SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jtlind01

Philips 32pt81 s127/32H800 7592 keeps turning off

jtlind01
17 years ago

I have a philips model #32pt81 s127 chasis# 32H800 7592 and have a couple problems with it. First problem is the sound from time to time would come and go and now has stopped working altogether. Not too much of an issue since i bought a tuner that runs sound from the cable box. However my big problem started last night. Was watching tv and the set clicked and abruptly shut off. Wouldn't turn on at first but finally did after leaving it off for a few minutes, however it will only work for a few minutes at a time before shutting off again. When it goes, the power completely goes. I gave the board a quick glance over to check the fuse and see if anything had a burnt smell but it all looks fine. I thought about replacing the whole chasis to solve both problems but can't locate one. Any suggestions on what's causing the problem and what parts need replacing?

Comment (1)

• randy2813
    17 years ago

I am having the same problem with my Phillips Magnavox TS3254 TV. Chasis Model # 32Z500-7563. The TV starts and after a while the screen goes gray with white lines and shuts off. I have seen many postings to replace the R3340 resistor on the CRT circuit board. My model does not have #s that high on the CRT board. The circuit board # is GR6B-97 212974C0320B is also printed on the board. The resistors are labeled R54, R55, R60, etc....
    Can you tell me which resistor need replacement?
    Thanks

Sponsored
Industry Leading Landscape Contractors in Franklin County, OH