SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
patricialynn_gw

Any favorite Valentine desserts??

patricialynn
15 years ago

Need something special...can someone help.

Thanks, Patti

Comments (15)

• mustangs81
    15 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

I'm making two for Valentine's Day.

One will be for my grandbabies using the beautiful heart shaped ceramic pan Sheshebop gave me.

The other will be:

ALMOND CAKE WITH STRAWBERRY RHUBARB COMPOTE
    7 oz. pkg almond paste (not marzipan)
    1/4 cup sugar
    8 Tbsp.unsalted butter, chilled and cut into small pieces
    2 Tbsp honey
    3 large eggs
    2 Tbsp. amaretto, plus more for brushing
    l/3 cup all-purpose flour, sifted
    Kosher salt
    1/3 to 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
    Confectioners' sugar for dusting
    Strawberry Rhubarb Compote (below)
    l/4 cup whipping cream, whipped to soft peaks

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter bottom of an 8" round cake pan - butter and flour the sides. Line the bottom with parchment or wax paper.

Cream the almond paste and sugar in a stand mixer. Start on low speed to break up almond paste, then increase the speed to medium for about 2 minutes, or until the paste is broken into fine particles. Add the butter and mix for 4-5 minutes, or till mixture is light in color and airy, scraping down the sides of the bowl as necessary. It's important to mix it long enough, or the cake will have a dense texture.

Mix in the honey, then add the eggs, one at a time, beating until each one is incorporated before adding the next. Add the amaretto, flour and a pinch of salt and mix just to combine. Scrape the batter into the prepared pan and smooth the top. Bake for about 25 minutes or until cake is golden and springs back when pressed. Cool in the pan on a wire rack.

When cool, invert onto the rack, remove the parchment and invert cake again so the top is facing up. Brush the top of the cake with more amaretto and sprinkle with almonds. Dust with confectioners' sugar.

Cut the cake into 8 wedges and serve with the compote and whipped crème fraiche. This cake keeps well, well wrapped, at room temp for up to 2 days.

STRAWBERRY RHUBARB COMPOTE
    1 LB. STRAWBERRIES, RINSE AND HULLED
    1 LB. RHUBARB, TRIMMED
    1 LEMON
    3/4 CUP SUGAR

Set aside about 4 oz. (3/4 cup) of the smallest strawberries - cut them lengthwise into quarters and set aside.

Cut the remaining strawberries into halves or quarters so they are all about the same size. Place them in a medium saucepan. With a paring knife, pull away and discard the strings that run the length of the rhubarb stalks. Cut the stalks into 3/4 inch pieces and add to the sauce pan. Use a fine grater to zest the lemon. Add 1 tsp. zest to the pan. Squeeze 1 Tbsp. juice from the lemon and add to the pan.

Add the sugar and stir. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring often to dissolve sugar. By the time the sugar has dissolved, the fruit will have released a lot of juice.

Boil for about 4 minutes to reduce the liquid somewhat, then reduce the heat and simmer for 2 minutes more, or until the rhubarb is soft. Don't worry if some of the rhubarb falls apart.

Remove from the heat and stir in the reserved strawberries. Let cool to room temperature, and then refrigerate in a covered container until cold. Compote will keep for 2 weeks in the refrigerator!

• obxgina
    15 years ago

Patti, when my kids were little I used to make a really big deal on Valentines Day. Lot's of cut out cookies, cupcakes, heart shaped everything. I had a heart shaped pan and make their favorite chocolate cake or brownie recipe. Now that they are grown it's just not the same. Here is a Chocolate Mousse Pie that is very easy and very, very good:

Chocolate Mousse Pie
    Crust
    21 chocolate sandwich cookies (such as Oreos)
    1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, cut into pieces, room temperature
    Mousse
    12 ounces semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
    1 teaspoon vanilla extract
    Pinch of salt
    3 3/4 cups chilled whipping cream
    1/4 cup sugar
    Chocolate shavings (optional)
    For Crust:
    Preheat oven to 350F. Butter 9-inch-diameter springform pan with 2 3/4-inch-high sides. Finely grind cookies in processor. Add butter and process until mixture is evenly moistened. Press crumb mixture onto bottom and up sides of prepared pan to form thin crust. Bake crust 5 minutes. Transfer crust to rack and cool completely.
    For Mousse:
    Combine chocolate, vanilla and salt in processor. Bring 1 cup cream to boil in heavy small saucepan. With processor running, gradually pour hot cream through feed tube and process until chocolate is melted and smooth. Transfer mixture to large bowl. Cool to room temperature, stirring occasionally.
    Beat 2 cups cream and sugar in large bowl to stiff peaks. Fold into chocolate mixture. Pour mousse into prepared crust. Chill until set, about 6 hours. (Can be prepared 1 day ahead.)
    Beat remaining 3/4 cup cream in medium bowl to firm peaks. Transfer to pastry bag fitted with medium star tip. Pipe rosettes of cream around edge of cake. Garnish with chocolate shavings.

• Related Discussions

Need idea Valentines day dessert

Q

Comments (9)
    I just finished making little molds of raspberry gelatin. Don't worry - it tastes as much like the packaged Jell-o as a homemade apple pie tastes like a frozen Mrs. Smith's one. FRESH RASPBERRY GELATIN 2 cups fresh or frozen unsweetened raspberries 2 cups water 3/4 cup sugar 1 envelope unflavored colorless gelatin Bring the raspberries, water and sugar to a boil; reduce heat and simmer for about 20 inutes or until the fruit has dissolved in a mass. Line a large strainer with cheesecloth and place the strainer over a bowl. Pour the fruit mixture through, straining so all the seeds are removed and only the clear red liquid remains. Soften gelatin in a little cold water. Return the liquid to the saucepan and add the gelatin. Stir the gelatin thoroughly so that all the grains are fully dissolved. Bring the liquid to a boil for one minute, then remove from the heat. Pour into a mold of the proper size (about 1 1/4 pints) or into small individual cups, and chill in refrigerator. When gelatin has set, unmold and serve. Garnish with whipped cream if desired.
    ...See More

What's your favorite dessert?

Q

Comments (35)
    Carol - when is ollalaberry season? I'm coming down. You will bake me a pie. :-D Then we will waddle down the beach to burn it off. I like fruity sweets over anything chocolate. Anything lemon and I'm there. Favorite is cheesecake but it has to be to be tall, "dry" and plain, preferably crustless or with a pastry crust. No graham cracker crumbs, no fruit toppings or sour creme topping and none of that over creamy or worse yet gloppy,slimey cheese pie stuff.
    ...See More

Favorite Xmas Dessert?

Q

Comments (18)
    My Aunt Virginia would always make this for Christmas. Choco-Date Cake Combine: 1 C. Chopped dates 1 C. Boiling water Let cool to room temp. 2/3 C. shortning 1 C. sugar 1 tsp. vanilla 2 eggs Gradually add sugar to shortning and mix until fluffy. Add vanilla and eggs, one at a time, beating well. Sift together: 1 3/4 C. cake flour 2 T. Cocoa 1 tsp. baking soda 1/2 tsp. salt Add to creamed mixture, alternating with dates and mix well after each addition. Spread in oiled 9x13 pan. Sprinkle 1 C. chocolate chips and 1 C. chopped walnuts on top of batter. Bake 350 for 40-45 minutes. Cool, cut in squares and serve topped with real whipped cream.
    ...See More

Your favorite cake for Christmas dessert?

Q

Comments (25)
    another good cake that you make a few days before Christmas is the Bacardi recipe for rum cake. 1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts 1 18 1/2 oz. package yellow cake mix 1 3 3/4 oz. pkg. Jell-O Vanilla Instant Pudding and Pie filling. (Even if pudding is already in the cake mix.) 4 eggs 1/2 cup cold water 1/2 cup Wesson oil 1/2 cup Bacardi dark rum GLAZE: 1/4 pound butter(cube) 1/4 cup water 1 cup granulated sugar 1/2 cup Bacardi dark rum Directions Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease and flour a 10 inch tube pan, or 12 cup Bundt pan. Sprinkle nuts over bottom of pan. Mix all cake ingredients together. Pour batter over nuts. Bake 1 hour. Cool. Invert cake onto a serving plate. FOR GLAZE: melt the butter in a saucepan. Stir in the water and sugar. Boil five minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Stir in the rum. Prick all over the top of the cake. Drizzle and smooth glaze evenly over top and sides. Allow the cake to absorb the glaze completely. Repeat until glaze is used up. Have waxed paper underneath and continue to scoop up the glaze and add it until the cake is saturated. This is a rich, moist cake. A dollop of whipped cream can be added for a special touch.
    ...See More
  • gardenguru1950
    15 years ago

Here's a couple that were posted last year at this time:

CAPUCCINO MOUSSE

1 Tbs instant espresso coffee powder
    1/4 cup water
    1 tsp unflavored gelatin
    6 egg yolks
    1/2 cup sugar
    2 cup heavy cream
    Bittersweet choclate curls for garnish

In small bowl, dissolve the coffee powder in water. Sprinkle gelatin over coffee, let stand for 10 minutes.
    In a large metal bowl or top of a double boiler, beat egg yolks and sugar with wire whisk until combined. Place over gently boiling water . Cook, stirring rapidly with whisk about 10 minutes, or until egg mixture begins to thicken and coats a metal spoon (160F). Remove from heat.
    Add coffee/gelatin mixture to warm egg mixture, whisk until combined. Beat egg-gelatin mixture with an electric mixer on medium speed about 5 minutes or until mixture is cool. Se aside.
    Thoroughly wash beaters. In a chilled mixing bowl, beat cream with electric mixer on medium speed until stiff peaks form. Gently fold, on third at a time, into egg/gelatin mixture.
    Divide among 8 chilled dessert glasses. Cover and chill at least 4 hours. To serve, garnish with chocolate curls.

CHOCOLATE CREPES WITH MASCARPONE AND BLOOD ORANGE SAUCE

(makes 4 crepes, enough for two people)

Chocolate crepes:

7/8 cup unbleached all purpose flour
    2 tbsp cocoa
    1 1/2 tbsp sugar
    1/8 tsp salt
    7/8 cup milk combined with 1/4 c water
    3 eggs
    1 egg yolk
    1/4 cup clarified butter

Sift flour, cocoa, sugar and salt into med bowl. Stir in the combined milk and water. Beat in the eggs and yolk and then the clarified butter. Beat the batter until smooth. Let rest 1 hour in the fridge.

Mascarpone filling

1 egg yolk
    1 tbsp sugar
    3/4 tbsp grand marnier
    1/2 tsp sweet marsala
    1/4 cup mascarpone cheese

Beat the yolk and sugar until pale and thick. Beat in the liquer and wine. Add the mascarpone and beat until smooth. Chill for at least one hour.

Blood Orange Sauce

4 tbsp unsalted butter at room temp
    1/2 cup powdered sugar
    1/2 tbsp grated blood orange zest
    1/4 cup blood orange juice
    1/4 cup grand marnier

In a small bowl, Blend the butter and sugar. Add the zest, orange juice and Grand Marnier. Mix thoroughly and set aside until ready to use. (Navel oranges may be substituted if blood orange is unavailable).

Cooking the crepes

Clarified butter

Heat an 8 inch skillet until med hot. Ladle 1 tsp clarified butter into the pan, swirl and pour out excess butter. Stir the crepep batter. Tilt the pan a little and ladle approximately 1/8 c of batter into the pan, swirl it around to spread an even thin layer over the bottom of the pan. Cook for about 15 seconds. Remove crepe onto waxed paper and keep warm between two plates until ready for use. Repeat to make 4 crepes, layering them as you go.

Serving and Garnishing

1 tbsp dark rum
    1 blood orange peeled, cut into sections and seeded
    6 - 8 fresh or frozen raspberries
    2 mint sprigs
    sifted icing sugar

Spoon 1 tbsp of Mascarpone filling onto the center of each crepe. Fold the crepes in half, then again in quarters. Place two crepes on each of two plates and keep warm. Heat the orange sauce and reduce for about 5 min or until syrupy. Add the rum, orange sections and raspberries to the sauce. Swirl just enough to warm and pour over the center of the crepes. Dust the edges of each crepe with the sifted icing sugar and garnish with fresh mint.

MY PERSONAL FAVORITE...

"LOVE BERRIES"

Serves 8

Ingredients

3 pints strawberries, cored and halved (largest ones quartered)
    1 pint red raspberries
    2 Tbs powdered sugar
    (or more if berries arent perfectly ripe)
    2 ounces heavy whipping cream
    4 ounces white chocolate, chopped
    8 ounces mascarpone cheese
    2 Tbs white dessert wine

Directions

Clean strawberries and remove stem end and bad spots. Wash raspberries and drain. Sprinkle with powdered sugar (if needed) and chill overnight.

Over double boiler, combine cream, wine, and chopped white chocolate pieces. Stir occasionally until chocolate pieces are uniformly melted.

Remove from heat and add mascarpone cheese in dollops, stirring well between dollops to smooth consistency. Stir all until blended and soft. Allow to cool a little but not harden.

Cut strawberries in half (or quarters if theyre very large) and place them, mixed with the raspberries, into eight dessert glasses/cups, saving 8 small whole strawberries for garnish.

Spoon the cream mixture over the top. Depending on shape/size of glass, do two layers.

Garnish: Top with a whole strawberry (fanned)

Joe

• patricialynn
    Original Author
    15 years ago

YUM, thanks to all of you.

Patti

• lindac
    15 years ago

For several years I made a strawberry chiffon pie....beautiful mountain of pink fluff....until my DH finally let on that he would just as soon have a store cookie as that stuff! LOL!
    So then I varied it....here are a few...

RASPBERRY FRANGIPANE CAKE (Serves 12)
    This is good made the day before and covered with plastic wrap.

7 oz. almond paste
    7 oz. unsalted butter, softened
    1 cup plus 2 tbsp. sugar
    1 tsp. vanilla
    5 eggs
    1 cup sifted cake flour
    1 1/2 cups whole raspberries

Preheat over to 350 degrees. Butter and flour a 9-inch cake pan. (I like to
    use a springform pan.)
    Use a food processor or a mixer w/ a paddle attachment to cream the almond
    paste, butter, and sugar until smooth and light. (Some almond pastes stay
    chunky for a while.) Add the vanilla and eggs, beating well and scraping
    down the sides of the bowl after each addition. By hand, gently fold in the
    flour until the batter is just barely combined. Fold in the raspberries.
    Avoid overmixing, or the cake will be tough. Pour the batter into the
    prepared pan and bake until the top is nicely brown and a toothpick comes out
    clean, about 50-55 minutes. Cool completely before removing from the pan.
    Serve this moist cake plain, or in a pool of raspberry sauce, or with whipped
    cream topped with a few raspberries.

(Raspberry sauce: Press 2 c. raspberries through a fine strainer to puree
    them and remove seeds. Make a simple syrup by stirring together 3 tbsp.
    water and 1/4 c. sugar in a small saucepan and bringing to a boil. Cool.
    Stir the puree and simple syrup together. Keeps in the refrigerator for a
    week, or freeze.)

CHERRY BERRIES ON A CLOUD
    6 egg whites
    1 /2 tsp. cream of tartar 1 /4 tsp salt
    1 3/4 C Sugar
    2 C. whipping cream
    6 oz. cream cheese, softened
    1 C.sugar 1, tsp. vanilla
    2 C. miniature marshmallows 1 21-oz. can cherry pie filling
    1 tsp. lemon juice
    2 C. sliced strawberries or 1 16-oz. frozen strawberries, thawed
    Heat oven to 275 degrees. Butter a 9x-13 baking dish. In a large mixer bowl, beat egg whites, cream of tartar and salt until foamy. Beat in 1 3/4 C. sugar, 1 TBS at a time. Continue beating until stiff and glossy. Do not underbeat. Spread in the pan and bake 1 hour. Turn off oven; leave meringue in oven with the door closed 12 hours or longer.
    After meringue sits in the oven, in a chilled bowl, beat whipping cream until stiff. Cream cream cheese and 1 C. sugar and vanilla in another bowl. Mix well. Gently fold the whipped cream and marshmallows into the cream cheese mixture; spread over the meringue. Chill 12 to 24 hrs.
    To prepare the cherry berry topping: Stir together the cherry pie filling, lemon juice and strawberies. Cut meringue into serving sizes and top with Cherry Berry Topping.
    Marilyn Wilson

Or Erica's chocolate cake
    Flourless Chocolate cake
    14 oz Ghrirdelli Chocolate semi sweet
    14 oz unsalted butter
    3/4 cups sugar
    1/2 cup sugar
    10 eggs
    1 Tbs vanilla
    2 Tlbs triple sec ( or grand mariner)............12 inch spring form pan, well buttered

Preheat oven to 250
    Melt chocolate and butter in double boiler
    Separate eggs
    When chocolate and butter are melted, add 3/4 cup sugar and stir until well dissolved
    Beat egg yolks and add chocolate mixture, mix well and return to double boiler and cook stirring until slightly thickened. Add Vanilla and triple sec/
    In a clean bowl, with clean beaters, beat the eggwhites until soft peaks form. Add the last 1/2 cup sugar 1 Tbs at a time beating after each addition until stiff peaks form. Fold chocolate mixture into egg whites and pour into springform pan. Bake 250 for 2 hours......when cool, turn upside down so the top is the bottom and sift powdered sugar over the top for pretty.
    And sometimes I would just make a cheese cake and top with strawberries if I could find some or cherry pie filling...
    Or sometimes angel food cake....from scratch with pink 7 minute frosting....that's what my kids loved when they were little.
    Linda C

• ruthanna_gw
    15 years ago

CHAMBORD MELBA SAUCE

10 oz. package of frozen raspberries, thawed and mashed
    1/2 cup currant jelly
    1/4 cup sugar
    1 tsp. cornstarch
    1/4 cup Chambord liqueur
    1/2 tsp. lemon juice

In a small saucepan, combine raspberries, jelly and sugar. Stir over moderate heat until boiling. Whisk in cornstarch and liqueur; then simmer gently for 10 minutes. Stir in lemon juice. Strain and chill before serving.

To serve, place fresh, poached or frozen peaches in tall stemmed glasses; add vanilla ice cream and top with melba sauce.

• hawk307
    15 years ago

Patti:
    That's my Daughter's Birthday.
    Last year I made a Valentine Pizza.

I need an Idea for this year.
    Maybe we can both can get an Idea from your Post.

I want something easy.
    Maybe a Cherry or Strawberry Cheese Cake . Shape the fruit like a Big Heart.
    And cut more Strawberies like small hearts around the big one.

Hey !!! That sounds good. Think I'll do it.

Glad I looked in here.
    If I think of something for you , I'll Post it.

Thanks for your help,
    LOU

• jessyf
    15 years ago

My DH and a can of whipped cream. Sorry I don't share.....but I'm sure he wouldn't mind

• hawk307
    15 years ago

Gina: Why don't you make it a big deal," Now ".
    Because they are Grown Up.??? Woman never grow up, in some respects.

You should do the old way again, I think they would enjoy it .

My one Daughter said when she was about 8 or 9 years old.
    " Oh ! There's not really a Santa "

I said to her ,
    " Well, I guess you won't get anymore Christmas gifts "

She still belives in Santa. She is now 52 yrs. old .

LOU

• eileenlaunonen
    15 years ago

Im a fan of Creme Brulee and fresh berries with homemade whip cream..

• lyndaluu2
    15 years ago

Don't forget Chocolate Molten Cake!!!
    I use Emeril's recipe; I like it the best.

FoodNetwork.com
    Molten Chocolate Cakes with Raspberries and Cream

Recipe courtesy Emeril Lagasse, 2001

Prep Time:
    10 min
    Cook Time:
    30 min

Level:
    Easy

Serves:
    4 servings

Ingredients

* 1 1/2 teaspoons unsalted butter, plus 1/4 pound (1 stick)
    * 4 teaspoons all-purpose flour, plus 2 tablespoons
    * 6 ounces bittersweet or semisweet chocolate, chopped
    * 2 tablespoons cold heavy cream
    * 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
    * 2 large eggs
    * 2 large egg yolks
    * 1/4 cup sugar
    * 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
    * Pinch salt
    * 1/2 cup cold heavy cream
    * 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
    * 1 tablespoon nut-flavored liqueur
    * 1/2 pint fresh raspberries
    * 4 sprigs mint
    * Sweetened cocoa, as garnish

Directions

Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Grease and flour 4 (6-ounce) ramekins or baking dishes with the 1 1/2 teaspoons of butter and 1 teaspoon of flour in each, tapping out the excess flour. Set on a baking sheet.

In a double boiler, or a metal bowl set over a pan of simmering water, melt the remaining 1/4 pound of butter with the chocolate, cream, and powdered sugar, stirring until smooth. Remove from the heat.

In a bowl, whisk together the eggs, egg yolks, sugar, vanilla, and salt until thick ribbons form, about 3 minutes. Sift 2 tablespoons flour into the egg mixture and fold together. Fold the chocolate into the egg mixture. Divide among the prepared dishes and bake until the sides of the cake are set and the tops are puffed but still soft, about 12 minutes.

Remove from the oven and let cool in the ramekins for 2 minutes, then unmold onto dessert plates.

Meanwhile, in a bowl whip the cream until beginning to form soft peaks. Add the sugar and nut liqueur and beat until stiff peaks start to form. Spoon a dollop of the whipped cream on each unmolded cake, and garnish each plate with raspberries and a sprig of mint. Sprinkle cocoa over the cakes, and serve.

Linda

• doucanoe
    15 years ago

The Cappucino Mousse is divine, and very simple to make. Here are a couple more ideas.

Raspberry-Lemon Shortbread Tart
    From Every Day with Rachael Ray
    February-March 2006
    8 Servings
    Prep Time: 30 min; Cook Time: 50 min
    3 cups frozen raspberries (1 pound)
    1 stick plus 6 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut into pieces
    1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
    1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
    3 large eggs
    Zest and juice of 2 lemons (about 1/4 cup juice)
    Confectioners' sugar, for dusting

No need to get out your rolling pin or even grease the pan for this dessert. Just use your fingers to mix the shortbread dough, then dump it straight into a cake pan, press down and bake.

1. Drain the raspberries in a strainer set over a bowl. Preheat the oven to 400°. Using your fingers, combine the butter, 1/2 cup of the sugar and 1 1/2 cups of the flour and blend together until coarse crumbs form. Pour the mixture into an ungreased nonstick 9-inch springform or cake pan and press down evenly to form a crust. Bake the shortbread crust until lightly golden, about 20 minutes.

2. Remove the shortbread from the oven and reduce the temperature to 325°. Scatter the drained raspberries evenly over the baked shortbread.

3. Beat the eggs with the remaining 3/4 cup of sugar until thick and pale yellow. Whisk in the lemon zest, the lemon juice and the remaining 1/4 cup of flour. Pour the lemon cream over the raspberries and bake the tart until the custard is set, about 30 minutes. Let cool, then dust with confectioners' sugar.

You can replace the raspberries with your favorite fruitor even pieces of chocolate. Go all the way and swap a teaspoon of vanilla extract for the lemon juice and zest in the quick custard.

My notes: Based on the mistakes I made the first try...Make sure the berries are thawed and drained well. Don't make the custard while the crust is baking! While the crust is COOLING I made the custard, and then put the berries on the crust just before pouring the custard on top. Baking time was a bit longer than the 30 minutes stated, too.
    Also...I made the shortbread in the food processor rather than using my fingers. Worked perfectly.

[
    ](http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=10&imgid=314730419) Blackberry Buttermilk Panna Cottas with Blackberry Compote For panna cottas 3/4 lb blackberries (about 3 cups) 1 1/4 cups well\-shaken buttermilk 2 3/4 teaspoons unflavored gelatin (from two 1/4\-oz envelopes) 1/4 cup water 1 1/2 cups heavy cream 2/3 cup sugar 2 tablespoons blackberry syrup, store\-bought or homemade (see cooks' note, below) For compote 1/2 cup water 1/2 cup crème de cassis 2 tablespoons sugar 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice 1/2 lb blackberries (about 2 cups) Special equipment: 6 (6\-oz) molds (preferably nonreactive) Make panna cottas: Purée blackberries with buttermilk in a blender until very smooth, then pour through a fine\-mesh sieve into a bowl, pressing on and then discarding solids. Sprinkle gelatin over water in a small bowl and let stand 1 minute to soften. While gelatin softens, heat cream and sugar in a saucepan over moderate heat until hot, stirring until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat and add gelatin mixture, stirring until dissolved. Stir cream mixture and syrup into blackberry purée, then pour through cleaned sieve into a bowl. Pour mixture into molds and chill, covered, until firm, at least 8 hours. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Chocolate Turtle Torte with Caramel Sauce Source: St Paul Hotel Crust: 3\-2/3 c pecans 1\-1/4 c sugar 7T unsalted butter In food processor blend pecans and sugar, add melted butter in steady stream until combined well. Turn out mixture into a 12" tart pan with removable bottom. Press to 1/8" thickness on bottom and 3/8" on sides. Bake at 350F for approximately 20\-25 minutes or until lightly toasted. Cool. Filling: 1lb semi sweet chocolate 2 c heavy whipping cream Bring cream to a boil and pour over coarsely chopped chocolate. Mix until chocolate is melted and mixture is combined well. Pour into cooled crust and refrigerate for 3 hours or up to overnite. Caramel Sauce: 4oz unsalted butter 1 c sugar 1 c heavy whipping cream ¾ c crushed pecans (for garnish) In heavy saucepan melt butter, add sugar and cook until dark brown (not burnt). Add cream and remove from heat. Mix thoroughly until mixture turns a rich golden color. Drizzle over slices of torte and serve. Linda
  • patricialynn
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Gee all of these sound delicious, I'll be making all of them in time.

Maybe I'll even try the can of whipped topping Jesse suggested....;o)

thanks, Patti

• rob333 (zone 7b)
    15 years ago

Can someone please make all of these and then I can come to your buffet? Oh my gosh they all sound so good.

• hawk307
    15 years ago

All I made was the Plain Ole CheeseCake for my Daughters
    Birthday 2/14/09
    I Posted it somewhere else Too ?????

I just made the Heart with the Strawberry Preserves.
    Made an Arrow with a Straw and stuck a candle in the end.

Tommorrow I'll put fresh Strawberries around the edge
    Nothing Fancy !!!
    Lou