SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tmhopperjr

Craftsman Garage Clicker Works Intermittently

tmhopperjr
12 years ago

Model # 139.53914d belt driven.

I purchased a new home and it came with this garage door opener.

It had a keypad outside and after several times trying to reprogram it finally worked but only a couple times.

I then decided to go and purchase a new keypad and clicker.

After programming both they would work but only close up to the machine. Maybe about a foot and a half away. It was not even doing that on a consistent basis.

After going in to the crawl space to see where the wires run to I found that they both run vertically upwards.

One of the wires runs up and along the support beams horizontally towards the outside wall and straight down back into the garage into some sort of drywall box that protrudes inside the garage. This drywall box seems to be containing lots of wiring that i noticed running into it from the crawl space.

the other run runs up vertically and then heads straight back towards the house horizontally and then straight down to some unknown location.

Thanks for the help.

seven one four five nine nine three seven two five if anyone is an expert or knows what they are doing can call if they would rather talk me thru this.

I called craftsman and they will only send a technician out for an absorbent amount and they would only troubleshoot the opener over the phone if I was in my 90 day warranty period.

Comments (2)