SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bananafana_gw

bradington young chairs---so bad

bananafana
18 years ago

Does anyone have any insight on this? I'm clearly going to return these two ridiculous leather chairs, but I am really perplexed whether I should reorder, or just give it up. Everything I've read about Bradington Young is so good, that I am wondering if I just got the two worst chairs they've ever made or what?

I purchased two Bradington Young leather deco style chairs at Marshall Fields during a sale so I got 50% off....so each chair was $1000. The leather was supposed to be a distressed aniline---what they refer to as "pull up". The chairs I got are very dense looking dark leather with very little distressing. Maybe none. They almost look like vinyl. One leg is dinged. From the front, the sides are asymmetrical on one chair...as if the leather was put on slightly askew, then on the other side a bunch of padding was stuffed in there to make up the difference. The welting is wavy and near the seams where the arm welts are are actually bumpy like the leather is bunched up underneath. On one of them, the inside back was apparently put on too high and maybe extra padding jammed in there, so there is a big dent on the top back where the transition from front to back is. The seat cushions don't sit flat and are really uncomfortable. Way too hard. There are exposed staples and a bit of plastic webbing which sticks out of the leather cover by one of the legs. It's unbelievable.

Do you think this is just a freaky deal and worth waiting for replacements, or has something happened to their manufacturing? I had such a hard time finding chairs that would work in this particular space, and it's such a disappointment.

Comments (9)