SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gwlolo

Products I wish I could find in the srocery store

gwlolo
11 years ago

I am usually a from scratch kind of cook but I do wish I could find some products in the grocery store easier or less messier or the prep time quicker.

Here is my list.. what is yours

1) Frozen grated butter or butter in tiny cubes. Handling butter for pies, scones is always a messy affair and I wish I could just find this pre-measured and ready to go. Half cup pre-measured packs in the frozen aisle would be perfect.

2) Frozen tomato sauces in 1/2 cup measures. Marinara, arrabiata or simple tomato basil. I find the frozen sauces are much nicer than the bottled ones but I mainly want a small amount. I would use them for DD's quick pasta lunch for school, to add some flavor to a soup or as a addition to some other dish. A whole bottle is too big and the paste in tubes is a bit yuck.

3) Pesto in small cubes (think ice cube trays). Just enough for a smear on a sandwich or a panini or a base for some dressing or dip. While I love to make pesto and freeze some, I would love to be able to pick up some in a pinch.

4) spices in single use tear off dispenser. Kind of the amount in one of those instant ramen flavor packs. Just enough for a dish or two. I really do not need caraway or dried tarragon to glare at me everytime I open the cupboard.

5) Celery in loose bin. I am usually looking for a cupful or so and can never finish the whole bundle of celery on time.

6) Herbs loose in the produce aisle. If I can get a handful of spinach or brasing greens and pay by weight, why cant I get a bit of basil or sage or rosemary. It feels wasteful to buy a bunch for 3.99 and only use a bit.

OK.. rant over :)

Comments (22)

Sponsored
Frasure Home Improvements
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Franklin County's Highly Skilled General Contractor