SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mustangs81

The BFF I Never Met Came To Dinner

mustangs81
11 years ago

We say it all the time when we meet CF friends, seems like we've know each other forever. How true once again.

Clive and Sharon showed up in their beautiful sexy vintage car and it was no-stop talking from the time they hit the front door. I had topics ready in case there were lulls in the conversation; didn't get to use any, in fact we were so engaged in no-stop conversation that the meal suffered from lack of attention!

We were talking so much that we kept forgetting to take pictures so the food was already sampled when we did remember.

I'm a lacking the presentation skills most of you have so I'm sharing preparation and after meal pictures.

Okay, enough justifying, here goes.

The table is set:

The menu is up:

>

The vegetables are ready for roasting and the bread is ready for the oven:

Lasagna, meatballs, and sausage are waiting for oven time:

Looks like the bread is ready...oops forgot to slash:

Sharon and Himself arrive:

They bring perfect wine. I got a much needed tutorial on Canadian Ice Wine from Clive and I'm eager to try it when it's hot here, that won't be long:

Help yourself to stuffed peppers and/or strawberries with Cognac dip while dinner warms--okay we promise to take pictures before munching, here's what's left:

I hear the dinner bell:

Someone took a bite out of the Tortoni!:

The heck with cleaning up, let's visit some more. For me not to be concerned with the messy kitchen is true validation that I am so comfortable with our guests:

Time to say goodbye; what a very enjoyable evening it was with our BFF's:

Comments (28)