 asked me to buy about 100 gold foil wrapped chocolate coins for a class project. Why he couldn't have asked when they were on sale during Hannukah...nooooooo....ah well. I found a California website called 'Honestfoods.com' and ordered more than what I needed since shipping was ridiculously reasonable...anyone else have good food retail websites to share?

Creole Mustard ML001 1 4.40

125 Chocolate Coin Fun Pack FK125 1 20.00

Chinese Chicken Salad Dressing MG309 1 5.00

Sierra Nevada Mustards SN-Jars 1 3.50 Choose your flavor = Pale Ale& Honey Spice Mustard

Sierra Nevada Mustards SN-Jars 1 3.50 Choose your flavor = Porter & Spicy Brown Mustard

Sierra Nevada Mustards SN-Jars 1 3.50 Choose your flavor = Stout & Stoneground Mustard

Rice Bran Oil, 1/2 Gallon TP3701 1 8.99

All Natural Hoisin Sauce WM882 1 3.75

Shipping for all that was about $11.79 and no tax since its all food.

Here is a link that might be useful: 'Honest Foods' (cringing at the name)

Comments (50)

• centralcacyclist
    14 years ago

I guess the percussion massager I just ordered from Amazon doesn't count.

• jessyf
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I would count it if you could fit it in your mouth ( I AM NOT GOING TO LOOK UP THAT ONE LOLOLOLOL)

• Related Discussions

What did you order online this year and how is it doing?

Q

Comments (2)
    From chamblees... Scepter'd isle Julia child Golden celebration Koko loco Evelyn All are doing fabulous, kilo loco very slow compared to the others. Scepterd is the largest
    ...See More

if buying online...who do you trust to buy from, and...

Q

Comments (19)
    Thanks- all good things for us to know when buying an expensive item. It is now ;Cyber Monday'= and I don't see any prices that are different from the last several weeks...maybe Cyber Monday is just a gimmick? I had a horrid experience with buying from Best Buy- in person....first, the salesperson walked away while I was actually asking questions about the computers- I floowed him through several isles to drag him back. He then said 'I'll be back in 3 minutes'....10 minutes later I found him standing up front talking with coworkers. I again ragged him back to the computer area. I bought the HP Mini. I did complain to the mgr, who gave me a $40 off the computor. 4 days later, when I returned the computer because it didn't work, the mgr only refunded $359, not $399...I guess all the crap I went through/got a sales price renigged because the product didn't work, and it was then ok to have such bad salespeople. I won't ever be buying from Best Buy. Now....where are the Cyber Day Sales????? owbist- I think it was you that said I was already ahead $40 online.....where, please?
    ...See More

where did you buy your sinks online? need recommendation

Q

Comments (18)
    galaxytools.com has an excellent selection of ss sinks, if that's what you're looking for. but they sell only their label, ticor, sinks, some of which look like copies of blanco sinks. i was set on a blanco myself, but read sterling reviews of glaxytools' sinks here on GW, and wound up buying from them, at a tremendous savings. my contractor thinks it's a great sink. the soundproofing on it, he says, is what they spray the undercarriage of cars with. it's heavy duty and well-made. and i bet if you call in the order for "several" of them, you can negotiate a fat discount. i'm still waitin gon countertops, so can't comment on it's usage. however, i can vouch for their great customer (phone) serivce.
    ...See More

Did you buy your fireclay sink online?

Q

Comments (24)
    I also got my 30" Shaw's at Home and Stone. They are great. But I do find it to be irregular enough that it's very hard to clean, as the water (and debris) don't flow toward the drain. It sounds like I'm not the only one. How bad must it be to return the sink? Not that I could anymore; it's been months since I bought it. Any suggestions? Also mine is nearly new and has little gray lines all over the bottom. Probably from the Calphalon. Suggestions on how best to clean that? Thanks!
    ...See More
  • centralcacyclist
    14 years ago

I'll have to wait until it arrives to let you know.

• caliloo
    14 years ago

I dated a percussionist a long time ago.... never found out if he gave massages though.

Alexa

• dlynn2
    14 years ago

(I won't ask about your percussionist and your mouth)

• beanthere_dunthat
    14 years ago

I played percussion in high school band, and grandma always said I was the mouthy one.

• teresa_nc7
    14 years ago

There is a percussionist in my past also.....we'll leave it in the past.

• bunnyman
    14 years ago

Penzey's Special Bold black peppercorns and some malabar peppercorns.... and sample jars of every peppercorn they have. Now I have three kinds of black, red, pink, green, and two kinds of white pepper.

Curry paste and coffee are my other online grocery items.

Now if you are talking clothing I've been on a rampage buying close out items. Bought the nicest teal colored blouse... don't think I've ever been so in love with a color before. Did the happy dance when my ebay treasure arrived... a Kaper black suit with light green pinstripes in a 2die4 soft fabric ($20!!! w/shipping inc). Didn't care for the green pinstripes until I tried it with a green blouse and then it worked better then expected.... look brand new never worn. I love long sleeve satin blouses and have bought 4 on close out as they are a winter item (JCP loves me!). For reasons I don't understand I wanted a camcorder... found a high-def pocket sized for just over $300. LOL @ walmart... they had one on display but none in stock for a couple months so online I went. A motion detector led light that I put on the back porch so I can see Dolly at night. She has not taken to scratching to get back in so I'm working to be responsive to her just sitting and waiting. An odd book called The Minds of Billy Milligan... by the author of Flowers for Algernon.

Just stuck a new computer mouse on my amazon list. If wallyworld does not have a nice mouse today I'll order it tonight. My old mouse sputtered and died... fresh batteries did not revive it so I'm stuck with a corded mouse with the little rubber ball. I want my cordless laser mousey back.

Lots of overtime at work and my checkbook is at an all time high. Don't normally allow myself to buy so many toys. More shoes and a belt when I spot the right ones.

: )
    lyra

• beachlily z9a
    14 years ago

A 7 sp. Cuisinart hand-held mixer. Ahhh .... will get it this week!

• wizardnm
    14 years ago

Just received seafood that I ordered online. Had friends over last night for a lobster dinner. We had planned this for 2 weeks ago, but a East coast storm altered things a bit.

I ordered 14 lobsters, clam chowder, lobster bisque, stuffed shells, flounder and wild shrimp. I had the lobsters pre cooked and frozen so that it could all be shipped 2nd day instead of overnight, to save on shipping.
    Very nice company to work with, they even sent extras and one of their T-shirt's to make up for the earlier problem.
    Had the lobsters last night, along with the clam chowder. Both were excellent. Thanks Tricia (wink) for introducing me to this company.

Need to order from Penzey's again. I don't buy any spices or seasonings at the grocery store anymore.

No food in the Amazon order from last week. Just a new doggie bed, laptop case, wall mount magnifying mirror and a similar item to what Barnmom ordered.... (chuckle)

I'll be ordering from Nueske's Meat very soon, Easter Ham and Bacon...

Nancy

Here is a link that might be useful: Grossman's Seafood

• claire_de_luna
    14 years ago

6 in 1 Tomatoes, OF COURSE!

• ci_lantro
    14 years ago

This week? A new light switch for my oven. Rec'd it yesterday & installed it yesterday. Yippee! I can now see what's cookin'!!!

• seagrass_gw Cape Cod
    14 years ago

I order Senseo coffee pods and Cantubury Naturals apple cake mix from Amazon, and also Golden Malted pancake and waffle mix.

Since I'm going to Columbus, OH soon to visit my mother, I can visit a Penzey's there and avoid the shipping costs (make note to leave room in my luggage!!).

seagrass

• sissyz
    14 years ago

I love online shopping!
    Got Keurig Kona K Cups for work.
    Shredded green papaya for green papaya salad.

Ladies size 13 rain boots from Barefoot Tess for my little darling.

Ladies size 11 Clark clogs for me from Zappos.

Seed potatoes from Ronniger Potato Farm.
    I love reading what others ordered!!

• JoanM
    14 years ago

I got a gift card for Ohama steaks for Christmas that I haven't used. Last week someone sent me some steaks from the same place so there were coupons in the cooler. I just used the coupons and my gift card to order some bacon wrapped filet mignons.

Yum! Nothing like beef in the mail. LOL

• michaelmaxp
    14 years ago

A 300 count bag of Chupa Chup lolipops.

• nancyofnc
    14 years ago

24 dozen canning jar lids and bands (Fillmore Container) that should last me a couple of months.
    Several dried spices in bulk (better prices and shipping rates to my part of the country than Penzey's or Spice Barn -my other fav -but then I use up a LOT of spices each year) (Atlantic Spice Company).
    Hot Smoked Salmon Fillets (Takustore.com) from Alaska - total yum - a little goes a long way so well worth it.
    Four Kyocera ceramic blade Y peelers in colors for gifts (so my guests don't take mine home with them - again) (Amazon.com).
    Pie boxes and a huge 3 cup sugar sifter (wesellcoffee.com).
    Pot Clip to hold spoon on preserving pan - so cool! (LeeValleyTools.com - gardening tab).
    Several packets of heirloom veggie seeds (rareseeds.com and victoryseeds.com) in anticipation that this long bitter-cold, pleasant-demeanor-challenging, stupid, frigid arctic-like winter will end soon! North Carolina is in the "warm" South, for Pete's sake! That's why I moved down here from Ohio!!! What global warming? I don't feel it! Oh well, back to on-line shopping. What else do I need?

Nancy

• goldgirl
    14 years ago

A waffle iron AND a lasagna pan that everyone will make fun of me for buying (link below). But I'm not listening!!!! :)

Here is a link that might be useful: Baker's Edge Lasagna Pan

• ci_lantro
    14 years ago

Oh--and I bought a Danish dough whisk, the big one. Now I'm wishing I had gotten the smaller sized one too. The large one is too big for mixing up a batch of muffins.

Here is a link that might be useful: Danish Dough Whisk

• arabellamiller
    14 years ago

Thanks for the reminder that I need some 6 in 1 tomatoes....

Nothing else lately cooking related, just a biochem book and beatles rock band disc for the kids.

AM

• gldno1
    14 years ago

That's good to know about the Danish dough whisk; that has been on my list for some time now.

I just ordered for the first time some spices from American Spice Company: lb 2% oil cinnamon and l lb of a light chili powder and a small jar of cardomom (going to make my own brats and a package of sausage casings.

and from Amazon (my favorite online source) the sausage stuffing attachment for my KA mixer and a silicone pastry brush and a silicone jar size spatula.

• sowngrow (8a)
    14 years ago

I'll jump in here even tho everyone else seems to know each other-just like I've done on other threads. Since finding this forum about a month ago, I feel like I walked into someone's house where ya'll are gathered and just sat myself right down. It's a very friendly house, by the way!

I just bought a Danish dough whisk also, as well as an instant read thermometer and clay covered loaf pan. I also ordered: All About Braising , the Art of Uncomplicated Cooking by Molly Stevens and Healthy Bread in Five Minutes a Day.

Robin

• mustangs81
    14 years ago

Okay, I just checked my Amazon account for 2009; these items are just the food related. And yes, I'm checking myself into rehab tomorrow.
    Cameron Stove Top Smoker
    Mario Batali Extra Deep Lasagna Pan
    PUR Side by Side Refrigerator Push Button Cyst Reducing Water Filter
    Waring Pro SB30 1300-Watt Portable Single Burner
    iSi N2O Cream Chargers
    iSi Cream Dispenser
    Amco Swing-A-Way S2062 Easy Release Grease Separator
    Oxo Good Grips Corer
    Clean House Clean Planet
    Stackable 12-Can Beverage Dispenser
    Smokin': Recipes for Smoking Ribs, Salmon, Chicken,
    Mozzarella, and More with Your Stovetop Smoker
    Bella Terra San Marzano Italian Tomatoes-Whole Peeled
    Parchment Paper Sheets
    KitchenAid KHM9PWH 9-Speed Professional Hand Mixer
    J&D's Baconnaise Bacon Flavored Spread, Regular
    Grate Chef 101-1200 Disposable Grill Wipes
    Corelle Livingware 10-1/4-Inch Divided Dish
    Original Pig Tail Food Flipper in Gift Box 2-pc.
    Kuhn Rikon Energy 9-1/2-Inch Saver/Flame Protector
    HIC Harold Imports Squirt-free Grapefruit Knife
    Bormioli Rocco Glass Storage Pitcher 2.25-qt.
    Joyce Chen 4 in 1 Microwave Rice Steamer
    Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day
    Extech THERMOMETER, FOLD-UP POCKET STYLE
    Microplane Specialty Series Adjustable Slicer 15.5-in.
    Presto 05100 Microwave Bacon Cooker
    Wusthof Grand Prix II 3-Piece Knife Prep Set
    R.H. Forschner 8-Inch Chef's Knife, Black Fibrox Handle
    Things Cooks Love: Implements, Ingredients, Recipes
    Fagor 4-Quart Stainless-Steel Duo Pressure Cooker
    Clip-n-Seal Bag Clips - Tweener 10 pack

• BeverlyAL
    14 years ago

Cathy, you must certainly have your own 50' X 50' gadget storage bldg right on your property!

Spices - The SPice House and Penzeys
    Swimsuits - Old Pueblo Traders
    Lampshades - Browns Lampshades
    Zappos - shoes
    Draper and Damons - casual clothing

Other things I have forgotten.

• jessicavanderhoff
    14 years ago

I am anxiously awaiting some smoked sea salt and an oil sprayer. And one of those potholders that goes on a skillet handle. It should drastically decrease the number of thumb blisters in my future!

• partst
    14 years ago

Cathy, youÂre a brave woman I donÂt want to look and see how much I have bought at Amazon in 2009 or any other year for that matter it would be scary.

The only things I bought online this past week was enough emergency supplies to last us until the end of time ,at least that what it seems like, we are stocked up for any kind of emergency that could possibly happen. It started out as a conversation I had with DH about the emergency pantry thread and really came to a head when DH finished reading, One Second After, a work of fiction based on facts about what would happen after an EMP attack on the United States.

I plan to rotate some of the freeze dried vegetables into our regular meal planning after reading what grainlady said about the quality. Just the space it will save in the pantry and freezer is a plus. I am amazed at some of the things available that had a 10 year or longer shelf life.

Claudia

• pat_t
    14 years ago

I finally broke down and bought myself an electric griddle just for pancakes. Got it from Amazon with free shipping.

I may be a Chef, but I am totally retarded when it comes to making pancakes on the stove. While visiting a friend a couple of weeks ago, she whipped out her electric griddle and I made pancakes on it. Voila! They were beautiful and no as-we-call-them "doggie" pancakes.

• triciae
    14 years ago

Claudia, I'm pleased to see you & DH have started a rotating storage program. Yes, definitely use what you purchase. Many of our food storage items transition through our commodity useage step-by-step. Raw ingredients to mixes to preparation to table, pantry, or freezer. Yesterday, I went 'shopping' in our storage & made granola. I chose rolled oats, rolled triticale, rolled barley, canola oil, honey, pure maple syrup, dry milk powder, peanut butter powder, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, pistachios, cashews, dried pineapple, dried papaya, home dried strawberries, nutmeg, cinnamon, & dried vanilla powder. The house smelled wonderful all day as it dried. Made 3 different types from those ingredients. I packaged it up last night & got 3 gallons of granola. That should last us until early summer. I cannot believe how much stores charge for commercial made granola without nearly the variety of ingredients. You'll love having your own grocery store. Last week, I made 'convenience foods' (white sauce mix & a basic cookie mix).

Recent online purchases -

"Classics of Russian Literature" from The Teaching Company. I do not need this class. It will be at least another year before I finish the "History of the US" (84 lectures) & I recently finished a Middle East class that still needs to have my notes organized. I am addicted to these classes & need a Ten Step Program. lol

Cooking related stuff...

An electric tortilla maker (Amazon) - a huge teflon-coated spatula for flipping those tortillas (KA) - masa harina (can you believe I can't find it locally anymore?! What happened since last summer? Did the entire Latin America population leave the East Coast? Had to buy from Bob's Red Mill) - Blue cornmeal for chips & cornbread (also from Bob's) - Replacement dishes from Bennington Pottery to replace the ones I've dropped/broken since my injury/stroke (I'm such a klutz now, it's awful! Still totally numb on my right side. Trying to learn how to function with no feeling & my weight limit has been reduced to 2-3 lbs...very limiting.).

UPS knows our house well.

/tricia

• mustangs81
    14 years ago

Tricia, DH asked if the UPS guy was coming to dinner. I said no, but he has had lunch here several times ;>).

Claudia, Yeahbut looking at the Amazon purchase history is Step 2 in the rehab program. In an effort to justify, I don't do much brick and mortar shopping (unless I'm with CF friends who force me) and a few of the purchases were for gift.

Pat, :>( Thanks a lot I have been resisting buying a griddle!!

Robin, I love the Danish dough whisk but didn't include that on my list because it was a King Arthur purchase. Now don't make me add that list of purchases!

• annie1992
    14 years ago

OK, now we're only talking 2010, right? LOL

Actually, I was going to buy a danish dough whisk and Renee (beantheredunthat) sent me two, one for me and one that she said was for Amanda but it really belongs to the Monkey Princess, my little kitchen assistant/boss.

I did buy Elery some gluten free flour mix from Amazon because he is trying to convince his celiac daughter to stop sneaking and eating bread. I told him she was 25, she was going to do as she pleased and the ramifications were going to be her deterrent, but he has to try anyway. Well, you know, it's the parent thing...

And that's all I've purchased on line this year, other than a replacement gauge for my pressure canner.

I did buy two more silicone "spoonulas" in Chicago because I loved the ones that Jessica brought me years ago and I finally broke one. I also bought red food coloring for frosting, LOL, but I haven't shopped much. Or, for that matter, at all. And I spent $23 at Trader Joe's, because I just had to.

Annie

• Lars
    14 years ago

Soupbase.com is one of my favorite places - I bought lobster base and a large mushroom soup base. I will probably end up getting 6-in-one tomatoes on line because I don't want to have to drive to Santa Monica to Bay Cities Deli (which also involves parking issues). Sorrento Deli in Culver City used to have them, but they were out the last time I went.

I bought vintage wooden bowls on eBay, to match my teak dining table. One set had to be refinished, but they were extremely cheap. I can get carried away on eBay and buy things I don't really need, if they are ridiculously cheap. I bought a beautiful Irish crystal decanter a few months ago and have yet to use it, but it's very pretty.

I've bought pumpernickel flour from the King Arthur site, and I bought herb seeds from Horizon Herbs recently (epazote, ephedra, lemongrass, basil, etc.), but haven't planted them yet, although I have planted tomato plants, basil plants, and pepper plants last month.

Lars

• goldgirl
    14 years ago

Lars - I've never seen Soupbase.com before. What other products do you like from them?

Sue

• cookingrvc
    14 years ago

Fiber Gourmet. They have a selection of very high fiber pasta products and also cheese crackers that are great. I get the 80 cal cheese crackers by the case full. They are 12 grams of fiber per packet.

The pasta is packed with fiber at 18g per serving. I see they now have lite cake mixes. All the stuff I tried is great.

Sue

Here is a link that might be useful: Fiber Gourmet

• partst
    14 years ago

Tricia,
    Let us know how the electric tortilla maker works. I bought the tortilla press recommended by ann t and love making tortillas now that I know how easy it is. I found masa amarillo from mexgrocer.com in San Diego DH likes the yellow corn tortillas more that the white. Sorry about the broken Bennington IÂve only had one piece crack, in the oven, and they replaced it for free.

I bought an electric griddle last month from Amazon and canÂt believe IÂve lived this long without one. ItÂs great for pancakes and tortillas.

Our house is the last stop for Jim, our UPS guy, and he always has me check the CHP page in the winter to make sure the canyon in open and clear.

Claudia

• sowngrow (8a)
    14 years ago

pat_t-I have a teflon coated griddle for pancakes but have been trying to avoid teflon so I tried using my cast iron skillet and I'm having great luck with it when I make pancakes now. It's not an enameled skillet, nothing fancy, but it works nicely.

Robin

• sowngrow (8a)
    14 years ago

pat_t-didn't mean to put a damper on your new purchase. I still use my griddle here and there. Just thought I'd mention an alternative to someone else who is "pancake challenged."

• rob333 (zone 7b)
    14 years ago

Used to work with an insurance carrier out of Omaha and they'd send us Omaha steaks sometimes. Oh my. Talk about your fresh, tasty, and tender beef. Looked forward to those boxes.

P.S. All the percussionists I knew (read, dated!) practiced drumming all the time. If they do that on your back, is that a percussive massage?

Here is a link that might be useful: Omaha steaks

• beanthere_dunthat
    14 years ago

Where do you guys PUT all this stuff? LOL!

Oh, wait! I have ordered a couple things this year on-line:
    -- linguica and chorizo from Gaspars in Janaury. Can't get the good Portuguese sausages here. DH's family has ordered from them for probably 45 years.
    -- Some baking spices as part of a birthday presetn for someone.
    -- green veggie bags from Amazon (which kicked my book order over $25 for the free shipping, so I call that a wash.)
    -- the dough whisks for Annie.

And now Lars has reminded me that I'm out of pork base and cilantro-lime concentrate so I'll probably be ordering from Soupbase this month. I've ordered from them for many yeasrs. Great service. I just with Minor's still made the 8 oz continers and hadn't discontinued the kalamata olive concentrate.

Pat, I'm reminded of the Julia Child quote when she was asked if there was anything she found hard to cook. She replied, "Toast. I always burn the toast." Enjoy your griddle. :) DH picked up one from Aldi's years ago just for pancakes because he wanted us to be able to make more than two at a time. It comes in pretty handy for quesadillas, too.

• althetrainer
    14 years ago

I only buy online when I cannot find it locally. I am in Canada and most of these online stores are in the US. Shipping cost plus tax and possible duty fees could make a very good deal deadly.

The recent online purchase was a DVD box set of ER season 12, from Amazon.ca, for my husband. It was sold out everywhere. The price of the movies was just enough to quality for free shipping, and of course it was shipped within Canada we didn't have to worry about customs and duty charges.

The other item I got online last year was a Danish dough whisk from Breadtopia. Shipping was almost as much as the whisk itself. But once again it was not available anywhere in Alberta. After looking for months and asking around I finally realized it was impossible to find it locally so I bought it online. The whisk was less than $20 so it didn't have to stop by customs.

I probably would buy more online if not because of all the additional charges. One thing I would never buy online is clothing. How do you know if the piece of garment fit if you have not tried it on? I suppose I could return it but it's just too much trouble. Worse yet, sometimes you have to pay to ship it back. Just not worth it! I have bought socks and gloves online in the past but that's where I draw the line. Anything makes me feel like asking "Do I look fat in this?" will never make it to my online shopping list. LOL

Al

• triciae
    14 years ago

Al,

I love Denim & Co from QVC. Most of my everyday clothes are from that line. Once you know your size...it's always true. Even their colors are match dyed so if you buy an apple red shirt this year & want to get a matching tank next year...no problem. It'll match. Priced right. Wears like iron. Best customer service available, IMO. What's not to like? :)

/tricia

• Lars
    14 years ago

Goldgirl, I generally only buy lobster and mushroom soup base because I can find all the other soup bases in stores. I can usually find lobster soup base, and I used to be able to find mushroom soup base, but not recently. Anyway, it works out to be cheaper to order it on line. I try to buy the ones without MSG, although a little MSG does not bother me. The vegetable Mire Poix base is good, but I didn't especially like the chili base - it was not much different from what I got at the Korean market. The crab base is good too, but I buy that locally at Surfas. The seafood soup bases really help boost the flavor of seafood soups that I make, and I make them fairly frequently. I haven't used them in sauces, however.

Lars

• diana55
    14 years ago

.........interested in a good "COOKIE CUTTER"........online......and Cheap !!! LoL Diana55

• beanthere_dunthat
    14 years ago

Clothes I do order on line. Our clothing selection in town is limited to Wal-mart, Target, and a couple of little boutiques that sell ridiculously tiny clothing at insanely high prices. (Doex anyone really wear a size 2?) I order clothes for both of us a LL Bean and Lands End. The service is good, the sizes don't move around, and if I'm patient, I can get free shipping. We don't go anywhere we have to dress up, so it suits us fine. I also ordered winter boots from Zappos and was very pleased.

• emmisme
    14 years ago

I rarely buy online and I'm very frugal to boot but I couldn't resist this cookie cutter. I've seen it used on several blogs and finally bit the bullet and ordered it. Can't wait until it arrives.

Here is a link that might be useful: Cookies with a message

• lindac
    14 years ago

I need an intervention for sure......
    My purchases vary from jewelry to silver to TV to computer stuff, food and doo dads.
    Where can I get those cook cookie cutters?
    Linda c....ebay is us....amazon our friend and that O site a constantant temptationl.
    And....don;'t forget to woot!

• partst
    14 years ago

Linda,
    Cookie cutters are on eBay from Germany

Claudia

Here is a link that might be useful: Cookie cutter

• beachlily z9a
    14 years ago

My Cuisinart hand mixer was delivered by FedEx Home yesterday, it just wasn't delivered to me. Bummer! Now the ebay seller is going to make a claim on FexEx and lord knows when I'll receive my mixer.

My own thought was that someone looked at the shipping box (which is also the box that the mixer came in) and said, "Oh, I know someone who can use that!"... I know I can if I ever get it.

• ritaotay
    14 years ago

This year... Absolutely nothing.

Last year I bought some off brand ink cartridges for my Brother printer from Overstock com and they killed my printer.

I do shop online but I've been using their 1-800 numbers when I want to buy... I'm paranoid and I hate paying shipping... lol

Rita

• sushipup1
    14 years ago

I just bought a year's supply of Chore Boy Golden Fleece kitchen wash cloths. My local store isn't carrying them anymore, but I found them at about the same price in a case unit. 2 to a box, 12 boxes, $25 with shipping, so about what I paid with tax at the local store. Sorry I can't support the local store but they decided to stop carrying the scrubbers. There's a place called Buy the Case, so I did!

A cloth will last a long time, so this is more than a year's supply.

Here is a link that might be useful: Buy The Case

• centralcacyclist
    14 years ago

My percussion massager arrived! It will save me a bundle on Dutch treat dates. ;)

I haven't done a lot of online shopping this year and most of those purchases have been for my son's sailing trip. Galley cookbooks, a camp style toaster, clothing, a couple of laptops, more books.