SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cagardenerwestelle

Why For?

CA Kate z9
14 years ago

I was just reading Sooz question about boiling water in 90 sec. It made me think about all the kitchen toys that I've been seeing in the Spring cooking catalogues. Most of these items serve one purpose, do one thing, which can always be done with a multi-task conventional piece of kitchen equipment, ei: one small sauce pan on one stove to boil 1 cup of water.

Where do people store all these single-purpose appliances? I have a fairly large kitchen and don't have room for even one of them.

I was especially fascinated by the electric composter for $399. Then there is the Breville electric Steamer, AND, I'm not sure who could live without a SousVide Supreme Water Oven... whatever that is. There are bread makers, ice cream machines, toaster ovens and countertop ovens, large Espresso/Coffee makers, large Citrus Presses and Juicers, and the list goes on. And none of these are cheap.

I'm all for equipment that is multifunctional and makes my life easier and my food taste better, but have things gone a bit far?

Comments (25)