SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cvazqu

What area of NYC for a visiting family with 3 kids?

cvazqu
10 years ago

Good morning! I do not post terribly often on GW (due in part to always browsing on my phone and in part to always having children with me who demand my attention :)), but I do read the forums every day and know that some of you here could help me with this issue.
My family (my husband, three children- 8 year old boy, 5 yr old girl, 3 yr old girl, and myself) will be visiting NYC for the first time together in early June. I need help from people more familiar with the city to help me determine which area we should stay in while we are there. We want to be in close proximity to as many of the big 'things to do and see' (with three kids!) as possible. And we want to be in a safe area. We will be in the city for a week. I'm looking at both hotels and VRBO rentals but the sheer number of available options are overwhelming. It would be so helpful if some of you more familiar with the city could recommend a particular neighborhood in which I should focus my search. I've googled this, of course, but it's hard for me to judge what will truly be a good area given that I am such an outsider. Google leads me to believe that we should focus on Midtown. Do you agree? If not, where would you look for your family? Any recommendations or even areas to rule out would be very helpful.
Thank you so much!
(And please forgive any typos; I'm posting from my phone)

Comments (22)