SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hittlets

Cooking Club

hittlets
16 years ago

Hello. I hope you are all doing well.

I just wanted to start a conversation about a cooking club that a couple of friends and myself are going to start. I don't know if others do this or not, but I am very excited about it and wanted to share it with you. If this has been a post before (I looked and didn't see anything similar), please forgive.

So, on Sunday we went over to another couple's home for dinner. She and I both like to cook, and as I was telling her about the cornbread dish I made, and she was talking about her chili recipe, I had the idea of creating a cooking club. Basically, it would be a group of friends (new and well established) that would get together every month and bring a dish to share with the other members and exchange the recipe.

This idea was a hit with the person I had dinner with on Sunday and another friend I work with. I think we will get together in March and have our first exchange. There are many things we can do with this club and get different recipes. Some of the things I was thinking about are: ingredient themes, seasonal themes (holidays or weather), courses, etc. After we taste and exchange recipes, we can talk about what we liked or didn't like about the recipe, maybe even offer suggestions for altering the recipes.

Has anyone done or been a part of anything similar? What do people think of the idea? Any thoughts we should consider or ideas? Our group is going to start with 3 people, but as we find others who are interested I am hoping that it grows.

Looking forward to the discussion,

Tim

Comments (10)