SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jwilliamsr

Philips 32PT71B1 Shuts Off

jwilliamsr
18 years ago

My Philips 32PT71B1 has (at least) two problems. For about a year the sound from the speakers has periodically dropped out, then back in, intermettently. No big deal... I just routed the audio output to my nearby sound system amp and listened to superior speakers.

SECOND PROBLEM: Today the TV has begun to turn itself off, leaving the red LED flashing a sequence of 2 - 2 - 2 - 2, etc. Also beginning today, the menu items on the screen(channel number, time, volume bar, etc.) have begun to flicker in their normal locations and also in locations vertically BELOW their "normal" places on the screen. The picture looks quite normal even while the menu items are flickering wildly. The picture continues to look normal right up to the time the TV shuts down. It can be turned back on and may stay on from just a few seconds up to several minutes, but will eventually shut down again leaving the LED flashing 2 - 2 - 2, etc.

This second problem is really the only important one to me. I mentioned the first one (sound) just in case it might be related.

Pee Wee, I'm not an electronics tech, so I probably won't risk opening the set up except for a curious look-see, but I would love to hear what you think the problem might be and whether it sounds difficult to diagnose. Thanks for considering my problem!

Comments (2)