SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gw_oakley

Getting to Know You.....again

Oakley
13 years ago

You know the drill with my first two questions. lol.

1. What are you wearing at this moment?

2. What have you eaten today or plan on eating?

3. What is your computer wallpaper/screen saver?

4. What is your favorite vegetable? Only one!

5. If you were invisible, where would you go?

6. What does/did your parents do for a living?

7. What name would you give yourself other than your given name? You MUST choose a different name!

8. Off the top of your head, what is the best song ever written?

9. If you could have any animal in the world as a pet, (it would be tamed) what would you choose?

1. Are you hosting Thanksgiving this year or will you be a guest?

Comments (29)

• golddust
    13 years ago

New pair of jeans, floral top and spectator heels. OK. I have a vintage bib apron on top of it all.

Egg and toast sandwich, blueberry muffin and a yogurt. I'm hungry.

Picture of my dog.

Asparagus, grilled.

Anywhere I wanted to.

My father was Superintendent of Transportation, county job. Mom was a school bus driver for 28 years.

7. What name would you give yourself other than your given name? You MUST choose a different name!

Rosie?

Amazing Grace.

9. If you could have any animal in the world as a pet, (it would be tamed) what would you choose?

A monkey.

Guest. I'm hosting Christmas, which is much bigger in our family. (Dinner for 35+.)

• Oakley
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Green tee shirt, flannel pj bottoms with plaid and snowflakes. :)

For lunch I had a peanut butter and sugar free jelly sandwich. I had a coney for dinner with nothing else. Hey, it's Friday night, we don't do a "good" dinner on Fridays. lol

Light blue background with white snowflakes all over it.

Steamed Brussel Sprouts with butter. I could eat them all day.

Buckingham Palace only when the Queen is there.

Dad was a Civil Engineer, Mom was an Accountant.

My given name is Pamela, but I'd love to be called Catherine with a "C".

I don't know who wrote it, but the song "My Way" sung by Frank Sinatra.

1. A Leopard.

2. Are you hosting Thanksgiving this year or will you be a guest?

• Related Discussions

Great Expectations - see you again in 2015...I hope.

Q

Comments (5)
    Yep, wish me luck too. I bought one at the end of this season, my first attempt at a GE. I ripped out a bunch of ivy, built up a little corner with bricks on hand, and filled it with native soil I had on hand plus a bag of whatever I had in the garden shed. Might have been compost, I don't recall. Gets morning sun in this location. Anyway, sink or swim little GE. Hope to see you in 2015. Good luck to yours TandM.
    ...See More

Can't find post

Q

Comments (3)
    Hi - no that isn't it. Thanks for answering my post. Guess it just ran away, but thanks - just didn't want to snub anyone who may have tried to answer. I am glad to be back on the site again I am enjoying all the posts. I love all kinds of crafts and am in the process of making ornaments for my primitive tree this year. All felt ornaments and am just about finished. Will be glad to start on something different. tiki222
    ...See More

RECIPE: Thank you again

Q

Comments (1)
    ACK! This was meant for the Cooking forum! :o)
    ...See More

Getting to Know You...Again :)

Q

Comments (42)
    1. What are you wearing right now? Blue jeans and teal shirt What have I eaten today? Oh gee... For breakfast I had a smoked salmon salad, snack: watermellon and almonds lunch: orange and 80 calories worth of ice cream, snack: more watermellon and almonds. It is only 4! I had eyed a Lean Cuisine for dinner, but writing this I just realized what a pig I have been today so I might just skip. 3. What did you have for dinner last night? watermellon and almonds 4. What is your favorite flower in your flower garden? a 14 foot high jasmine 5. Other than the main colors in your home now, what colors would you like to change to? I would really like to someday own a gray Neoclassical with a slick black front door. Maybe that is just a reflex because it is the complete opposite of the yellow country Victorian we are finishing building now. 6. Are you an online shopper or do you prefer to go to a store in person? Either. I *love* to shop, but I never buy much. Getting out and visiting shops is thrilling enough for me that I don't feel like I need to buy the proverbial t-shirt. 7. If you do shop online, what is your favorite website, other than Amazon? Is Craigslist shopping?? I have been looking out for several things and prefer to buy vintage or antiques. Antique stores (in real life) just thrill me to no end. 8. Do you paint your nails? I break my nails on the darn piano and I only paint my nails when they are long... so not very often. 9. What one thing this week are you looking forward to doing? It is a weird week here, so I am just hoping that everything runs smoothly. A win would be no more poisonous snakes this week. What type of car do you drive and the color? We just bought a new vehicle wild color. All our vehicles end up some crazy color. They can't make a color that is too wild for us! :O)
    ...See More
  • terezosa / terriks
    13 years ago

Red cowl neck sweater and black bootleg cords

This is going to sound bad, but for breakfast I had a heat and serve frozen meal with eggs and hasbrowns, and for lunch I had another heat and serve frozen meal - orange chicken with rice. Then I had a pear. Don't know what I'll have for dinner

A picture of my two youngest kids that my daughter photoshopped with their heads on the bodies of Jemaine and Bret from Flight of the Conchords

Broccoli

I don't really have any interest in being invisible.

Dad was a rocket sceintist (really!) and Mom was a H.S. librarian

Louise?

I don't know, something by the Beatles

I'm not really a pet person - I have enough trouble taking care of myself!

We will have a very small Thanksgiving dinner at our house, just me, my DH and son, unless my son goes to his new girlfriend's house for Thanksgiving.
  • neetsiepie
    13 years ago

Dark gray jeans, gray sneakers, gray tank top and red & gray fleece pullover.
    Bagel w/cream cheese & coffee; left over spaghetti & diet pepsi; banana; currently grilling some steaks, simmering parmesan noodles and whipping up a salad for dinner.
    At home, nothing yet (just got a new PC), at work it's my granddog Julius wearing a raincoat.

Carrots

The Oval Office
    My father was an entrepeneur, he had a variety of businesses ranging from an inventory company, a chain of CB radio stores, a collection agency, a farm store and finally a business where he did safety seminars and sold pepper spray. Mom was a banker and helped Dad till he passed away, then she retired.
    Maria
    Baba O'Rielly

A bear

Going to be a guest at the newlyweds this year. My DD's first ever hosting.
  • hilltop_gw
    13 years ago

1. wearing blue jeans & a sweater curled up in my chair

2. ate today - just came home from a tastefully simple party and sampled over 20 different soups, dips, desserts and beverages. Absolutely delish!

3.screensaver-can't really say, I never pay attention

4. Favorite veg - edible snap peas

5. invisible, where would I go? - to the beach with a beer or diet coke in hand

6. parents do for a living? - farmers

7. name I'd give myself - Anna

8. best song ever written? What a Wonderful World when sung by Louis Armstrong

9. pet- I'm not a pet person, so I'd say none

1. Thanksgiving plans - family is gathering at my daughter's in NYC
  • redbazel
    13 years ago

Me: It's 9pm. Wearing a new nightie...usually get pj's.

Me: Yogurt parfait. Red Lobster for lunch. Steak & green beans for dinner, followed by a handful of chocolate chips.

Me: A photo my brand new Son-in-law took of my daughter posed on a motorcycle he had for sale.

Me: Yikes! Really? One is ridiculous people! Well, ok. Green Beans. Fine. Are you happy now?

Me: I might go check out some of the houses I see here on Garden Web. There are several I would love to see in person.

Me: My dad was a heavy-duty diesel mechanic. My mom raised their children.

Me: Alex

Me: Alan Jackson's "Remember When"

Me: Maybe a jaguar...

Me: Won't be doing either...

Red

• cooperbailey
    13 years ago

jammies
    just coffee so far.Will eat yummie homemade cookies at an open house, lunch with friends later
    photo I took of Cooper, Bailey, and DDs dog Tucker swimming all in a row back to shore after retrieving tennis balls
    4. What is your favorite vegetable? Only one! zucchini

5. If you were invisible, where would you go? for a walk

6. What does/did your parents do for a living? Bothstarted teaching school on a reservation, Dad worked into insurance field retiring as VP. Mom was a teacher, although not on the res.

7. What name would you give yourself other than your given name? You MUST choose a different name! Candy- it was almost my given name! but because of my last name my parents decided not to pick another
    8. Off the top of your head, what is the best song ever written? Star Spangled Banner
    9. If you could have any animal in the world as a pet, (it would be tamed) what would you choose? cheetah

1. Are you hosting Thanksgiving this year or will you be a guest? neither.
  • jakabedy
    13 years ago

Blue T-shirt, brown yoga pants, flip flops.

Just ate some smoked cheddar cheese and pepperoni (breakfast of champions!) We're having an open house later today so will have lots of little snacky things for lunch.

I don't have one!

Artichokes!

The back halls of Congress.

Mom was a nurse, dad was a scientist/physicist in the milkitary and later as a civilian.

When I was a kid I wanted to be a DJ and I called myself "Trista Daniels".

"Someone to Watch Over Me." George and Ira Gershwin

Just a horse.

We'll be guests of DH's sister in Arkansas.
  • flowerpwr45
    13 years ago

1. What are you wearing at this moment? Housecoat over pyjamas. Oh, and fuzzy socks.

2. What have you eaten today or plan on eating? nothing yet, just coffee.

3. What is your computer wallpaper/screen saver? Right now, its a picture of the two hundred cupcakes I baked for my daughter's summer wedding :)

4. What is your favorite vegetable? Only one! Hm, maybe onions? What if I could never cook with an onion again? Sad.

5. If you were invisible, where would you go? I would sneak on a plane and go somewhere. Repeated monthly.

6. What does/did your parents do for a living? They are both farmers.

7. What name would you give yourself other than your given name? You MUST choose a different name! Carolyn.

8. Off the top of your head, what is the best song ever written? What a Wonderful World.

9. If you could have any animal in the world as a pet, (it would be tamed) what would you choose? None, I am sort of over pets. I think our cat now knows he's the last ;)

1. Are you hosting Thanksgiving this year or will you be a guest? Canadian Thanksgiving was in October, but I hosted and will host Christmas dinner as well for about 17.
  • texanjana
    13 years ago

T-shirt, pj pants, robe, flip flops (not a pretty sight)!

Coffee and yogurt

A pic of my Mexican Flame Vine in full bloom

Artichokes

The Academy Awards

Mom was a first grade teacher, Dad was a hs principal. They later took over my dad's family business.

Suzanne (it's my middle name)

Imagine by John Lennon

Panda, but I would need a bamboo farm to go with it!

Hosting - 12 people
  • mrsmarv
    13 years ago

Gray velveteen lounge pants and a white long-sleeve pajama top.

So far...cup of coffee and 2 anisette biscotte. Later on it's sausage and peppers on home made boule.

"Puff Daddy"...taken from our back kitchen window...'tis the season ;o)

Awwww, come on LOL. Since I can only pick one, today it would be cipollini prepared agrodolce style.

The Oval Office

My dad was an artist (muralist and painter) and college art professor and my mom worked in the publishing industry and then in the public sector of education (as a secretary).

Eve, which is my middle name.

All Along the Watchtower by Bob Dylan, performed by Jimi Hendrix.

Another pug, but DH and I have decided that after our sweet, precious Tootie left us this past March, we will never have another dog. She spoiled us for any other.

Hosting. It's our favorite holiday and we've been hosting it for years.

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    13 years ago

VERY old blue jeans, Penn State sweatshirt, and bunny
    slippers

smoothie (fresh blueberries, banana, OJ, vanilla yogurt),
    toast, and three cups of tea

Pictures of trip to NZ

broccoli

No desire to be invisible

Dad was an exec with Scott Paper, mom did not work

Catherine called Cate

Really hard-wish there was a specified genre.Nessun Dorma maybe or La Marseillaise, although Baba O'Riley is an inspired pick!

One of the dogs we have now-Clouseau=best animal ever.

Always host-ready to hand it off, but no chance in the
      foreseeable future
  • cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    13 years ago

Pesky, you got me going back to Who's Next-also like
    "Behind Blue Eyes" and then thought of Emerson, Lake, and Palmer doing "Lucky Man" acoutically in Paris in 1973-amazing! Ah, good times.

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    13 years ago

ummm...meant acoustically. Sorry.

• homebodymom
    13 years ago

Levis, long sleeve white tshirt

breakfast bar, leftover chicken, banana

pic of my 12 yr old Lab Willie- I had to put him to sleep this past May :0(

asparagas

?

Dad owned a sweater mill in NY, Mom was a Mommy

Claudia

Layla (Original/non- acoustic)- Eric Clapton

A Lab

for the 1st time in 20 yrs- a guest!!!!
  • rucnmom
    13 years ago

1. What are you wearing at this moment? Jeans & black long sleeve tee

2. What have you eaten today or plan on eating? poached egg on toast, lasagne, tuna sandwich

hp design from factory
    broccoli
    The Louvre
    Field engineer for IBM; housefrau
    7. What name would you give yourself other than your given name? You MUST choose a different name! Christina

8. Off the top of your head, what is the best song ever written? "Wild Horses"

9. If you could have any animal in the world as a pet, (it would be tamed) what would you choose? bird of paradise

1. Are you hosting Thanksgiving this year or will you be a guest? hosting
  • sable_ca
    13 years ago

Teal silk jammies and a pink robe.

2. What have you eaten today? English muffin and half an
    apple for breakfast, half of a 6" veggie subway late
    afternoon, then we went and bought the fixings for a
    hot fudge sundae and I made them while we watched a DVD.

Wallpaper is a picture of the Lamar River in
    Yellowstone; screen saver consists of revolving pictures of the family, our garden and cats and vacations.

4. What is your favorite vegetable?
    Brussel sprouts.

5. If you were invisible where would you go?
    Pakistan and India.

6. What did your parents do for a living?
    My father was a college professor and my mother was a public school teacher.

7. What name would you give yourself other than your given name?
    Deborah.

8. Off the top of your head, what is best song ever written?
    The Rose, Bette Midler.

9. If you could have any animal in the world (it would be tamed) what would you choose?
    A Shetland Sheepdog, trained to control its barking.

Our family is far-flung; we're going to our favorite French bistro.
  • Bumblebeez SC Zone 7
    13 years ago

Garden clothes

More than I can write. I certainly seem to eat more than most of you!

My 2 dogs

grilled asparagus with sea salt

I'd follow my husband around for a few days.

Engineer, teacher (later sahm)

Lark

Garden Party by Ricky Nelson. Only to me, it greatly helped me through my teenage years which were tortuous.

"But it's all right now, I learned my lesson well.
    You see, ya can't please everyone, so ya got to please yourself"

I want the dog I have to be with me forever.

We host every other year. This year we go to sil's!
  • Sueb20
    13 years ago

Jeans, navy t-shirt, blue sweater. Monochromatic outfits are slimming, right? ;)

Whole grain Eggos. Tuna sub w/ lettuce and tomato. A small piece of cake that DH and DD made yesterday.

Photo from family reunion last summer.

Oh, this is hard. Corn.

To spy on my DS at college.

Father was a store manager, retired, and now is area coordinator for Meals on Wheels, part time, at age 75. My mother was an executive secretary, retired at age 55, but passed away soon after.

Alison

Love Shack by the B-52's.
    I'm kidding, sort of. I can't think of an all purpose 'best song.' But sometimes, a song by the B-52's really does work for me.

9. If you could have any animal in the world as a pet, (it would be tamed) what would you choose? A chimp.

1. Are you hosting Thanksgiving this year or will you be a guest? Guesting.
  • dgranara
    13 years ago

Black dress pants and a sweater. At work :)

Hopefully a nice lunch from the Whole Foods buffet, if Ihave time!

A picture of my kids holding a frog they caught on one of our little nature walks.

Okay, I'll have to go with the potato. For versatility alone.

Oh boy. Where wouldn't I go!?!

My father is a welder and my mother was a stay-at-home mom who has recently made a real career for herself. Go Mom!

Hmmm...growing up I was always in awe of my older cousin, Lauren. I'll go with that.

Jack and Diane! I am not physically capable of turning the station while this song is on the radio. When Mellencamp sings "hold on to 16 as long as you can.." I swear to God I've cried. 16 doesn't seem so bad anymore.

A horse.

My family and I will be guests at my aunts beautiful home in rural Massachusetts. Perfect place for a Thanksgiving dinner! We eat in their barn and my uncle takes the younger kids on hay rides.
  • lynninnewmexico
    13 years ago

* We just got back from an out-of-state trip last night, so I'm vegging out in my pj's (still) and loving it

* Egg, English muffin, Canadian bacon, yogurt, black coffee

* photo of DS dressed in a pirate costume when he was 4 y/o

* fresh, homegrown, ripe tomatoes

* Buckingham Palace~ I'd be fascinated to see how they really live there in a castle

* Dad was a VP for an international banking firm; Mom was a secretary until she married him, a housewife and mom after. Both are retired now.

* Emily Elizabeth, my favorite name for a girl growing up . . . and the name I ultimately gave our daughter. BTW, I'd never read a "Clifford" book until after she was born, so she wasn't named for that character.

* "Roll On Mississippi" sung by Charley Pride

* Flipper ;~D

* a guest: we host Christmas, our best friends host Thanksgiving
      Lynn
  • hhireno
    13 years ago

First of all, Cyn427, is your dog's name Inspector?

Jeans, striped shirt, white sweater, shoes & socks, a red & white scarf around my shoulders because I'm cold (and it's not even winter yet!).

Too many things to list - it's almost dinner time and I am about to make Curried Fall Vegetables over Basmati rice.

Both the PC & the laptop have pictures of my youngest niece & nephew. My cell phone has Hilton Head beach pictures.

Hmmm, in season it would be a tomato. The rest of the year I guess it would be green beans but I really like just about every vegetable.

Gee, I don't know. What I would like is the ability to re-materialzie like Bewitch. "Blink" I'm in Hilton Head. "Blink" I'm back home. Wouldn't travel be wonderful if you could do that and not wait in TSA lines or in traffic?

My dad was a naval officer and then a banker. My mother was always a SAHM.

I'm sorry I can't. I am so used to being Jean I can't imagine anything else. I don't ever remember wishing I had a different name. Jean was never trendy or too popular or too odd.

It's not the best ever written but hearing Morning Dance by Spyro Gyra always brings me joy.

An elephant - as long as I don't have to clean up the yard after it.

We haven't decided if I will host or if one of my sisters will host. Either way if fine with me.
  • cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    13 years ago

Jean, we just called him Clouseau since he is not really high-falutin' enough for a title, although the way he sniffs around on walks does give him the air of a detective. He is just so goofy and joyful-Clouseau seemed to fit. Best dog ever!

Love Spyro Gyra-blast from the past. That is why it is so darn hard to pick just one song/album.

• les917
    13 years ago

Comfy blue sweater, jeans, white gym shoes.

Pomegranate applesauce and some Yakisoba noodles for lunch, Chinese carryout for dinner. YUM!

A bed of fallen leaves in a riot of fall colors, sprinkled with raindrops.

Only one? ThatâÂÂs tough. I guess onions for all they do in food and alone, but as a side dish veggie, probably brussel sprouts.

Inside the Supreme Court as they deliberate.

My late father (and he was late, for everything, LOL) was a family law and real estate attorney. Most honest guy in the world, and very smart. My mom hasnâÂÂt really worked much since they got married. She was an operator (witha real switchboard) for Michigan Bell before marriage. Worked a couple times part time, just for fun. Now retired, but the queen of immaculate homes and the best pie baker in the world.

Almost anything would be better than Leslie. I have always loved the sound of Solange, but I think I would be something like Kellan.

Hallelujah Chorus by Handel is the one that comes to mind - and I am an atheist! LOL

I would take a pass. Animals are wonderful, but I would be fine without a pet, tho I love our dog Kassi.

We are having Thanksgiving for just the 4 of us on Saturday. Younger DS will be home from college, and asked if he could go with the girlfriend for part of the day to her family celebration. I just didnâÂÂt see the point in making the poor guy struggle through two meals, and I have to work every day that week but Thanksgiving, and DH is having some minor surgery on Friday. So it will be a warm and wonderful day on Saturday with DH, both the boys, and me - and Kassi eating turkey too, of course. We may stop by and see DHâÂÂs dad on Thursday for a quick visit. Not sure yet where he is going for dinner. My mom will be with my brother, so I am not welcome.

• Shannon01
    13 years ago

RED FLEECE PAJAMAS WITH MONKEY FACES ON THEM, WHITE TANK, FUZZY SOCKS.

SHREDDED WHEAT, LEFTOVER CHICKEN/STUFFING/CARROTS, VANILLA YOGURT W/GRANOLA & BLUEBERRIES, FRESH SNAPPEAS, PANDA EXPRESS, THREE KATYDID COOKIES, CONSIDERING PEACHES AND COTTAGE CHEESE.

CAN BUMBLEBEEZ TOP THAT!?
    DH, ME, DD, DS HOLDING OUR SNOWBOARDS AT BOREAL WHILE IT WAS SNOWING.

ASPARAGAS! BRUSSEL SPROUTS, TOO!

EVERYWHERE

DAD RETIRED FROM PG&E BUT NOW WORKS AT A CAMPING RESORT AS THE ELECTRICIAN. MOM WORKED FOR THE PHONE COMPANY WHEN I WAS LITTLE, THEN SHE CONVERTED THE FRONT OF THE HOUSE INTO A GIFT SHOP UP IN THE NOR CAL REDWOODS UNTIL THEY SOLD THE HOUSE A FEW YEARS AGO.

MY REAL NAME IS AGELESS SO I HAVE ALWAYS LIKED IT.

CAROLE KING'S YOU'VE GOT A FRIEND IS MY FAVORITE. IT WILL BE PLAYED AT MY FUNERAL.

ALTHOUGH A BIT LARGE HOW ABOUT A PANDA

10YRS AGO MY SON WAS BORN ON SUNDAY BEFORE THANKSGIVING. I GOT HOME FROM THE HOSPITAL ON WED MORNING AND HOSTED FOR MY PARENTS AND SIS AND BIL. I THINK THEY BROUGHT PIE!
    THIS YEAR SIS IS JUST TOO BUSY, YEAH RIGHT, SO I AM HOSTING AGAIN. BUT HER FRIEND/HER DH, DD & DS ARE COMING TOO ALONG WITH MY PARENTS. MY OTHER SIS AND HER 4KIDS ARE COMING. WE ALSO INVITED MY BESTY FRIEND AND HER TWO KIDS BECAUSE HER METH ADDICT DH IS IN JAIL, YES SHE KICKED HIM OUT LONG AGO AND IS DIVORCING HIM, AND HIS/HER FAMILYS ARE NOT INVITING HER TO THEIR HOMES. IT SHOULD BE A BLAST. WE ARE USING PAPER PLATES!

• jaybird
    13 years ago

black and white tweed suit white shell and black heels

peanut butter and jelly for bkfst.
    plan to eat supper too, but don't know what....

picture of a water feature that DS designed and built for a client

corn

I would watch my cat all day to see what she does when we are not at home :^)

US Navy and then a production woodworking company

When I was little I always wanted the name Cathy

Pachelbel's Canon in D

a raccoon

hosting....35 to 50 folks in our combined family....
  • magglepuss
    13 years ago

jeans, t-shirt, flats

Too much. toast and strawberries for breakfast, leftovers for lunch

picture of the American flag being stitched. it's very cool. I will post a link.

Potatoes, mashed with gravy or boiled with butter and sour cream, yum.

On stage for a favorite concert.

Dad was a farmer in Iowa, my mother raised 10 kids.

Lily

Beethoven - Fur Elise (sp)

dolphin

Guest at BIL house.

Here is a link that might be useful: If my people

• Bumblebeez SC Zone 7
    13 years ago

Shannon, yes, but only if you had actually eaten the peaches and cottage cheese!

And, you need to learn how to delegate! Assign dishes for your family members to bring!

• Shannon01
    13 years ago

Bumblebeez- I skipped the cottage cheese and peaches. Opted for some pringles and then a cup of cocoa puffs. I get late night munchies, it is horrible. I have no will power.

As for the dishes. Oh yes, I am strategizing. No options either, I am simply calling and telling them what to bring.