SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
doucanoe

Look who came to dinner!!!

doucanoe
13 years ago

They arrived on Friday night! We had a lovely dinner of Sue's Roadhouse Ribs, Potato Gratin and Roasted Beets (recipe posted on the "new recipe" thread).

(You can click on the photos to enlarge...)

{{gwi:1564142}}

{{gwi:1564143}}

We built a fire and sat out in the back yard gabbing and drinking wine. It was a lovely night!

Breakfast was a Potato Florentine Strata along with Glazed Lemon Sour Cream Cake and home canned pears that Sherry brought.

{{gwi:1564144}}

Sherry also gifted me with a quart of her home canned peaches, an assortment of Penzey's spices, a bag of dried cherries and some Michigan Maple Syrup!

Saturday we went to the Minnesota State Fair. It was lovely for the first couple of hours, but then the crowds became unbearable so we only stayed about 3-1/2 hours. Totally made me remember why I don't go to the fair! LOL But it was fun, nonetheless.

Made Taco Salads for dinner and then went out and had another fire....oh...and more wine!

{{gwi:1564145}}

Yesterday we went to the historic town of Stillwater, MN. It lies on the banks of the St. Croix River and there are lots of fun shops, antique stores, a winery and lots of good restaurants.

Along the way we stopped at a scenic overlook and took in the beauty of the river valley. Just after taking these photos a huge Bald Eagle flew right above our heads....he was breathtaking!

{{gwi:1564146}}

{{gwi:1564147}}

{{gwi:1564148}}

In Stillwater, we did some antique shopping, visited a couple of great art galleries, went to the winery and did some sampling of the local wines, took a walk along the riverfront, and watched the lift bridge go up and let the very large boats pass.

We had dinner at a restaurant called The Dock Cafe, and sat ouside overlooking the water. The food was good, but not phenomenal, we didn't take any photos of it.

Here are the four of us. It was a lovely day. We ended the evening on my front porch with candles lit and yes....another two bottles of wine! LOL

{{gwi:1564149}}

It was a really fun time, and Sherry, Roger and Dexter left this morning, heading for the Black Hills!

Linda

Comments (17)