SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
edieallie

My life has changed...

OllieJane
11 years ago

I have been pretty depressed lately and due to the fact since my mom passed away, my family is not close.

My mom was the rock that held everything together. Things were always rocky with my brother, and I only got a long with him for my mom's sake, and my sister has always been the type you have to call or get in touch with her, unless she needs something. People think our family was perfect, but it was not. My dad has been so sad, and depends on me a lot, emotionally. My dad and I were closest to my mom. Mom was the one who always wanted the grandkids over, etc. and Dad just went along with it. He loves his grandchildren, but, he has just never been that type of grandfather that dotes on them. He was upset the other day and told me he was sorry that he knew Mom was the one who did so much with the kids. I don't expect, nor do I want him to change now.

These last few holidays, we really only got together because of my dad. I am not thinking we will get together for Easter, because most of the grandkids are too old, except for my DS, and heck we don't even like each other.

I am not letting it affect/effect (?) my life, just hope it gets better. Thank God for my friends. My family has always been a priority and it's just so different now. I know I've rambled, and probably don't even make any sense, but, wanting to maybe hear from someone that things will get better. It's been since October, so I guess I'm still grieving.

Comments (22)