Filtered Flouride Free Water

mes444

Many publications we have been reading lately recommend that we remove flouride from our diets as much as possible. And I know our water has flouride in it, so I was wondering if anyone here knows of a brand of water which has flouride removed, it can be bottled or the kind delivered in jugs which sit on a cooler. Any help would be most appreciated.

SaveComment6Like
Comments (6)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mar_cia

The flouride issue is hugely controversial. But, I am on your side of it. Distilling removes flouride and I believe reverse osmosis does also. So if you purchase distilled water it is flouride free. I have a distiller so I don't have to lug home all the bottled water. Distilling is also controversial. It is difficult to find a perfect solution. I commend you for trying to improve your health.

Save    
mar_cia

I forgot...first check locally about your water. It may very well not be treated with flouride. Many locations don't add the flouride.

Save    
3katz4me

Are the publications you've been reading based on some kind of scientific evidence? Granted there could always be something we don't know yet about fluoridated water but everything I've learned as a public health professional is that it is one of the single most effective public health measures ever put in place with no scientific evidence of any harmful effects. As a result there is now a generation of adults who grew up with fluoridated water who have never experienced tooth decay. I would be very interested to know if there is some new scientific evidence that it's harmful.

Save    
norahs6

We even switched to toothpaste that is flouride free !!

Save    
new2gardenfl

Check with your local public works. I have been working 7 years as an environmental engineer in the water and wastewater industry. I have yet to go to a single water plant that adds flouride.

You may not even have it in your tap water. Don't assume, ask!

Save    
mar_cia

Gibby, It is controversial....I have reams of scientific evidence that discusses the problems with flouride. If you do a google search you will be deluged with info on both sides. I raised two kids ...no flouride ...no cavities. My grandkids get flouride tablets and still already at a young age have cavities. It isn't as simple a subject as it seems on the surface.

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Healthy Home How to Choose a Home Water Filtering System
Learn which water purification method is best for your house, from pitchers to whole-house setups
Full Story
Green Decorating Easy Green: Steam Cleaners for a Chemical-Free Sparkle
Deep clean and sanitize by harnessing high-temperature water for floors, curtains and clothes as immaculate as they are healthy
Full Story
Gardening 101 Get on a Composting Kick (Hello, Free Fertilizer!)
Quit shelling out for pricey substitutes that aren’t even as good. Here’s how to give your soil the best while lightening your trash load
Full Story