SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
louisianalover

Advice on Bradington-Young Recliners

louisianalover
11 years ago

Sat in and ordered two of these Bradington-Young swivel, glider, and recliner chairs:

However, we ordered them in an upholstery fabric and they were delivered last week.

Even though these chairs are the same as the leather chair, they sit too far off the ground. I know that these chairs were custom ordered and handmade but obviously there is a difference between the leather and the upholstered chairs and they are too big for me to sit in. They are at least 4 inches too far off the ground for my feet to touch the floor. The owner of the furniture store came out to my house and is trying to figure out what happened. I am upset because I did not receive the chairs that I sat in even though these are in fabric and not leather. The furniture store owner called the plant manager at Bradington Young and they said maybe they can replace the swivel, glider, recliner mechanisms with a wall-hugger recliner mechanism making the chairs stationary and lowering the chair about an inch and it would make the chair be in a different pitch (whatever that means). I would have to pay an additional $175 per chair and pay for someone to replace the mechanisms but they will probably only lower the chairs by one inch. I just don't know what to do as I paid a lot of money for these chairs and I didn't get what I thought I had ordered. Is there any recourse for me? Do you think the furniture store should do more to help me? I need to call him back today to let him know what I want to do. He is not accepting responsibility but he is trying to help me. I am not wanting to put more money into these chairs with no guarantee that they are going to be any better. I don't know if he will take the chairs back and I offer to pay a restocking fee. I think he could sell the chairs to someone as they are pretty neutral in color. Has this happened to anyone else???

Comments (25)