SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gw_oakley

Getting to Know You...Again :)

Oakley
14 years ago

Let's have some more light hearted things to talk about. Here's another GTKY topic.

1. What are you wearing right now?

2. What have you eaten today, if it's morning when you read this, what do you plan to eat for dinner?

3. What did you have for dinner last night?

4. What is your favorite flower in your flower garden?

5. Other than the main colors in your home now, what colors would you like to change to?

6. Are you an online shopper or do you prefer to go to a store in person?

7. If you do shop online, what is your favorite website, other than Amazon? :)

8. Do you paint your nails?

9. What one thing this week are you looking forward to doing?

1. What type of car do you drive and the color?

Comments (42)

• Oakley
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Dark red tee shirt, navy blue shorts, house shoes.

2. What have you eaten today, if it's morning when you read this, what do you plan to eat for dinner?

A Boost for breakfast, peanut butter/jelly sandwich and tabouli for lunch.

Charcoaled steaks and pork chops. YUM.

My pale pink Nicotiana

5. Other than the main colors in your home now, what colors would you like to change to?

Blue and White

Online. I live in the country and it's a PITA to go shopping. Besides, I can see more items online and am always satisfied with my purchases.

Tough question. lol. For seasonal items, it's Plowandhearth.com. I also like Pfaltzgraff.com

No. I used to, but since I stay at home, my hands are always into something. I should do clear polish again, that always looks nice.

Watching my grandson Henry, for a few hours tomorrow! I love rocking him when he's ready for a nap. He's 8 months old and full of baby fat!

Navy Dodge Durango

• Oakley
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Ack, I forgot my most favorite site for vintage things and great Christmas gifts!

GooseberryPatch.com

• Related Discussions

Sush, this is for you. Thank you again:-)

Q

Comments (10)
    Hey Mike, To give you such nice, mature plants he has to be generous. The second plant in pic 2 is variegated Agave. Unlike Aloes that flower yearly, Agaves take a decade or longer to bloom, lol. After flowering mom dies back, but new pups grow alongside the base. Mike, perhaps you didn't see what I wrote. Back in the late 90's, early 2000's, I gave a friend 27 or so Philos, both green and gold Xanadu included..to make room for other plants..lol. Of course, once again I fell in love w/Philos, so ended up buying different species. Some variegated. :) Or with rarer shaped leaves. It's possible I have an old pic on my Flickr account, but need to check. After giving a plant away or dies, I normally delete pics on Flickr, but I'll take a look-see. Thanks Mike. I still have 4 tests coming up, the first Tues. I'm scared, lol. I read you weren't feeling well. Hope you're doing better..?? Mike, you always start the most interesting threads. Toni
    ...See More

Great Expectations - see you again in 2015...I hope.

Q

Comments (5)
    Yep, wish me luck too. I bought one at the end of this season, my first attempt at a GE. I ripped out a bunch of ivy, built up a little corner with bricks on hand, and filled it with native soil I had on hand plus a bag of whatever I had in the garden shed. Might have been compost, I don't recall. Gets morning sun in this location. Anyway, sink or swim little GE. Hope to see you in 2015. Good luck to yours TandM.
    ...See More

RECIPE: Thank you again

Q

Comments (1)
    ACK! This was meant for the Cooking forum! :o)
    ...See More

Getting to Know You.....again

Q

Comments (29)
    1. What are you wearing at this moment? Comfy blue sweater, jeans, white gym shoes. 2. What have you eaten today or plan on eating? Pomegranate applesauce and some Yakisoba noodles for lunch, Chinese carryout for dinner. YUM! 3. What is your computer wallpaper/screen saver? A bed of fallen leaves in a riot of fall colors, sprinkled with raindrops. 4. What is your favorite vegetable? Only one! Only one? ThatâÂÂs tough. I guess onions for all they do in food and alone, but as a side dish veggie, probably brussel sprouts. 5. If you were invisible, where would you go? Inside the Supreme Court as they deliberate. 6. What does/did your parents do for a living? My late father (and he was late, for everything, LOL) was a family law and real estate attorney. Most honest guy in the world, and very smart. My mom hasnâÂÂt really worked much since they got married. She was an operator (witha real switchboard) for Michigan Bell before marriage. Worked a couple times part time, just for fun. Now retired, but the queen of immaculate homes and the best pie baker in the world. 7. What name would you give yourself other than your given name? You MUST choose a different name! Almost anything would be better than Leslie. I have always loved the sound of Solange, but I think I would be something like Kellan. 8. Off the top of your head, what is the best song ever written? Hallelujah Chorus by Handel is the one that comes to mind - and I am an atheist! LOL 9. If you could have any animal in the world as a pet, (it would be tamed) what would you choose? I would take a pass. Animals are wonderful, but I would be fine without a pet, tho I love our dog Kassi. Are you hosting Thanksgiving this year or will you be a guest? We are having Thanksgiving for just the 4 of us on Saturday. Younger DS will be home from college, and asked if he could go with the girlfriend for part of the day to her family celebration. I just didnâÂÂt see the point in making the poor guy struggle through two meals, and I have to work every day that week but Thanksgiving, and DH is having some minor surgery on Friday. So it will be a warm and wonderful day on Saturday with DH, both the boys, and me - and Kassi eating turkey too, of course. We may stop by and see DHâÂÂs dad on Thursday for a quick visit. Not sure yet where he is going for dinner. My mom will be with my brother, so I am not welcome.
    ...See More
  • squirrelheaven
    14 years ago

Let's not go there.

Goat Cheese & tomato pizza, yum! Having a yummy salad for dinner.

Dessert : )

I adore daylilies and hydrangea.

Probably green. Or a soft yellow cream. I'm more drawn to color combinations.

I do a mix, I guess.

7. If you do shop online, what is your favorite website,

Probably Amazon.

other than Amazon? :)

Oops : ) Hmmm. Maybe that's it for me.

Only in clear when I do, though I sometimes like a color on my toes with open shoes.

Getting the tile in my bathroom finished.

Top secret information : ))

• Sueb20
    14 years ago

I don't usually do these things but I'm trying to pretend I'm "working" right now to avoid having to deal with my kids. (Bad mommy. I know.)

Jeans and a Block Island t-shirt.

Has scrambled eggs for breakfast. A strange lunch of fruit and ice cream for lunch. Pizza for dinner.

Went out to a great restaurant and had a terrific salad and scallops.

Right now, the blue sage.

Periwinkle blue and red.

Depends on what I'm buying. I do quite a bit of online shopping but I also do a lot of online returning, which makes me wish I had just gone to a real store and tried it on or looked at the item IRL.

Zappos. Garnet Hill. Lands End.

No, but occasionally I pay someone else to paint them.

Having coffee with a group of friends on Thurs., and going out to dinner with my DH on Sat.

Black mini-van. Sigh. What can I say; I have kids and dogs.
  • tinam61
    14 years ago

fun idea!!

1. What are you wearing right now? tank top and short

2. What have you eaten today, if it's morning when you read this, what do you plan to eat for dinner? Out for lunch. We just had grilled burgers, baked beans and potato casserole for dinner.

3. What did you have for dinner last night? Same - we grilled last night - tonight is the leftovers.

hmmmm right now it would be my roses.

5. Other than the main colors in your home now, what colors would you like to change to? I don't want to change.

6. Are you an online shopper or do you prefer to go to a store in person? I hate shopping so online is best but some things I want to see in person.

7. If you do shop online, what is your favorite website, other than Amazon? :) Ebay and Etsy

8. Do you paint your nails? My toenails - always, my fingers, rarely.

9. What one thing this week are you looking forward to doing? Taking the boat out.

1. What type of car do you drive and the color? Camry, a silver green - can't remember what it is called, hard to find, I had to order it.

tina

• golddust
    14 years ago

Let's have some more light hearted things to talk about. Here's another GTKY topic.

Black ankle strap sandals (Dansko), Blue jean capris and my "happy blouse" by Sunny Leigh.

I haven't eaten much. A bowl of 'Uncle Sam' cereal but here's dinner:

Both beef and potatoes are a very rare treat as we try to stick to a low carb diet. Tonight we're grilling up a couple New York steaks and potatoes thinly sliced placed in aluminum foil, with olive oil, garlic, onions, bell pepper and grated parmesan cheese, salt and lots of pepper. Grilled until crisp. Ana a salad. Simple, but a treat around here.

Thai, out. Fresh spring rolls with mint are to die for!

I like daisies, black eyed susans, etc. Flowers for cutting.

I want to paint a room grey.

Online!

Ebay. I'm an Ebay Queen!

Hehehe. Nope. Do old hippie chicks have to do that now? (please say no.)

Mowing my yard. (Tractor has been in shop for a month. It's coming home Tuesday.) Maybe getting my claw foot installed in my bathroom. Woo! Exciting life alert! I want to finish moving into my new closet with the new organizer. Moving in is slow going because my old closet rod collapsed and there's a heap on my old floor. Plus I only want our summer wardrobe in there.

We have three cars that we pass around. We have a 2004 Prius and two BMW's. A 2000 X5 and a 2004 3 series. They are all silver. LOL! (All by accident.)

The X5 has navigation so whoever doesn't know where they are going, takes 'Nelly.' Whoever is driving the furtherest and knows where they are going, takes the Prius. Whoever else is left, drives the 3 series. Unless I don't need to go anywhere, then the X5 stays home with me. (It's not as complicated as it sounds.)

• jasonmi7
    14 years ago

Champion shorts and an old Dewalt t-shirt that's in rags that I got from a Dewalt rep before they went commie and moved out of the country.

Ikea meatballs and brown rice.

Beer.

I don't know; I mow everything down.

I'd go from white to antique white.

Depends on the store.

Adorama.com

Only when I'm using a sprayer to paint siding or walls and my hand gets in the way.

Watching a JG movie.

Black Jetta Diesel. But I'm buying a new car. I'm torn between Porsche, Audi, and BMW models right now. BMW quality isn't as high as Audi (a VW co-owner). And Porsches' scream a little too loudly. I'm leaning towards the Audis.
  • squirrelheaven
    14 years ago

lol, Jason!

• IdaClaire
    14 years ago

Lavender camisole and darker lavender yoga pants, socks and sneakers

Toast for breakfast, Chinese stir-fry for lunch, an ice cream bar for a treat, and cheese sammich for dinner

Too much junk from Taco Bell. Ugh!

My beautiful, bold hibiscus! (Start blooming again, dammit!)

I wouldn't change any of my colors ...

Online, most definitely.

Etsy, eBay, Zappos ...

Just my toenails. I'm too rough on my fingernails to keep them polished all the time.

Getting started on my new front flower bed.

2004 Jeep Wrangler, Rubicon edition. Gray, soft top.
  • neetsiepie
    14 years ago

What fun! Here goes...
    Jersey shorts & a t-shirt. It was hot here today.

Breakfast: Yogurt & fiber1 bar, lunch-grilled hamburger, dinner-salad with grilled chicken & marinated bean salad

BBQ with my kids...burgers, pasta salad, grilled corn, fresh strawberries

4. What is your favorite flower in your flower garden? My fuschia colored peonies. It's their 2nd year and they're amazing!!

Wanting to redo MB in a more beachglass green and my office in anything other than it is now.

Store. Gotta touch the stuff

Probably Etsy...or this place I get crystals from.

8. Do you paint your nails? Nope, I refuse to wear gloves when gardening, so it's a waste of polish. Now my toes are a different story.

9. What one thing this week are you looking forward to doing? Clearing my desk at work.

1. What type of car do you drive and the color? Chevy Silverado 4x4, teal blue.
  • Faron79
    14 years ago

This is a fun idea!!!

1) Wearing now:
    Seattle Seahawks t-shirt, navy pleated shorts...from yardwork earlier this evening.

2) Meals:
    Small items b4 work @ noon...Vault Zero, Skim milk, bread slices.
    This evening...baked chicken, corn-on-the-cob, baked potato.

3) Saturday supper: Spaghetti I think?!

4) Fave flower: Moss Roses!

5) Color change to...Burgundies & Khaki's.

6) Have only bought a couple things online.
    7) Ticketmaster gets some of our business!!

8) Painting my nails...well...in a paint store I have lots of colors occasionally!!

9) Doing this week...gettin' everything for DD's HS Graduation this Sat., THEN....off to Hawaii Monday the 8th!!!!

1. My ride...unfortunenately...still the pewter-beige 2001 GMC-Jimmy (siiiighh...)
      I WISH it was a Big, Black, Yukon XL Denali!!!
      Faron
  • bellaflora
    14 years ago

Pj

Asian noodle soup. When it rains, my kids always want noodle soup. :-)

pasta & ice cream. It was DS1's 9th BD so we went out to celebrate.

Stephanotis & Austin roses & Hydrangea (I'm not good at picking favorite LOL)

Greyish blue - or greyish beige (greige?)..

Browse cyberly, buy locally.

Nope.

Going to F&B to choose/buy paint. Hanging out in down town fabric market & flower market. Maybe checking out the stores on La Brea & Melrose. This coming Saturday is my "design day" -- should be fun. :-)

Beige minivan-Honda Odyssey LOL :-) can you get any more boring than that???

• funkyart
    14 years ago

Pink sweater.. cropped jeans

coffee.. no idea what I will have for dinner. Maybe tuna on sprouted wheat toast.

salad w/cranberries and chickpeas

Sunspot daisies, lavender, evening primrose (which has barely come back)

I'd love a pale yellow like ivorie.. and a bright fresh green like anjou pear.

gosh there are so many-- lately it's been horchow, gumps, sundance, overstock.

8. Do you paint your nails? I do a poor job of keeping up with manicures.. and I am very overdue a pedicure.

9. What one thing this week are you looking forward to doing? going into my new office today (moved to a new building on Friday).. and then my nephew's graduation (it's been a long road for him)

dark gray toyota 4runner.
  • judiegal6
    14 years ago

Bathrobe drinking my first cup of coffee

Nothing yet still on my 1st cup

Chicken on the grill

Pasta with a traditional (homemade) sauce

Peonies

lighter colors

Both

Too many

Occasionally

Watching my DD give birth to identical twin girls!!! (Friday)

Red Tahoe

• cat_tail
    14 years ago

A sort of leopardy-looking print skirt, black top, black sweater, and a black cat on my lap.

Breakfast was oatmeal. Dinner? Umm, not organized enough to know yet!

Steak with herb butter, Joel Robuchon's mashed potatoes(recipe in Saveur), and a salad with balsamic vinaigrette to cut through all that butter (he uses a pound of butter for 2 pounds of potatoes!- we prefer our usual mashed potatoes)

Tree peonies in spring, hydrangea all summer, and belemcanda chinensis while it's out. I've got high hopes for the siam tulips I'm trying out this year. And the stuttgart canna.

I'm going to try a dramatic deeper brown in the living room. My mother in law is very sceptical, kept shaking her head over that one- but I still love her!

Prefer in person, but do both.

This week, it's Melvin's of Charleston for their delicious barbecue sauce- just got my order in.

Occasionally, only a light pearly color.

Using gel stain or some kind of stain for the first time, on the folded-out part of a game table I got off ebay a while back(I removed the old fabric)

Audi A4, silver
  • mistybear11
    14 years ago

Jeans, sweatshirt and a kidney belt. Apparently I might have a hernia.

Had oatmeal with raspberries and blueberries for breaky, no idea what I will make for supper.

Homemade hangybur and caesar salad.

That would have to be heliotrope. I wish I could grow it like a perennial in my zone.

White. No just kidding!

Mostly shop in person.

Have only purchased two things in the past.

In the winter more than the summer. I keep breaking them starting the lawnmower.

Well last week we emptied out a pickup truck of potato stone, I mean hubby emptied it out so I guess I look to forward to him getting another load and finishing a project.

I am driving a 1996 Safari GMC Van, Dark Bluish green. I use this to haul my grasscutting equipment around so as long as DH can keep repairing it, I will keep driving it.
  • mitchdesj
    14 years ago

Black tracksuit, black tshirt, nb sneakers

I've had one toast so far, no clue for dinner, must do something about it.

ordered in thai food for my adult kids and DH and I and grandson,
    he stayed for a sleepover and we drove him to school this morning.

we live downtown now, not one flower to be had.

I have white walls and lots of colorful art, this will stay for a long long time

both ; what I can't find in person I can always track down on line; I am also a big fan of ordering shoes from zappos

zappos, sephora, etc, sky's the limit, the www is amazing.

always, I've been getting regular pedis and manis for years; a necessary indulgence

getting my paperwork/bills in order, packing for my return to Dallas friday,
    we live there half the time, I'm always between trips, this is what my life will be till december

I sold my black 2000 range rover last summer, when we sold our house in the suburbs; I can't parallel park so there was no point in attempting to learn how to drive downtown, never could master that.
    I walk everywhere, take the subway or cab, saves me tons of money.

----------------------------------------------------------

too bad there's no more questions, I'm on a roll here...........

• parma42
    14 years ago

Cirque du Soliel t-shirt, jean shorts and inside shoes.

DH is out of town on business so I have my 'alone' meals. Steak sandwiches, coconut shrimp, Caprese salads. Whatever strikes my fancy at the time.

Breakfast

Can't name just one. Blue star flower (amsonia), fern leaf peonies, pasque flower, anemones, bleeding hearts, and 100s more.

Dark brown

Both. I'd love to shop in real stores, consistently, if I could afford to.

Forzieri, Shoebuy, Horchow

Not very often.

Shopping (home and garden) but it's going to be storming for a few days.

Saab 92x turbo, grey metallic

• uxorial
    14 years ago

A purple University of Washington T-shirt, plaid lounge pants, no shoes or socks.

I haven't eaten yet today. And I have no idea what I'll have for dinner.

Chicken Caesar salad

Of what's blooming right now, probably the bright orange Oriental poppies. Of everything I have...hmmm...hard to say. Kelvin Floodlight dahlia is beautiful; one of my roses smells really nice; nasturtiums are carefree; daylilies taste good; bee balm is interesting.

I can't/won't change the wall color (cedar logs), but I'm currently changing the accent color in my bedroom from dark green to apple green (bedroom is mostly off-white).

online most of the time

For clothes, Land's End most of the time. Other stuff---WalMart, Target, JC Penney.

Just my toenails once in a while. I use my hands too much to fiddle with polish and manicures.

Chorus rehearsal tonight. And maybe visiting a friend later this week.

1992 Honda Accord (with only 94,000 miles on it!) in very dark gray
  • Bumblebeez SC Zone 7
    14 years ago

Jeans and a nice top, dressy sandals, artsy earrings and necklace

2. What have you eaten today, if it's morning when you read this, what do you plan to eat for dinner? Breakfast: coffee, oj, english muffin. Dinner: I need to make something with the carne picada in the refrig. probably wraps of some sort

Grilled asparagus, corn black bean salad, grilled chicken

Hydrangea, rose, and mystic spires salvias

5. Other than the main colors in your home now, what colors would you like to change to? pale blues, turquoises, apple greens

6. Are you an online shopper or do you prefer to go to a store in person? If I didn't live so far away from most stores I would prefer brick and mortar any day.

7. If you do shop online, what is your favorite website, other than Amazon? :) Ebay, Pottery Barn, Coldwater Creek
    But I like Amazon best!

8. Do you paint your nails? Toenails always

9. What one thing this week are you looking forward to doing? Cleaning out the shed

Gmc Sierra beige pick up
  • yayagal
    14 years ago

1. What are you wearing right now? Jeans, tank top and light sweater plus sandals.

2. What have you eaten today, if it's morning when you read this, what do you plan to eat for dinner? I had toast and jelly. Plan on stove top meatloaf, corn on the cob and baked potatoes.

A small soft serve hot fudge sundae, truly :-)
    4. What is your favorite flower in your flower garden? No flower garden but I have rhodies in bloom that I like.

5. Other than the main colors in your home now, what colors would you like to change to? Change MB to soft cream, winter work.

I prefer online.
    7. If you do shop online, what is your favorite website, other than Amazon? :) Ebay, Chicos,Overstock,and many others

8. Do you paint your nails? Yes but in neutral tones
    9. What one thing are you looking forward to. My daughters birthday tomorrow. Out to dinner and then back for cake and coffee and she can open all her gifts. I bought her a John Hardy bracelet. Can't wait to see her reaction.

1. What type of car do you drive? Toyota Sienna Van. silver
  • johnmari
    14 years ago

Jeans, t-shirt, sandals and my swimsuit - headed out to the pool in a little bit.

Had half a leftover chicken salad sandwich for breakfast, have no clue about supper.

Frozen pizza - we were too exhausted to really even think about food.

The extent of my flower garden is one lilac tree and one flowering crabapple, and I like the lilac better. :-)

Considering my house is all white now (urgh) I'm looking forward to purples, greens, yellows, maybe blue...

Online, definitely.

Don't really have one particular favorite. I'm all over the place depending on what I need. Right now I'm spending way too much time at Vintage Woodworks!

LOL! I think the last time my nails were painted was for my wedding in 1995. I barely remember to keep them cut all the same length.

Recovering from 9 days straight of working on the d@mn porch.

Black Subaru Legacy station wagon.

• mrsmarv
    14 years ago

Red silk s/s sweater, multi-colored cropped pants, ecru Born sandals...and a mean case of poison ivy you-know-where.

So far, bagel & creamcheese, cantaloupe. For dinner, pasta with grilled veggies.

Home made pizza with sauteed onions, red peppers, mushrooms and garlic.

Black-eyed Susan.

I like all our colors, but the office is a tad dark for a work space, so I'd like to go Gustavian gray in there. Right now it's a deep smoky blue.

It depends on what I'm shopping for. Both work for me.

Fabricguru.com

Toenails all the time. Fingernails, never.

Reupholstering the ottoman I just upholstered. DH and I decided that the fabric just is not working with our area rug. It's easier to change out the ottoman fabric than replace the rug because we love that rug.

2000 Toyota Rav4, silver.
  • mahatmacat1
    14 years ago

What are you wearing right now?
    old stanley kaplan t-shirt and black nike sweats (the paint-covered ones I love to wear every day at home)

2. What have you eaten today, if it's morning when you read this, what do you plan to eat for dinner? Protein powder with milk and oatmeal with milk and banana, along with vitamins

3. What did you have for dinner last night? A BIG salad with romaine, slivered roasted almonds, raisins, apples, jarlsberg light cheese--YUM!

4. What is your favorite flower in your flower garden? Right now: the big white fragrant peonies. Basically whatever's in bloom, and there's always something fragrant in bloom so I can cut it and bring it in.

5. Other than the main colors in your home now, what colors would you like to change to? I'd love to have the nerve to do something like a navy blue in the south-facing living room, but I just don't. A deep gray would be really cool too -- best I can muster is Brandon Beige--painting two stories of anything is not something I want to do on a whim.

6. Are you an online shopper or do you prefer to go to a store in person? Online for books/collecting things/music/vitamins, in person for clothes.

7. If you do shop online, what is your favorite website, other than Amazon? :) eBay

8. Do you paint your nails? Nah. Not for years.

9. What one thing this week are you looking forward to doing? Seeing friends including DD practicing a flute piece with one of the kids to perform next weekend.

Teal 98 camry xle v6, with over 150K miles. DH is just driving back from the mechanic, where we had the AC recharged -- he says it's delightfully cold in the car now!
  • pbrisjar
    14 years ago

Jeans and a white polo shirt. My standard no-effort work garb.

Dim sum for breakfast (Mondays the bosses buy breakfast). I had shrimp and red bean. Tonight, if we eat at home we'll probably have the chili and chocolate chip cookies I made yesterday.

Swedish meatballs from Ikea (actually a really rare happening). We were supposed to have home made pizza but wound up havign to go on an errand.

Don't have a flower garden right now (no time/space/energy/money). But I just love fuscia, roses and dahlias.

Royal blue, sage green and wine red. (Already have the purple that I love.)

Depends on what I'm buying. Shoes must be bought in person. Otherwise it depends on my mood and the deals.

Don't really have one.

No time, alas.

We're going to the SF Opera TOsca simulcast at Candlestick park Friday night.

gold Honda Accord for daily commute, silver Honda Odyssey for excursions.

• deedee-2008
    14 years ago

1. Clothes: Just got home from work, so am wearing navy blue chinos, pale green v-neck, and socks/no shoes since my feet are killing me from standing all day.
    2.Breakfast: Oatmeal with blueberries, coffee (big mug for Mondays)
    3.Dinner: ribs, corn, rice
    4.Fave flower: Since it's blooming today, my rhododendron "Carnivale" with fushia pink blooms
    5.Color change: need to repaint my dining room: it's currently "Burgundy" by BM, but it looks a bit too purplish at times when the sun hits it. (I'll take any ideas!)
    6. Do both online and brick-and-mortar shopping
    7. Lands End, LL Bean, and Game Spot ?
    8. Paint nails? No, since I work in a hospital, I'm constantly scrubbing my hands to wash them
    9: This week I hope to finish painting the ceiling in my hallway, pick out a new color for DR, re-arrange the furniture, and celebrate my BDay

1. A Subaru outback.....it is the only car that makes it up our steep hill in winter.
  • kellyeng
    14 years ago

Black yoga pants, grey deep v-neck tee w/ cobalt blue sports bra, black flip-flops

Coffee, protein bar, banana for breakfast; peanut butter & jelly sandwich, milk, blueberries for lunch; carrots & almonds for snack; veggie omelet & salad for dinner

Asian style sea bass, shrimp wonton, crawfish chowder & 1/2 chocolate cake

I don't have a lot that blooms because the deer eat everything but they don't touch my Mexican sage which has long purple spikes.

Dining room, green; stairwell, red; gallery, don't know something warm to pickup on the sunset.

7. If you do shop online, what is your favorite website, other than Amazon?
    zappos, jjill, acacia

bi-weekly standing appt. for mani and pedi - clear fingers, red (usually) toes

taking Mom out for her birthday, jogging date with good friend

'06 Ford F-150 SuperCrew, black
  • User
    14 years ago

1. What are you wearing right now? -jeans, short sleeved nice top with a black cardigan and black flops (sandals)

2. What have you eaten today, if it's morning when you read this, what do you plan to eat for dinner? -I'm embarrassed to write this but Spaghetti O's. Wasn't thinking ahead for lunch today so I grabbed the results of grocery shopping while you're hungry. :) I don't know what's for dinner tonight. I'm not really a fan of cooking. I don't think it's really the cooking as the TIME it takes and CLEAN UP involved. DH takes his turns.

3. What did you have for dinner last night? - salad, a grilled chicken wing, and a grilled hamburger.

4. What is your favorite flower in your flower garden? - I don't plant flowers yet. Someday I'll be a grown up ...and when I do I hope I can grow roses. :)

5. Other than the main colors in your home now, what colors would you like to change to? - Only half my house is painted. I want to do a dark gold.

6. Are you an online shopper or do you prefer to go to a store in person? - Online!

7. If you do shop online, what is your favorite website, other than Amazon? :) - Does CL count? I don't believe I'm consistent with any particular site. I was a real ebay crazy for awhile there.

8. Do you paint your nails? - Love to. My nails are always done. I paint them french manicure most of the time because it goes with everything. There are times I'll artsy em up for holidays. It's rare I'll do a solid color. My piggers are only painted half the year during the warmer months. They're normally a shade of red or Barbie on crack pink.

9. What one thing this week are you looking forward to doing? - Getting back to a routine. Out of state relatives were in for 10 days and while I enjoyed seeing them it really messed with the normal schedule. I'm also looking forward to painting my island stools.

1. What type of car do you drive and the color? - Little 2002, stick shift, paid for, Kia Rio in red (car). :) I'm going to run her til she dies. We're at 157,000 miles and still going strong. I don't know what I want next. I do a ton of driving so it has to get good gas mileage and I'd rather have a car. Ask me again once we have kids. I'll admit vehicles are the one thing I could care less about.
  • harriethomeowner
    14 years ago

Purple knit short-sleeved top, black slacks, fuschia socks, black flats (I'm at work -- shh! don't tell anyone!).

Breakfast: slice of bread with peanut butter, coffee with skim milk, bowl of watermelon chunks. Lunch: leftover black-eyed peas and rice, piece of sourdough baguette, strawberries, cookies from vending machine, coffee, tea (trying desperately to stay awake). Dinner: don't know.

See today's lunch, plus salad (all prepared by DH).

Anything purple (irises, clematis, catmint, lavender ...).

Silver sage, taupe, pale gold.

Prefer in person, but it's increasingly difficult to find just about anything out there.

Zappos.

Toenails only, only in the summer. I keep my fingernails very short for playing the piano.

The last rehearsal of the season for an orchestra I'm in -- concert this weekend.

1995 Ford Escort, Barney purple (Ford calls it "Deep Iris"). I rarely drive more than 20 miles per week, so it has very low mileage, and it has been reliable, though unfortunately is looking a little sad (paint faded, rusting around the edges, an obscene word scratched on the side by an unknown perp). Keeps it from getting stolen, though!
  • runninginplace
    14 years ago

An aquamarine linen blouse and a blue/aquamarine plaid skirt with strappy leather sandals-when I get home from work it's going to be a pair of cotton shorts and polo shirt and flip flops :).

Let's see, breakfast this morning (and every morning) was OJ, coffee and oatmeal. One more cuppa joe and a lowfat yogurt as morning snack, then a Healthy Choice turkey meal and water for lunch. Dinner-not sure, had planned to go to the grocery store before dinner but losing steam. Maybe a salad and homemade cheese/olive pizza with a glass of ice water.

Leftover shrimp scampi over rice pilaf and green beans with toasted almonds. And a glass of ice water.

Flower garden?

Some really nice soothing whites or off whites. Unfortunately I am bored with white and off white always looks like dirty beige to me.

Online mostly, who has time or inclination to fight the crowds and aggravation at the mall? Don't like to buy clothes or underwear online though so have to make a couple of power shopping trips annually for those. Otherwise I stay out of stores as much as possible.

Landsend-my one exception to no online clothes shopping.

No, buff them once in awhile but no paint. Did for years but it is a time drain and eventually your nails look nasty from all the chemicals.

Picking up a batch of books being held at the library tonight. Then figuring which one I want to dive into first.

Ancient green Ford Expedition. My daughter has it most of the time and its nickname is the Green Turtle.

Ann

• laxsupermom
    14 years ago

Pink v-neck t-shirt, floral skirt w/ black background, black featherweight cardigan, black flip flops
    Chicken stir fry w/ cabbage, carrots, mushrooms, and whatever else I find in my frig + thai chili rice.
    The boys had steak & grean beans almondine. I had some homemade minestrone soup.(I don't eat mammals)
    My peonies. I know they're ant magnets, but I love giant blooms.
    I keep wanting to try yellow. In my mind's eye it's sunny and happy. On my walls, it's always screamingly bright insane asylum.
    I like trying on things, so for clothes it's mostly in store unless I've bought enough to know the exact fit. I do love a bargain though, so I bought a ton of the stuff for my kitchen remodel online. And I love sniping things off ebay. $11 lax gloves. woohoo!
    Victoria's Secret, darn them for sending so many coupons!
    Who has time?
    Nothing! A blissful nothing! Spring season is ending this week and Summer won't start for a couple of weeks, so the mommy taxi can take a break

Just bought a black Chrysler Town & Country minivan with the touring package to replace my blue Dodge Caravan that had an unfortunate encounter with a deer. Teenaged boys w/ lax bags(think hockey bag, or body bag) take up a whole lot of room. No fun sleek cars for this mom.
  • kellyeng
    14 years ago

Just realized I said "1/2 chocolate cake." Well no, 1/2 of a slice of chocolate cake. It was so good I wish I could've scarfed the whole thing (not a whole slice but the whole cake!)

• bellaflora
    14 years ago

kelly: I was thinking, "man that girl can eat -- must be nice to have that kind of metabolism" LOL ....

• parma42
    14 years ago

"Just realized I said "1/2 chocolate cake." Well no, 1/2 of a slice of chocolate cake. It was so good I wish I could've scarfed the whole thing (not a whole slice but the whole cake!)"

Darn, I was thinking of posting that you were a girl after my own heart.

With DH out of town, my typical diet is always fruit in the day, a slimming protien at night...followed by half a chocolate cake.

Try it, you'll like it. :)

• paint_chips
    14 years ago

Blue jeans and teal shirt

1. What have I eaten today? Oh gee... For breakfast I had a smoked salmon salad, snack: watermellon and almonds lunch: orange and 80 calories worth of ice cream, snack: more watermellon and almonds. It is only 4! I had eyed a Lean Cuisine for dinner, but writing this I just realized what a pig I have been today so I might just skip.

watermellon and almonds

a 14 foot high jasmine

I would really like to someday own a gray Neoclassical with a slick black front door. Maybe that is just a reflex because it is the complete opposite of the yellow country Victorian we are finishing building now.

Either. I *love* to shop, but I never buy much. Getting out and visiting shops is thrilling enough for me that I don't feel like I need to buy the proverbial t-shirt.

7. If you do shop online, what is your favorite website, other than Amazon?
    Is Craigslist shopping?? I have been looking out for several things and prefer to buy vintage or antiques. Antique stores (in real life) just thrill me to no end.

I break my nails on the darn piano and I only paint my nails when they are long... so not very often.

It is a weird week here, so I am just hoping that everything runs smoothly. A win would be no more poisonous snakes this week.

We just bought a new vehicle wild color. All our vehicles end up some crazy color. They can't make a color that is too wild for us! :O)
  • golddust
    14 years ago

(Once I made a chocolate cake for DH's B-Day and I ate the entire thing in two days. He likes cheesecake. DD just busted me and said I have done that to her too. She likes pie.)

DH and DD aren't even cake people. I am! (Just chocolate.) Who puts candles in cheesecakes and pies, anyway? Anyone else think a container of Ben and Jerry's is a single serving?

I do not have a weight problem, six times on the chalk board.

• lynninnewmexico
    14 years ago

*My dirty gardening shorts & tee shirt and old tennies (I've been planting flowers all day in my garden and I'm a mess!)

*Breakfast: scone, black coffee, juice, yogurt
    Lunch: hummus, pita bread, apple, ice water
    Dinner: beef enchiladas made with blue corn tortillas and my homemade red chile sauce, salad, wine

*New recipe from Martha Stewart Living mag: seared scallops on a bed of wilted baby arugula & spinach; spring onion soup; pasta w fresh spring herbs; cherry parfait; bottle of Coppola's Sofia Riesling . . . delish!

*Purple petunias, because I love their scent

*More yellows now that Summer is almost here

*Coldwater Creek and Territory Ahead

*I have French nails done (and you should see them now after three days of almost non-stop gardening!)

*Spending time with my son who's just finished up grad school and is home for the summer :~D

*White Toyota Sienna Limited minivan (all my cars have been white for years now)

Lynn

• rockmanor
    14 years ago

1 birkenstock, 1 boot cast, denim shorts & t-shirt

OJ, almond bear claw & milk for breakfast
    Supper was chicken salad made w/ poppy seed dressing & toasted pecans on a lg. bed of lettuce

Edy's Loaded Cookie Dough ice cream

Confederate jasmine

sea glass green, pale aqua, periwinkle

Grandin Road, Overstock, Coldwater Creek, Wisteria, Bealls Florida, J Jill, Ulla Popken & Target

no

Having guests for dinner for the first time since we moved here.

beat up minivan the color of local dust & dirt
  • threedgrad
    14 years ago

tank top and shorts

toast, chicken leg for early dinner

chicken leg

my roses

I may paint walls if I get a job

Either

homedecorators

yes, toes too

I hope to get a 2nd interview at the furniture store and maybe get some emails or calls for other interviews

black Mazda 4 dr sunroof and spoiler
  • redbazel
    14 years ago

It's almost 9 p.m. I'm laptopping and watching the movie S.W.A.T. in my p.js. wearing a surgical shoe for a crack on the top of my foot. Can't do anything without the stupid shoe right now.

Black coffee and Wheat Chex for breakfast. Soup & salad for lunch. I grilled chicken breasts, fresh green beans, and pilaf for supper. Iced tea all day.

I made rolled sandwiches with lavosh, salsa turkey breast, greek peppers and escarole.

Roses. And if the flowers from an Oleander count, I love them too.

I'm thinking of some creams, mochas, and muted grey-greens.

I line my eyes, spritz my hair, apply lipstick, get in my car, and drive 5 minutes to Real Stores. It's hard enough to know if what I pull off the rack will fit, if the shoe in the box will be comfortable, and if the copper star will look good on my wall, without adding the additional level of shipping costs, and opening mailing boxes....

Never shopped Amazon. I've done some Duluth Trading co. for DH type things. Ebay can be good.

Not usually. My toenails get some caramel or blush pink or toasted red. And I paint my dog's toes to match, of course.

Getting my house completely clean....it's a pit.

Camry. Gold Beige.

Red

• newdawn1895
    14 years ago

. What are you wearing right now?
    Leopard nighty
    I had bran flakes for breakfast.
    Chicken salad for lunch
    big salad left over from yesterday with everything but the kitchen sent in it. With some crusty Italian bread.

I ate lunch at my sister's house she had roast beef, mashed pototo's and gravy and english peas. Pecan pie for desert.

Didn't eat dinner

New dawn roses

I would like to change my sage green sofa's in my living room for white chesterfield sofa's.

I love to shop and touch things and I always try things on no matter what it is.

Scentiments for perfume

Not really, unless I am going somewhere special. But I always polish my toesnails bright red.

I haven't a clue, maybe garden. I have been asked out to dinner this weekend, but I'm not interested in going.

Malibu Maxx (Black on black in black)

• Irish2
    14 years ago

1. What are you wearing right now? black long sleeve jersey,tan pants ,black sandals

Starbucks non-fat latte & kashi cereal for breakfast...not sure about dinner (just DH & I)

3. What did you have for dinner last night? went to dinner
    with SIL & BIL ...I had Chilean sea bass w/risotto & a wedge salad...latte & raspberry blueberry tart for dessert

peonies & lacecap climbing hydrangea

5. Other than the main colors in your home now, what colors would you like to change to? green

6. Are you an online shopper or do you prefer to go to a store in person? both...I shop at Talbot's in person & online..same with J.Jill & Chico's .

7. If you do shop online, what is your favorite website, other than Amazon? :) Lands End, LL Bean, Sundance, etc.

bi-weekly appt./also regular pedicures in the summer
    I keep my nails short w/French maincure & dark toes

9. What one thing this week are you looking forward to doing? getting some paint chips for guest bedroom

Toyota Rav 4 Black